PDA

View Full Version : Need gift ideas

catnapper
05-30-2005, 04:52 PM
My little nephew is going to be baptised in a few weeks. I'd like to get him a gift of some sort, but have no clue what is appropriate, or expected. My mom bought him a set of rosary beads (a little premature since he's not even crawling yet) and a savings bond.

It needs to be relatively inexpensive, about $20-$30. Any ideas?

PS: They are Catholic in case that makes a difference.

petslover
05-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Maybe a Bible with his name Engraved in it.

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 06:30 PM
ummmmm..

any statues (blue shoes/precious moment boy/a steel tinyteeny (his size) mug) with name, date of birth engraved? maybe those are not usable and not what you want..

not very catholic but.. grab light grey & light blue farbic (bandanas? or bandanas sizes) and sew them up into a little quilt.. you'll only need four bandanas for your little nephew.. I think it'd be so cute!

well, good luck on gift hunting! :)

catnapper
05-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks! My SIL has a huge collection of Precious Moments and I hadn't thought of perhaps adding one for his Christening! DUH on me! I wonder if there's one in my price range?

I also like the quilt idea... now if only I could make peace with the sewing machine long enough to make it!

I was thinking along the lines of one of those "My First Bible" type things for him. I was wondering if he'd be too young for somethign like that - of course my brother and his wife could put it aside for him for when he's old enough to be able to use it.

Keep the ideas coming!