PDA

View Full Version : My vet passed away

moosmom
05-31-2005, 09:51 AM
I called Wyandotte Animal Hospital this morning to make an appointment for Parker and the receptionist answered the phone. She sounded like hell! I told her she sounded awful (meaning like she sounded sick). She said, "Yeah, I know. Doc died this morning". I was absolutely shocked.

Dr. Sturtevant was a sweet man (younger than me) who was having problems with what he THOUGHT was a bleeding ulcer. It turns out he had pancreatic cancer! :(:( They thought he was going to pull through. I've never seen him in a bad mood. He was always smiling and cracking jokes. Whenever I brought a new stray in, he just shook his head, laughed and said, "So, HOW many does this make it??" Then he gives me a break on the bill.

Linda, the receptionist, asked me if there was something I needed, or had a question. I was totally speechless and told her that it could definitely wait.

Man, this just seems like a bad dream or something!! Why do good people always have to die?? :(:(

LKPike
05-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Atleast he was a happy person, who had a happy life and didn't die in some terrible way [accient, murder, etc.].

Instead of looking at it negativly you should be thinking of all the critters at Rainbow Bridge who now have a special friend to kiss their booboos and make it all better :)

wolfsoul
05-31-2005, 10:10 AM
How terrible. :( My aunt died from pancreatic cancer last year. It's quite a horrible thing.

krazyaboutkatz
05-31-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your vets passing.:( He sure sounded like a very nice man. Please RIP Mr. Sturtevant.:(

ramanth
05-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Donna, I'm so sorry. :( :(

luvofallhorses
05-31-2005, 12:24 PM
I am so sorry :( My grandmother died of pancreatic cancer in 2003. It is really a horrible thing :(

furrykidsmother
05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh my!! I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I had been checking off and on to see about an update on Parker and now I know why there wasn't one. RIP Dr. Sturtevant. He was a good man, he will now preside over the RB making sure that all the animals are well and healthy and he will be well and healthy himself. I hope that you will find a new vet that you can like and trust as much as you did him.

davidpizzica
05-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Oh, Donna! {{{{HUGS}}}} I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. It sounded like he was a good and kindly vet. It's a shame to pass away at such an early age. Donna, you hang in there, young lady!

kimlovescats
05-31-2005, 02:50 PM
How very sad .... and now his staff is left to have to tell all of his clients!:( Rest in Peace good doctor!

cookieluver7
05-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
\ Why do good people always have to die?? :(:(

Because god is read to have him in heaven. I'm sure your vet is looking down on you right now and smiling. This is terrible news, but remember, he is in a better place. (((HUGS)))