PDA

View Full Version : It just gets harder...

catnapper
05-30-2005, 08:07 PM
I am *trying* not to bond with Flutter. Honestly. Really, I am. Yep.

So why is she in bed with me taking naps, reading, watching tv?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/bellyup.jpg

Belly scritchies anyone? Can you hear the purr?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/loviegirl.jpg

And this one kills me.... those EYES... sigh
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/thoseeyes.jpg

Oh dear God, I love this little girl!!!! I'll have her at least two more weeks til her vet appointment where we decide if she's large enough to handle the surgery to remove the stumpy leg... and then for however long it takes for her to recover. Thats at least a month of me having her and falling more deeply in love. She's not going to make it to an adoption event, is she?

The one thing that is keeping me from deciding "she's a keeper" is this:
We are NOT impressed with her meowmie
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/notimpressed.jpg

So, shall we start thinking of new names for her? I am thinking something that means "loving" since she's so darn loving. I also would like to keep the theme I seem to have developed -- Douyble letters in the middle of name (Allen, Harry, Abby) I know, I'm a dork! :D

rg_girlca
05-30-2005, 08:14 PM
She's not going to make it to an adoption event, is she?

Nope, nada, not in this lifetime....;)

Maybe call her Dolly, as she is such a doll.;)

She is a heartbreaker, that's for sure.

Craftlady
05-30-2005, 08:14 PM
She is a doll baby :)

catmandu
05-30-2005, 08:24 PM
KARINA,WOULD BE A FINE TRIBUTE,TO A LITTLE MOTHER CAT,WHO NEVER QUITE,MADE IT INTO THE FOUND CAT HOTEL.SHE WAS A WONDERFUL LITTLE MOTHER,AND WHEN THEY FOUND THAT SHE HAD FIP,AND COULD NO LONGER NURSE HER BABIES,IT BROKE HER HEART.I KNOW,TAHT THERE IS NOW,WAY,THAT YOU COULD GIVE,THAT LITTLE ONE UP,NO MORE,THAT I COULD PART,WITH SCRAPPY 2,OR POUNCETTE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture367.jpg

QueenScoopalot
05-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Lorraine you beat me to it! I was going to suggest Dolly lol! She is a doll face that's for sure. Hannah? Harry, Hannah, Allen, Abby...or does the extra letter at the end mess things up for you? Has to be only five letters, boubled in the middle right? :confused: :p

catnapper
05-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Has to be only five letters, boubled in the middle right? :confused: :p
Goodness... there's no rules to my naming them! :D Just something I like that hubby will agree to! I know he won't be calling her Dolly (his preferred name is Tripod :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

She DOES have a doll face - and gets prettier every day. I think she'll be a longer short haired cat. Does that make sense? Not quite a medium, but longer than the regular short coat.

I look at her and all my others... and I have to say, I do have a look. There's something about those tabbies with the big round eyes and white mouth that gets me (not to mention those white rimmed eyes!)

christa
05-30-2005, 09:39 PM
You're going to change her name??? I think that Flutter is PERFECT for her! ;)

kittycats_delight
05-30-2005, 09:39 PM
We all know she isn't going to make it to any adoption event not in this lifetime that is for sure. She is staying right where she is at "HOME" with her meowmie. As for a name....What about "Bella" Kim?

krazyaboutkatz
05-30-2005, 09:57 PM
She sure is a cutie pie. I also like the name Bella.:)

MULTICATMOM
05-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
We all know she isn't going to make it to any adoption event not in this lifetime that is for sure. She is staying right where she is at "HOME" with her meowmie. As for a name....What about "Bella" Kim?

I LOVE THAT NAME!! & I HAVE TO AGREE, THAT'D BE A BIG, FAT NO ADOPTION EVENT HAPPENING!! & WHO WOULD EVER SAY A WORD:D :D :D

kimlovescats
05-31-2005, 02:06 AM
I agree with Christa ... I love FLUTTER!!! Hey, it has double letters ... and it just fits her!!!

I know exactly how you feel .... it was all I could do, to take good pics and actually post them on Petfinder of all of my fosters!!!:rolleyes: Gosh it's so hard... especially when you cuddle them with little snotty noses and kiss them, and medicate them, and help them to feel better. *WAH!!!!!!*

I still don't have Fletcher on Petfinder (as seen in my siggy) but he has been the sickest of the bunch! I have put my adorable sweet Miss Black Bonnie in with him, instead of babying / bonding with him in my own bedroom anymore. It has helped him feel better a great deal, but I still melt when I look at him!:rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-31-2005, 03:16 AM
I love Fluffer too!! You can always make it "Fluffy" too :D
No no, Fluffy is no to-be-adopted-kitten, she is made FOR YOU!!!!

catnapper
05-31-2005, 06:32 AM
I see that nobody's talking me out of keeping her ;) As for the name change, I'd like to move Flutter to the middle name since she won't be fluttering after the surgery. There won't be a leg to flutter out :(

I was thinking Bella, haven't bounced that one off hubby. If so, it'd be Bella Flutter - but that sound odds.

I'll know the right name when it hits me. Keep the suggestions coming.

Why do I have to fall in love with every tabby that crosses my path?

QueenScoopalot
05-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Holly
Molly
Emmy
Emma
Jessie
Pebbles
Bonnie
Buttons
Calla Lily
and now I'm out of ideas again.....:D And I've got no intentions of talking you out of keeping her. :o ;)

catnapper
05-31-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Holly
Molly
Emmy
Emma
Jessie
Pebbles
Bonnie
Buttons
Calla Lily
and now I'm out of ideas again.....:D And I've got no intentions of talking you out of keeping her. :o ;)
Did you know that half of that list you happened to pick family names? These are all members that I lived in a house with for a time:
Molly = my dog growing up -- LOVE it
Emma = my uncle's withcy first wife
Jessie = my uncle & Cousin's names
Bonnie = my dog growing up
Calla Lily = Lillian was my grandmom's name. Friends called her Lil or Lily :)

QueenScoopalot
05-31-2005, 07:21 AM
Holly you put up every Christmas :D
Pebbles I'm sure you know how they hurt under bare feet:eek:
Buttons...you deal with them daily
ZIPPER! :D :confused: Yick...too masculine sounding:rolleyes:
I love Molly too! See all those name associations mean it was fate lol!:D

momcat
05-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi Catnapper! How could you not bond with little Flutter? She is definitely the poster kitty for cuteness overload! She looks so loveable in the pictures, I can only imagine what she's like live and in purrson. Adoption is NOT in her future because she's already home. Please give Flutter lots and lots of lovebug from me? As for a name, if she responds to Flutter, don't change it! The two T's are in keeping with the other names.....

kittycats_delight
05-31-2005, 11:39 AM
how bout

Sassy
Missy
Willow
Gemma
Nalla
Brooke
Lilly (double "l" to keep with the theme" :D)
Tessa

How bout checking out some web sites for cat names?

furrykidsmother
05-31-2005, 11:42 AM
There is no way that little girl is going to be given up for adoption. I like the name Flutter too, it seems to fit her.

jenluckenbach
05-31-2005, 12:07 PM
First of all Pouncer's look had me rolling in the aisles. LOL

Second of all, You are NOT keeping Flutter! (was I convincing enough? ;) )

Third... I like flutter and it fits the theme. And even if her leg doesn't flutter, your heart does, doesn't it?

OR

Results for 'bella'
Italian . English
bella ... catnip

Seems appropriate. ;)