PDA

View Full Version : gracie is sick!

lute
05-30-2005, 06:55 PM
i knew Gracie hasn't been feeling too good because she's had the "squirts" and just wanted to sleep all day. then just now she threw up the biggest pile i've ever seen. it was all the feed she ate this morning and possibly from last night. there was even the egg i put in her food for more protien.

she's sleeping in her crate now, but i'm worried about her.:( since she just threw up all the food in her belly should i hold off on food for a while or feed her so she has something in her belly?

i'm freaking out! my baby is sick!:(

Giselle
05-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Has she had the Big D for more than a few days? If so, I would schedule an appointment with the vet.

As for the food issue, you should withhold food for 24 hours, but ALWAYS leave a water source. You might even want to give her a little chicken broth to entice her to drink more. Your primary concern for now is to keep her hydrated. I would also give her two teaspoons of Pepto Bismol. Chances are she just ate something different and her stomach flora isn't used to it, but a visit with the vet wouldn't hurt. Better safe than sorry :)

KYS
05-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Sending Get well wishes for Gracie to be better.

Hugs

Glacier
05-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Chances are she was just being a puppy and ate something she shouldn't have. However, like Giselle said, it's vital to keep her hydrated. If she stops drinking or starts throwing up even after drinking, she needs to go to the vet immediately. Dehydration can kill any dog quickly & especially a puppy.

Hope she's fine soon.

chocolatepuppy
05-30-2005, 08:09 PM
I hope it's just an upset tummy and she's all better tomorrow.

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh, I hope Gracie feels better soon!:(

petslover
05-30-2005, 08:11 PM
I hope Gracie feels better soon.

elizabethann
05-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Please keep us posted on Gracie. I hope she's doing okay. She probably ate something the disagreed with her. Get well soon Gracie.

LKPike
05-30-2005, 08:43 PM
If she isnt drinking well she really needs to see a vet. She needs to go IMMEDIATLY if she has a fever, too.

We thought we could wait out Jillians fever, D, and vomit, after only 2 days we had a nearly dead puppy.

luvofallhorses
05-30-2005, 09:05 PM
I hope she is better, soon.

finn's mom
05-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Hopefully, it's just a temporary thing, I hope she gets better.

pet411
05-30-2005, 09:38 PM
I hope that gracie feels better soon!:(
I agree with the other poster,chicken broth will be easy on her stomach.

wolfsoul
05-31-2005, 12:30 AM
Poor Gracie! When you start to feed her again, add some canned pumpkin to her food. It will firm up her stools.

lute
05-31-2005, 01:49 AM
i've given Gracie some pepto, but she threw it up. she has thrown up about every half hour for 3 hours now. i called the vet and he said if she is still doing it in the morning to bring her in. i'm not going to get any sleep tonight. i can't sleep while my baby is hurtin.:( she's drinking plenty of water and whether she's still vomiting or not we're taking her to the vet in the morning.

bckrazy
05-31-2005, 02:12 AM
:( Get better soon Gracie!! I really hope its nothing, just an upset tummy...

sandragonfly
05-31-2005, 03:14 AM
yikes...don't scare us, gracie!

this sounds so bad than just a 'temporary tummy thingie'.. :( if it were me, I'd bring her to vet...period. she only has one heart.. I pray it's nothing serious and find out why, soon!

sorry gracie.. I'm hugging you, feel better for us!
*waiting to hear for the newest note..happy one, please! :)

Vette
05-31-2005, 03:16 AM
:eek:

All paws and fingers crossed that she gets better!

Oggyflute
05-31-2005, 05:52 AM
Get better soon Gracie.

anna_66
05-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Awww Gracie baby I'm sorry to hear your sick, I hope it's nothing to worry about.

Could it possibly be giardia? I know Roxey had this when she was younger and had the same symptoms. Sounds like you'll be going to the vet, please let us know how things are as soon as you can.

lute
05-31-2005, 11:33 AM
thanks for the wonderful thought ya'll. Gracie is doing better. she stopped vomiting late last night, and as a expected i got almost no sleep last night. she was sleeping, but i was worried.

Originally posted by anna_66
Could it possibly be giardia? I know Roxey had this when she was younger and had the same symptoms. Sounds like you'll be going to the vet, please let us know how things are as soon as you can.

it may be giardia. 2 of my freind's sibes have a mild case of it they picked up from a show.:( we were going to take her to one of the emergancy vets last night, but she stopped vomiting and seemed to feel a little better.

aly
05-31-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by lute
we were going to take her to one of the emergancy vets last night, but she stopped vomiting and seemed to feel a little better.

It probably wouldn't hurt to still take her to the vet for a fecal at least. That way you can find out for sure if its giardia, coccidia, worms, or might be something more serious.