PDA

View Full Version : I need recipes

wolfsoul
05-31-2005, 07:25 PM
I have a project in foods class -- I need to hand in 50 family recipes. I think that's incredibly unreasonable, considering my family doesn't have any special recipes. So I thought you guys could help me out. If you have any good recipes, please post them here! :) They can be any kind of food, but I need meals, appetizers, and deserts.

Thanks in advance!

Freckles
05-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Maybe you can find something HERE. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16188&highlight=recipe)

wolfsoul
05-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks! :) Those look like good recipes. I'll look through that.

kuhio98
05-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Here's my Uncle "Beav's" recipe for Rhubarb Custard Cake. (His real name is Theadore but he's always been called "the Beav".

Rhubarb Custard Cake

1 yellow cake mix
4 cups of chopped rhubarb
1 cup of white sugar
1 pint of whipping cream

Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Pour in a greased 9" X 13" cake pan.

Cover with the rhubarb and sprinkle with the sugar.

Pour the whipping cream over the entire cake pan.

Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Cream and rhubarb sink to the bottom and form a luscious custard layer. This stuff is yummy.

The "Beav"

Oggyflute
05-31-2005, 11:07 PM
I could e-mail a heap if you like, PM me and I'll send a lot your way.
The file would be quite large, I have loads.:D

dukedogsmom
05-31-2005, 11:50 PM
I'll have to put my mom's 24hour salad here. I'm at work so in the next few days, I'll try and find it. It is so good. It's got marshmallows and pineapples in it.

PJ's Mom
05-31-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
I could e-mail a heap if you like, PM me and I'll send a lot your way.
The file would be quite large, I have loads.:D

I'll take some! :D

gini
06-01-2005, 12:27 AM
http://www.cooksrecipes.com/category/dessert.html

Try this site too..............

kittycats_delight
06-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Risotto ai Funghi

Chicken broth (can be made with
bouillon cubes)
Rice
parsley, chopped
Fresh mushrooms (I use dried porcini
mushrooms too)
Parmesan cheese

If using dried mushrooms, you only need a few ounces, but make sure
you soak them in warm water and rinse well, saving the water you
soaked them in and putting it through a cheesecloth to rid it of sand
and dirt. In a casserole, saute the mushrooms in the butter and
chopped parsley for few minutes. Add desired amount of rice and stir.
At this time you will add the water you soaked the mushrooms in.
To the rice you will alternate adding ladles of the gently boiling broth,
stirring until it is absorbed, more broth, stir, etc. until rice is cooked
to your liking. This is a delicate dish that needs your attention
(so rice won't burn) and needs to be served immediately with Parmesan
on the side for those who want it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CHICKEN PARMIGIANO

4 boneless chicken breasts
Meatless tomato sauce
Flour
Salt
Pepper
1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
Grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. chopped parsley
Oil
4 slices Mozzarella cheese

Season flour with salt, pepper and beat eggs; mix crumbs with 1/2 cup grated cheese and parsley. Dip chicken in flour then
egg, then crumb mixture. Saute in hot oil until browned, reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove chicken to
baking pan and sprinkle with more cheese. Layer with tomato sauce on chicken then Mozzarella cheese and cover with more
sauce then grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes. Serve with spaghetti.

CHICKEN PARMIGIANO

3 whole chicken breasts, split,
skinned and boned
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/8 tsp. pepper, salt
3/4 c. fine bread crumbs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. margarine
8 oz. Mozzarella cheese
2 c. tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Place chicken breast on cutting board and pound lightly until about 1/2 inch thick. Combine eggs, salt and pepper. Dip
chicken into egg mixture, then bread crumbs. Heat oil until hot in large frying pan. Quickly brown chicken on both sides,
remove to shallow baking dish. Pour excess oil from pan. Stir tomato sauce, basil, garlic into pan, heat to boiling, simmer 10
minutes. Stir in margarine. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Uncover. Place Mozzarella cheese over chicken. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese melts. Serve with spaghetti.

CHICKEN PARMIGIANO

Skin and bone 6 chicken breasts. Place between plastic wrap and pound thin with a rolling pin.SAUCE:
3 tbsp. oil
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 onion, minced
1 (1 lb. 4 oz.) can tomatoes (2 1/2
c.), drained
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. thyme

In the oil, saute garlic and onion until golden. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper; break up tomatoes with spoon; simmer,
uncovered, 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Strain or put through food
mill. To prepare: 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese 3 tbsp. oil 1/2 lb. Mozzarella cheese 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese 1/4 c. packaged
bread crumbs Beat egg with fork. Combine crumbs and 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese. Dip each chicken supreme into egg,
then crumbs; saute in oil, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Place, side by side, in shallow baking dish. Start
heating oven to 350 degrees. Thinly slice Mozzarella. Pour 2/3 of tomato mixture over chicken. Arrange Mozzarella slices
on top. Spoon on remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Serve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

EASY CHEESE MANICOTTI

500 ml tub regular or light ricotta cheese
1 small onion finely chopped
1/2 c assorted peppers finely chopped
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
12 manicotti shells
1 to 1 1/2 c. shredded Mozzarella
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
500 ml can of your favorite spaghetti sauce - or make your own

Mix ricotta, spinach, egg, and Parmesan cheese together. Add salt and
pepper to taste. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan with olive oil. Spread half of
the spaghetti sauce in pan. Spoon ricotta filling down middle of each
tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in single layer on top of the
sauce in the pan. Pour remaining sauce over all. Bake covered at 350
degrees for about 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle with Mozzarella. Bake 5
minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

CABBAGE ROLLS

1/2 c. uncooked rice
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef or ground
turkey
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp Accent
Dash of pepper
1 bottle of Campbell's Tomato Juice
1 tsp of lemon juice
10 cabbage leaves
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. cold water

Combine first 8 ingredients and mix well. Steam cabbage leaves 3
minutes or until just limp. Drain. Spoon meat mixture onto leaves; roll
each leaf around meat, turning ends under. Place in large saucepan or
dutch oven; pour remaining tomatoes over rolls. Cover, simmer 45
minutes. Remove rolls to warm platter. Combine cornstarch and cold
water, stir into liquid in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until
mixture thickens and boils. Serve with cabbage rolls.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have bunches more....pm me and I will email then to you if you want.

:D :D :D

Logan
06-01-2005, 10:49 AM
See if you can find the old recipe thread in search. There were tons of "favorites" posted there. You must find Karen's uncle's Banana Bread recipe. It is quite good! :)

Good luck!! I love to cook! :)

Samantha Puppy
06-01-2005, 10:53 AM
My favorite cake EVER.

Ingredients:

1 pkg lime gelatin (4 serving size)
1 pkg Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix

Topping:

1 envelope whipped topping mix (2 to 2.5 cup yield)
1 pkg lemon instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
1 1/2 cups cold milk

Dissolve gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Set aside at room temperature. Mix and bake as directed in a 13x9-inch pan. Cool cake 20-25 minutes.

Poke deep holes through top of warm cake (still in pan) with a toothpick or meat fork. Space holes about 1 inch apart. With a cup, slowly pour gelatin mixture into holes.

Refrigerate cake while preparing topping. Topping: In a chilled bowl, blend and whip topping mix, instant pudding, and cold milk until stiff (3-8 minutes). Immediately frost cake. Cake must be stored in refrigerator and served chilled.

wolfsoul
06-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks everyone! I have almost enough recipes. I might have to get all of those recipes from you Trev. :D

catlover4ever
06-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Here is my aunt's Chinken Casserole.

3 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup
1 small container Sour Cream
1 package ready made stuffing
1 can chicken broth

Boil chicken in water until cooked through. Once cooked completely shred or cube chicken. Place chicken in 8x8 casserole dish.

In seperate mixing bowl, combine soups and sour cream and mix well. Once mixed completely pour over chicken in casserole dish.

Sprinkle stuffing over chicken and soup/sour cream mixture. Pour can of chicken broth over stuffing mixture to saturate stuffing.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place in oven and cook 30 minutes or until stuffing is brown and soup/sour cream mixture is bubbling.

Serve hot.

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Just a few of my favourites; :)

Trev’s Bacon Wrapped Roast Beef

1 X roasting beef, (big slab of rump works great)
3 tb Dijon mustard
½ ts thyme leaves, dried
½ ts cracked pepper
6 sl bacon
1 med onion, sliced
1 x large oven bag

Directions:
1) Pre heat oven to a low heat
2) Cut slits in the top of the roast to allow bacon drippings to penetrate. (Cross hatch works well)
3) Spread mustard evenly over the entire roast
4) Sprinkle thyme leaves and cracked pepper over the top of the roast
5) Scatter some onion over roast
6) Wrap roast tightly with bacon slices (toothpicks or string will work)
7) Prepare oven bag
8) Place roast inside oven bag with the rest of the onion and place on oven dish and place in oven (2kg roast cook for 4hrs approx at about 150C depending on oven)
9) When roast is cooked remove from bag & set aside covering with foil
10) Use juices from the bag to make gravy
-------------------------------------------------------------------

HOT BREAD DIP
(Created by Trev)

INGREDIENTS:
1 pack of 250gm cream cheese
2 cups of sour cream
2 cups of grated tasty cheese
400 grams of diced bacon
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 teaspoons (approx) of fresh chopped chives
1 round cob loaf

METHOD:
Cook bacon & set aside. Dice onion & cook through till it changes colour, then set aside. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, bacon, & onion. Mix well in mixing bowl. Crush garlic and add with chopped chives. Cut top of cob loaf, (one thick slice). Scoop out bread leaving shell. Tear bread into bite size portions and set aside. Fill loaf with dip mixture and cover with the cut slice of bread. Wrap in foil and cook in oven at 180 degrees C for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil. Take of lid and tear lid into pieces. Return to oven with bread pieces on a tray to crisp up for a further 10 minutes.
Serve immeadiately and enjoy. (more bread may be needed to crisp, in which case I recommend 4 long rolls torn into bite size pieces)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trev’s Spicy Sausage Rolls

Ingredients:
250gm sausage mince
250gm lean minced beef
4 spring onions finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce
2 teaspoon of sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon of mixed Italian herbs
1 teaspoon of Moroccan spice
2 Thai chili’s
1/3 cup of stale bread crumbs
1 egg lightly beaten
tobascco sauce to taste
salt & pepper to taste.
Plus:
3 sheets of puff pastry
1 extra egg lightly beaten for pastry

1) Combine all ingredients and mix well
2) Cut pastry sheets in halves. Spoon 1/6 of the mince mixture down one long side of each piece of pastry. Brush edges with a little extra egg. Roll pastry over to enclose filling. Brush tops with egg. Cut length into six even pieces. Place rolls, seam side down on to baking paper lined oven tray.
3) Cook in a moderate hot oven, 190C, for about 20 minutes, or until golden & cooked through.

· Use your favorite spice instead of Moroccan. Also you can use Gourmet Garden’s mixed herbs, it’s fresh from a tube, most convenient.

Lime Garlic Chicken
Seasoned chicken breasts sautéed with butter and garlic and topped with a squeeze of fresh lime.
(Scaled to make 1 serving)

¼ cup flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 – ½ skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
¼ cup of butter
1 clove of garlic, diced
¼ lime
Lemon pepper to taste

Directions:
1) Mix flour, salt & pepper together in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat. Set aside.
2) Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté 3 to 4 minutes, until it starts to change colour. Sauté coated chicken strips with butter and garlic for 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through and juices run clear.
3) Squeeze lime over chicken and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Serve hot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TUNA & MUSHROOM STUFFED TOMATOES
(Created by Trev)

Ingredients:
6 large tomatoes
Salt & pepper
30g butter
3 tbsp plain flour
300ml milk
250gm tuna (flaked)
6 mushrooms (diced)
½ green capsicum (diced)
1 brown onion (diced)
100gm cheddar cheese, grated

Preparation:
Heat oven to 190C.
Sauté onions. Capsicum and mushrooms until flavour released and colour turned. Remove from pan and set aside.
Cut tops off tomatoes. Hollow each one out, removing seeds and some flesh. Sprinkle lightly with salt inside and turn upside down to drain.
Meanwhile, heat butter and stir in flour. Off heat, whisk in milk. Return to heat and bring to boil, whisking continuously, until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in tuna, mushrooms, capsicum, onions and half the cheese. Season. Divide mixture into tomato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes until topping is golden brown.
Serve on a bed of tomato flavoured noodles or rice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Trev’s Maple Beef Fillet with Baked Onions

Ingredients:
1 to 1.5 kilo of beef fillet or whole rump.
12 small onions
Salt
Fresh ground black pepper
3 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
200ml of maple syrup

Gravy:
2 tablespoons of plain flour
½ cup of dry white wine (use something that you would drink. A good excuse to open a bottle in fact)
1 cup of beef stock
Salt & fresh ground black pepper

1) Pre-heat oven to 120C – 150C. Put beef in a large baking dish with onions. Season with salt & pepper. Mix mustard with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Spread over beef, to coat well. Pour remaining syrup over onions. Cover with foil. Bake for 3 hours approx basting every hour. Ovens vary so always check beef whist cooking.
2) Gravy: Mix flour with 3 tablespoons of pan juices. Place in a pan over a low heat. Add wine & stock & stir until thickened. Season with salt & pepper.

:)

Karen
06-02-2005, 07:49 AM
I promised those at the Dog Park gathering I'd post this, so here it is for you AND them! I always make them for that gathring as they're "doggie safe" as well as people yummy!

Here it is - I usually make a double batch to have plenty to share, but this is the single batch recipe - how many it makes depends on what kind of cookie cutter you use! (I always use my bunny-shaped one in honor of Miss Hoppy)

Brown Sugar Bunnies:

Sift together:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon of salt

Set that aside.

Cream together (you can mix this all together by hand if you don't have a mixer):
2 sticks (1 cup) of butter, softened a bit works easiest
1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar (3 tablespoons = 1/8 cup)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom (or ginger, or clove - whatever you like!)

until well-mixed and "fluffy"

Add the dry ingredients to the wet, if you're using a mixer, set it at low speed.

If you want, add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Now, if you just want to make round cookies, you can form the dough into a "log" and refrigerate for two hours or so (or overnight, or whatever), then slice 1/3" inch thick ... or ...

Put the dough in a plastic bag, or between sheets of waxed paper and roll out 1/3" inch thick, refrigerate for two hours or so.

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F
Use ungreased cookie sheets (lined with foil or baking parchment if you want)

To make them "sparkly":
In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar or raw sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, when mixed dump it onto a plate.

Use cookie cutters or a knife to shape the cookies from the cold dough.
Using a spatula if they have delicate bits like tails, transfer the cookie shape over to the sugar mix, and press it down.

Then put it, sugar-side up on the cookie sheets. (Now is when you can draw on smiles and eyes, if you want!) You can put the cookies pretty close together, they don't spread much.

Bake for 40 minutes. Leave the cookies on the sheet to cool, or transfer to racks using a spatula - they're fairly breakable at this point.

PJ's Mom
06-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Mmm...I'm gonna have to start a recipe book. ;)