PDA

View Full Version : Nala's paw is SWOLLEN.... :(

Kfamr
05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure what's going on with it. Last night we noticed her leg was bleeding. We're not sure how, but it was. It didn't phase her at all and she seemed completely fine. The bleeding stopped and she was fine. She has a small hole in her leg.

Now, just a few minutes ago I went and looked at them in the backyard and Nala's foot is swollen twice it's normal size.
The damned vets are closed today because of holiday.
It doesn't seem to be bothering her AT ALL but i'm making her lay down. If it doesn't get well soon i'm going to make my parents bring us to the emergency vets.

Please hope she is okay. Poor big girl. :(

lizbud
05-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Poor Nala baby.:( What happened to you sweetie?

I do hope you can keep her quiet. Why does stuff always happen when the Vets are closed? Get well soon Nala.

Toby's my baby
05-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Poor Nala :( I hope it gets better soon!

EVERY single time (not exagerating, EVERY) one of our animals gets hurt, if is on a Sunday or a holiday. :o

Hope it heals soon!

Kfamr
05-30-2005, 02:16 PM
She's laying down with my dad right now, and i've put an icepack on her paw.

It really isn't bothering her at all, from what I see.. I dunno if that's good or bad. I tickled her paw like I usually do and she pulled back like normal.

:confused:

CagneyDog
05-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Poor Nala :(

Thats really weird? I wonder what happened!

I hope it gets better soon.

Pam
05-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Sounds like maybe an insect bite or bee sting. Hope your big girl will be OK.

swimma253
05-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Aww poor Nala. Did she step on a thorn or something? Poor girl.

I hope its feeling better soon!

Carly

dukedogsmom
05-30-2005, 03:12 PM
I agree that it sounds like some kind of bite. It's good that she's acting normal, though. Hopefully it'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Cookiebaker
05-30-2005, 05:06 PM
Poor Nala! I hope her leg heals up really quickly! Let us know what happens! :(

CagneyDog
05-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Is it getting any better kay?

Kfamr
05-30-2005, 07:18 PM
It seems to have gone down quite a bit. It still looks a little bit swollen but surely not as bad as before. Hopefully it'll be fine now.

Thanks to the few of you that cared.

luvofallhorses
05-30-2005, 07:29 PM
I hope that she's better soon.

Glacier
05-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Glad to hear it's going down a bit. Do you have any Benadryl at home? If it is a bug bite, Benadryl will take the swelling down. I give it to Deuce, 50 mg twice a day--he has some kind of bite on his nose. Seems to be working. Deuce weighs about 55 pounds. Just make sure it's plain Benadryl--no added ingredients like pseudoephedrine.

KYS
05-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Glad to hear that the swelling on Nala's paw has gone
down.
Sending Hugs.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-30-2005, 09:05 PM
I think that it's probably a bite too. Putting an ice pack was probably the very best thing to do, good thinkin'. ;) Hugs and get well kisses to Nala Bala.:)

finn's mom
05-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Does she still look like she's improving?

Kfamr
05-30-2005, 09:33 PM
It doesn't look any differently than it was when I last posted. :( I'm hoping for it to improve over night. If not, first thing in the morning we're calling the vets. Kiara has to go in soon for a yearly, anyways.

finn's mom
05-30-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear it hasn't improved, but, glad that it hasn't worsened. That's always something to be thankful for. And, if she's not acting oddly or like she's not feeling well, that can be a really good thing, too. Keep us posted, though!

K9karen
05-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Sorry, Kay, I just saw your thread.
I hope Nala's ouchie is nothing serious and that she has a restful night.
One of my vets will regret the day he gave me his home number (when Cody was deathly ill) cause I'd never hesitate to call him. I know the waiting period until your vet opens is nerve wracking. My guess is that you're not going to sleep. I'll be thinking of Nala and awaiting good news!

Oggyflute
05-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Get better soon Nala.

LuckiLab03
05-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Awww... poor Nala! I don't know what her paw looks like but maybe it was some sort of bug that got her or something? Hopefully it's nothing big and her paw will get better soon! Keep it bandaged and ice it just in case though.. you're taking the right precautions!

Corinna
05-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Kay I just saw this thread . How is her paw now? Sounds like a bug bite to me too I would try Glaciers benadryil idea always wrked for Merlin and His spider bite.

luckies4me
05-31-2005, 12:23 AM
Poor girl. :( Did you look at her paw to make sure she doesn't have anything sharp stuck in it? Maybe there's a foxtail or something stuck between the pads of her toes. I sure hope she starts feeling better soon. :)

joycenalex
05-31-2005, 06:11 AM
poor girl. is she bearing weight on it or limping? let us know what the vet says/

ChrisH
05-31-2005, 06:19 AM
Kay, I just seen this, poor Nala. How is she today?

cloverfdx
05-31-2005, 07:07 AM
Aww poor Nala i was hoping it was nothing to serious when you posted about Cocoa's visit :(. Good thoughts and prayers on the way for a speedy recovery. And {{Hugs}} for you Kay.

Feel better soon Nala girl.

Daisy and Delilah
05-31-2005, 07:17 AM
Sweet Nala, please get better angel. Florida is so full of all kinds of buggies and irritants. Kay, how is she this morning? We're praying for you guys.

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

anna_66
05-31-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm just seeing this Kay, how is Nala doing this morning? Hopefully the swelling has went down and she's doing fine.
Please update when you can.

Hugs and Kisses to you Nala girl.

4 Dog Mother
05-31-2005, 07:34 AM
Now, Kay you know we all love you and your pups. If we did not respond it was either because we have not been home and on the sight or possibly because we did not have any help to offer. Carl and I have had sooo much yard work to do this weekend - we are putting in a different ornamental pond that I only went into the meeting part to see who posted pictures from Sunday. I am sorry that I could not offer any good wishes but I would have had I seen your post. I would agree with most that it sounds like a bug bite - but I think you have said you have roses in your yard so it could be a thorn or other puncture wound.

Please let us know what the vet says. We care about Nala!

BitsyNaceyDog
05-31-2005, 07:58 AM
I just saw this. How is Nala this morning? She probably got bit by something. My friend's black lab mix got bit by a snake on her face once and it swelled up pretty big. They took her to the vet and he gave her a shot to reduce the swelling. After that she was fine.

I hope you feel better soon, Nala.

countrycowgirl
05-31-2005, 10:30 AM
oh poor Nala I am so sorry that I am just now seeing this......does sound like a insect bite.... how is so doing today?

robinh
05-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Any news on your baby-girl?

My dial-up at home was having trouble over the weekend and I couldn't respond.

wolf_Q
05-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I haven't been online until today, didn't see this earlier....how is she doing now? Poor girl. :( Nebo's face swoll up huge when he was stung by a bee, but there wasn't any bleeding like that. Hope she's ok!

Ginger's Mom
05-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Just wondering how Nala is doing today. I hope her paw is better.

ramanth
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Big squishy hugs to Nala!! I hope her paw is okay.

Originally posted by Kfamr
Thanks to the few of you that cared.
FYI, some of us care but just don't have computer access outside of work. ;)

slleipnir
05-31-2005, 01:07 PM
I've been busy, I don't know about anyone else, but this is the first I've seen of this. It's definitly not that I don't care. Hope poor Nala's paw gets better really quick :( hugs and kisses to her

Kfamr
05-31-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry. I know there's a lot of you that care but I was very upset about this yesterday and was worrying my @$$ off.

It seems a lot better today - it doesn't look swollen at all, but it feels a bit swollen still. Kiara has a Vet Appointment on Thursday, if it isn't completely gone by then she's coming with us.

ramanth
05-31-2005, 02:22 PM
I totally get being upset and worrying. *HUGS*

Swelling going down sounds like a good sign. Hopefully it was just a bug bite.

More big squishy hugs to Nala!

beeniesmom
05-31-2005, 03:38 PM
:( I care too! I just saw this.
Is Nala any better?
Beenie got an ant bite on her eyelid last summer and it got very swollen. I hope Nala is better. ;)

Jods
05-31-2005, 04:56 PM
aww poor gurl. Hope she's better soon. Maybe its a bee sting. My RB dog had a swollen paw from a bee sting once. Either way I hope she gets well soon. Keep us updated.

sandragonfly
05-31-2005, 05:34 PM
I care but there was many threads out there and this just sat in between - :eek:

:o I'm late.. I think she should be ok! if she was my dog, I'd not try to worry this much because she eats, runs, plays fine! but I understand... :) let us know soon! ))hugs((

sammy101
05-31-2005, 05:52 PM
poor girl!I hope her paw is doing better today:( :)

RobiLee
05-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Thinkin about Nala. I hope the swelling is all gone and that she is doing fine now.

{{HUGS}}

anna_66
05-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Glad to hear it's doing better, I bet it was a bite or a sting or something.
More hugs and kisses for your sweet girl.

Bigyummydog
05-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Hope you feel better soon, NALA....:D

luvofallhorses
05-31-2005, 09:17 PM
I hope she's better soon! {{{hugs to your pretty girl}}}