PDA

View Full Version : Time to Die From Utter Embarassment

mina'smomma
05-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Ok so here is something to make everybody laugh. Last week I was inducted at the new Commander for our DAV Auxiliary. Well this morning I made my first public appearence. Well I was wearing a heavy white shirt and black pants and was standing in the sun for about 15 to 20 minutes and guess what happened......Yep that's right you've guessed it. Yours truely passes out cold in the middle of the freakin' ceremony. I was strapped to a body board with a collar around my neck and the whole nine yards. The only I didn't have to do was go to the hospital. They think I locked my knees when I was standing at attention and that mixed with the heat caused me to pass out.

Yeah Me:eek: :eek: :eek:

I am sooooo embarrassed.

Lady's Human
05-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Makes me long for the days of standing out in the July sun at FT Hood in Change of command ceremonies. Thankfully the last two of those I had to do I was a combat lifesaver and got to sit behind the formation to run up and pick people up off the parade field as they passed out, then stick an IV in their arm.

kimlovescats
05-31-2005, 01:02 AM
You poor thing. Drink plenty of fluids, get some rest and lots of kitty loves!!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

sandragonfly
05-31-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm not laughing... *muffmff* :eek: :o

poor. . .you! glad you're consicous enough to post about this. I'm sorry this embarrassment happens, at least it was not headlined. . . something.. I'm not starting! :eek: :D just remember you're not going to see them ever again...eh, is that correct?

is everything ok now? ((gentle sorry hugs))

Oggyflute
05-31-2005, 05:58 AM
Remember to do your toe exercises when standing at attention mate. :)

christa
05-31-2005, 06:49 AM
Poor you! That sounds horrible! I've never passed out but I've come close and it's not fun. :eek: I'm sure that everyone was more interested in how you were rather than making fun!

Hope you're feeling better now?

BitsyNaceyDog
05-31-2005, 06:50 AM
Oh my, you poor thing. I hope you're feeling better now.

(By the way, I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love your signature, it's so cute. I especially love that Mina is looking up at the bees.)

QueenScoopalot
05-31-2005, 07:27 AM
Yikes! Good thing you didn't crack open your coconut! :eek: :eek: I'd be mighty embarrased too, but I'm sure everyone was more concerned for your well being, than anything else. ;) Hope you're alright now. :)

ramanth
05-31-2005, 12:18 PM
You poor thing! I'm sure no one was laughing...no matter how embarressed you felt.

CountryWolf07
05-31-2005, 12:35 PM
It's not embarassing! Glad you're OK! I've never passed out, but I had a girl in class Sophmore year in high school who did the same thing - She locked her knees while standing on the table (art class, so she was posing) and she just went down and hit the table. That scared us, otherwise, she eventually woke up and she was okay but she had an headache after that..

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Oh Jeez...., how embarrassing....:eek: !

Don't worry, I did a similar thing ages ago. During my confirmation, I passed out in the middle of the ceremony too! I was 12 years old, wearing a long dress, and I stood there in front just behind the altar.... . Guess I couldn't handle the "church's perfume :rolleyes: ;)

cookieluver7
05-31-2005, 03:22 PM
You poor thing!! Are you alright now, I hope!! LOL we have all had embarrassing moments, don't sweat it!