PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried about my little girl

mina'smomma
05-31-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm really worried about Mina. I notice the other night that sometimes Mina's breathing is kind of raspy. She isn't like this all the time, but just once in a while. She still eats like normal and drinks water and goes potty the same. Maybe I'm just being neurotic, but she is my baby girl and it scares me that she does this.

Any ideas????:(

catmandu
05-31-2005, 11:25 AM
I WOULD TAKE HER,INTO THE WHITE COATS,JUST TO BE,ON THE SAFE SIDE.DOES SHE PURRR,A LOT,AS THAT MIGHT,BE HER VERSION,OF THE PURRRRR!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos865.jpg

A MEEZER,AT ONE END,AN ORANGIE,AT THE OTHER,IT BAFFLES SCIENCE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos865.jpg

mina'smomma
05-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
[B]I WOULD TAKE HER,INTO THE WHITE COATS,JUST TO BE,ON THE SAFE SIDE.DOES SHE PURRR,A LOT,AS THAT MIGHT,BE HER VERSION,OF THE PURRRRR!

Actually Gary she does purr quite a bit, but her purrs always sound different.

kittycats_delight
05-31-2005, 11:45 AM
I just had my girls into the vet yesterday and they got a clean bill of health but my lilith sometimes does the same thing. it is usually while she is sleeping though. The vet said her heart and lungs sounded great so I shouldn't worry about it. I thought maybe she had a touch of asthma (SP?) But vet seems to think not. I wondered also if maybe she is dreaming and whatever she is dreaming about makes her do this. I really don't know. But mayeb your vet is the best bet. I know it turned out to be nothing with Lilith according to the vet. But better safe than sorry.

furrykidsmother
05-31-2005, 12:09 PM
If it continues or becomes more frequent it might not hurt to have her checked or at least maybe a call to the vet might reassure you.

jenluckenbach
05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
I just had foster Shilo in to the vet about this same sound. Nothing was found. vet said it might be a touch of allergy or asthma.

christa
05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
What do you mean by raspy? You can hear her breath? Like she has a stuffy nose? Or does she breath with her mouth open when she does it?

christa
05-31-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
...vet said it might be a touch of allergy or asthma.

That's what I was going to suggest . . . especially around this time of year.

kimlovescats
05-31-2005, 02:12 PM
I agree it could just be allergies! All of the rescues in this area are fighting the kitty colds / sneezes etc. right now! ;)

sandragonfly
05-31-2005, 06:05 PM
:( sorry this has gotten you worried.. I can't hear anything so I couldn't help..

any update? she's doing ok? hope just the pestering allergy.. :)

mina'smomma
05-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Lee Roy ran her to our vet today. You'll never guess what! She did it again for the vet and you know what it is. An inverse SNEEZE!!!!! LOL I'm so relieved. I've never heard of an inverse sneeze before, but the vet says its common in kitten who have clay litter or who live around a lot of dust.

Mina is fine and he even saw Kasie too. He gave a clean bill for both except he wants to weigh under eight lbs when she sees him in September.

jenluckenbach
06-01-2005, 04:43 AM
How interesting. Glad it is nothing.

momcat
06-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Of course you are! Has this just started or is it an ongoing thing? This may be nothing more than an allergy or maybe a little bit of a cold. Definitely sounds like a question for your vet. Hoping for the best. Please let us know what happens?