PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-29-2005, 08:38 PM
I've noticed that everytime CJ does something that Tubby used to do (meow at the back door for example) or if he sleeps in a place that Tubby used to sleep (Tubby's carpet condom for example), it just makes me so happy I want to cry. I just want to pick him up and smooch him all over and tell him how much I love him and how happy I am that he is happy here.

Why is this feeling so overwhelming when he "does a Tubby?" Is this normal after loosing a beloved cat and getting another one?

He is just such a little cutie pie, snotty boy. He seems to have settled in even more since our trip. I think he really knows now that this is home, and that just makes me so happy.

Well....I gotta go. There's little orangie boy laying on the couch that I just need to snuggle with right now. :)

christa
05-29-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure *why* this makes you so happy . . . but I'm glad it does! You'll always have a place in your heart for Tubby, no question about that, but there's nothing wrong with you being happy that CJ is at the very least helping to heal your broken heart! :)

I like that expression . . . "doing a Tubby" . . . for one thing, CJ's not gonna let you forget anything about Tubby, cause he'll always be reminding you of things by "doing a Tubby"!!! ;)

I'm so glad that CJ is settling in so well! He is such a cutie!

How is Miss Peanut doing with him now? Are they getting any closer?

kimlovescats
05-29-2005, 08:44 PM
The same reason I do the same when one of mine reminds me of my Tucker. It's a sweet memory, and you feel like you still have a bit of Tubby.;)

rg_girlca
05-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Yes, it is more than normal. I believe that Tubby's Spirit is in CJ.

How else would he know the tricks of the trade to make you so happy.:D

catmandu
05-30-2005, 12:59 PM
I FELT,THE WAY,WHEN MOOSE DID THE SAME THINGS,OR WHEN MEEZER SAM,JUMPS,ON MY CHEST,JUST THE WAY MR SCRAPPY DID,SOMETHING,THAT HE DID NOT START,UNTIL I BROUGHT,THAT EMPTY CARRIER HOME.THERE WILL ALWAYS,BE A BIT,OF TUBBY,OR MR SCRAPPY,IN ALL,OF OUR CATS,THE ESSENCE,OF THEM,BEING CATS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture367.jpg

furrykidsmother
05-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Sounds like Tubby has been communicating with CJ. I am glad that you have such a wonderful feeling when he does things to remind you of Tubby! He will always be with you.

Laura's Babies
05-30-2005, 01:06 PM
As long as you have reminders from CJ, you will never forget Tubby and that gives you a warm cozy feeling. Who's to say those things are not Tubbys way of letting you know he is still around. Could be Tubby's way of giving you his approval that you have taken in another that needed a forever home. There are so many out in the world that need a great home and what better reccomendation than one from a angel that this is the one YOU need and the one that needs YOU!?

I feel that each of mine were sent to me by angels of my former fur kids.

jenluckenbach
05-30-2005, 02:18 PM
It is perfectly normal. My foster Shilo love bites me on the nose like only my sweet RB Y.Lee ever did and it makes me simply melt.

I am glad that Cracker Jack has brought happiness back to your heart.

moosmom
05-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Debbie,

I'm glad that CJ has settled in. Why does it make you happy when he "does a Tubby"?? Well, maybe it's because you have such wonderful memories of Tubby. And MAYBE because there might just be a little of Tubby in CJ. For whatever reason, enjoy him and know that you make him as happy as he is making you!

((((hugs))))))

Donna

ramanth
05-31-2005, 02:08 PM
It's all those wonderful memories coming back. If Zam or Logan do anything that my RB Sable, Nike, or Chance did, the tears well up from the fond memories.