PDA

View Full Version : my karakeets need a home!

lute
05-30-2005, 09:27 AM
my family is moving in 2 weeks and i'm staying at a friend's house to go do a couple more dog shows, show Gracie and welp a litter of puppies. i can't bring the keets with me and i can't send them up to IN with my parents because they will be so busy opening up their new tattoo shop and won't care for them. my only choice is to find them a new home(s).

if you are intrested in the keets, there are 3 blue and blue and white keets. 1 male, 2 females. their names are Picasso, Nipolion, and Kirby. they come with 2 cages, food and toys. two of them are handtame and will even let you pet them. the other one(a female) had a rough start in life and had permanently missing feathers on the side of her face, but after a while you don't notice it and it doesn't change how beautiful she is. she will probably never be tame. al the birds get along and i let them out of their cages 1-2 hours a day.

if anyone here wants them please tell me and i'll need to ask you some questions. i'd hate to see them go t someone i don't know.

jodi
05-30-2005, 11:14 AM
lute,
I wish I lived closer. Parakeets are one of my favorite birds. They are so comical and sweet.
Good luck in finding them a home.
Jodi

tikeyas_mom
05-30-2005, 03:36 PM
good luck finding homes for them :(

Giselle
05-30-2005, 04:34 PM
:( Are you sure you send these budgies off to your parents? It doesn't take much care- just make sure the water is there and feed them a few spoonfuls of seed each day. Temporarily, your parents don't need to let them out of the cage. How long is it until you re-join your parents? If it's only a few weeks, you know that isn't a very long time.

At any rate, I live in CA, but could probably take those guys in.

lute
05-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Giselle
:( Are you sure you send these budgies off to your parents? It doesn't take much care- just make sure the water is there and feed them a few spoonfuls of seed each day. Temporarily, your parents don't need to let them out of the cage. How long is it until you re-join your parents? If it's only a few weeks, you know that isn't a very long time.

At any rate, I live in CA, but could probably take those guys in.

i'll be re-joining my parents at the end of june or early july. it's only a few weeks, but my parents could care less and would be so busy with the new tattoo shop to give them the minimal care they would need until i came back. when i go to dogshows i have to set out extra fod and water because i kno no one will care for them. i HATE the option of having to give them up, but in this situation, it's the only option. i'm still trying to think of a friend that can keep them till i move up, but there really isn't anyone.

if you could take them that would be so awesome! i know they would be totally cared for, but you do live really far.:(

Uabassoon
05-30-2005, 06:43 PM
That's not very long at all. Have you asked all of your friends? Where are you staying now? Since it's such a short time is there anyway you could keep them with you. I understand that sometimes pets need to be rehomed. But I think it would be sad to rehome them just because you won't be around for 4 weeks.

lute
05-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
That's not very long at all. Have you asked all of your friends? Where are you staying now? Since it's such a short time is there anyway you could keep them with you. I understand that sometimes pets need to be rehomed. But I think it would be sad to rehome them just because you won't be around for 4 weeks.

i'm still with my parents now, but when they leave i'm staying with my friend i go to dog shows with. i can't keep the birds with me because she has 24 siberians and 3 cats. i can't exactly close them off in a room either, they don't really have any spare room for them. trust me, if i could keep them i would! it's really hard just thinking of having to rehome them.:( i'm pretty much sure i've tried all my friends. i don't have many down here because we havn't lived down here long, and most of my friends have a hard time careing for themselves.

Kfamr
05-30-2005, 07:11 PM
It's rather upsetting to see someone rehome a pet just so they can go to dog shows. :(

Board them.

lute
05-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
It's rather upsetting to see someone rehome a pet just so they can go to dog shows. :(

Board them.
i'm not re-homing them so i can go to dog shows! even if i wasn't going to dog shows i'm not going up to IN untill the end of June or early July. i have other business to finish before i can move up there.

jackie
06-01-2005, 05:49 AM
If she doesn't think she has the time then she should rehome them, its much better than having animals neglected.

Karen
06-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Hey - check if there's alocal pet store who would board them for you while you are away! They could sit in the shop with a "just visiting" sign, or even a "sold" sign, but they'd get food, water and interaction with people! Our local pet store sometimes does this. Also check with your vet.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Hey - check if there's alocal pet store who would board them for you while you are away! They could sit in the shop with a "just visiting" sign, or even a "sold" sign, but they'd get food, water and interaction with people! Our local pet store sometimes does this. Also check with your vet.

Most pet shops (or at least better pet shops) wouldn't do that because her birds could have an illness which could infect their birds (even if you know they don't have an illness, a pet shop wouldn't want to chance it). I'd find either a pet boarding facility that takes birds (which you will run the risk of other boarding birds being sick, but probably not likely), or I'd find another friend who can watch them for you for a few weeks.

wolfsoul
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Hey - check if there's alocal pet store who would board them for you while you are away! They could sit in the shop with a "just visiting" sign, or even a "sold" sign, but they'd get food, water and interaction with people! Our local pet store sometimes does this.
There's a pet store here that does this, and they take really good care of the birds. People are also allowed to go back and talk to the birds.

I'd see if there are any petshops in your area that do this, or maybe there is a petsitter in your area. It's really not too long a time. I'm sure it won't cost too much to get someone to look after them.

lute
06-01-2005, 04:23 PM
i called all the petstores and they said they couldn't watch them. i also called around to some boarding places and none of them take birds. i caled some vets and they want $15-$25 a day and i dont have that kind of money for that right now.:(

thanks for al the advice!:)

Giselle
06-01-2005, 08:02 PM
You know, we were actually looking for a cobalt English hen to breed with our flock. I wouldn't breed your birds, that's for sure, but you know if you lived closer....

As for the pet store boarding, actually, all pet stores have a quarantine area. I would expect Lute's birds to be held in the quarantine area, not out in the front with the other birds.

lute
06-01-2005, 09:14 PM
i really wish i did live closer! i would love for you to take them!

Gracie's breeder has 2 cockatoos and she's going to ask her husband tonight if they can take care of them while i'm away.:) i may actually get to keep my babies after all!

k9krazee
06-02-2005, 06:06 PM
What good news!! I really hope you don't have to give these guys up...Good luck!!!!

lute
06-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Gracie's breeder is going to keep them for me until i move!!! i was sooooo worried that i was going to have three chunks of my heart taken away!:(