PDA

View Full Version : An update on Cody (tatsxxx11's dog)

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that Sandra (tatsxxx11) has been going through some tough times right now and hasn't been on as often for various reasons. She is fine herself as the rest of the crew, but Cody hasn't been doing so good.:( The poor girl went through quite a tough time in the last month or so, so please keep her in your prayers and thoughts!:( Here's what Sandra said:

It's been a horrifying 2 weeks here. Cody became suddely very ill late one night, stumbling, walking into walls, pacing and panting. She just came from the hospital, a week in intensive care, recovering from septic shock, an almost always fatal system wide bacterial infection. I was there with her every day as she wouldn't eat without me there hand feeding her. Thank goodness she survived thanks to the wonderful care she received. She's finally starting to act more herself now, wagging her tail, sleeping well, enjoying being outside. Please keep her in your prayers!

*edit* Cody has passed on to the RB!:( See the rest of the thread for details.:(

luvofallhorses
05-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I am so sorry, Sandra. :( I will keep you and Cody in my thoughts and prayers. {{{hugs}}}

CagneyDog
05-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh no :( How horrible.

Prayers on the way.

Bigyummydog
05-29-2005, 07:06 PM
All our thoughts are with you. Glad to know you're feeling better.
Furry hugs and soggy kisses are on their way.....:) :) :)

Ginger's Mom
05-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Thank you for posting that Buddy Blaze Lover. I have certainly missed Sandra, and had no idea she and Cody were going through rough times. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

sammy101
05-29-2005, 07:07 PM
oh Sandra:( How horrible.I hope Cody gets better soon:(
Thoughts and prayers ho out to you and Cody:(

{{{{Hugs}}}}

*LabLoverKEB*
05-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Sandra, I just wanted to let you know that you and you sweet Cody girl will be in my prayers. ;) I hope your big girl gets well soon. Give those sweet beautiful girls a big hug and tummy rubs for me, ok Sandra? Love ya!

dukedogsmom
05-29-2005, 07:28 PM
I've talked to her about Cody, too. I wish she felt like coming here more. I miss her. I hope Cody is doing better now.

Vette
05-29-2005, 07:41 PM
I was wondering where shes been. i thought i missed a thread she started somewhere. :(

sending best of wishes and all paws and fingers crossed that her furred one stays better. and sending more huggies too!

cookieluver7
05-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh my, I am so very sorry to hear this.:( It's terrible. Cody and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.:(:(

GET WELL SOON CODY!:(

chocolatepuppy
05-29-2005, 08:23 PM
I hope things go well for both Sandra and Cody. You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers.

swimma253
05-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Oh No! :( Get better soon Cody! :)

You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Carly

chrissycat21
05-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Get better soon Cody!

She'll be in my thoughts. :(

Daisy and Delilah
05-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Sandra, My thoughts and prayers are with you and Cody. I am so hoping that everything will be ok for both of you. You are such a wonderful, caring person and we miss you. Get well wishes to both of you. Please give Cody kisses from all of us here.

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

cyber-sibes
05-29-2005, 09:12 PM
More prayers from us, too, dear Cody -- "Heal!"

captain
05-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Sandra,

{{{hugs}}} to you and Cody ........... BBL, thanks for letting us know.

Love
Michelle

shais_mom
05-29-2005, 11:03 PM
aaawwww
poor things

petslover
05-29-2005, 11:07 PM
I really hope that Cody gets feeling better.

KYS
05-29-2005, 11:58 PM
I noticed Sandra wasn't posting.
Thank you so much for letting us know why.
I am sending so many prayers and hugs for her and Dear
sweet Cody to get 100% well.

I, Sheba and Rocky all send our love.
Cody will be in our prayers and our heart.

Oggyflute
05-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to Cody, Sandra.

wolfsoul
05-30-2005, 01:45 AM
I certainly hope that Cody gets better. Please keep us updated Sandra. I hate seeing you away from PT. :(

Dixieland Dancer
05-30-2005, 06:02 AM
Sandra and Cody will be in our thoughts and prayers also. Thanks for letting us know the situation so we can get the prayer chain moving on Cody's behalf.

RobiLee
05-30-2005, 06:19 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this. I miss Sandra and think of her often.

Lots of hugs and prayers for Sandra, Cody and the entire family.

cloverfdx
05-30-2005, 06:48 AM
Good thoughts and prayers on the way for a speedy recovery. And lots of {{Hugs}} for you Sandra.

LorraineO
05-30-2005, 07:09 AM
oh my,,, poor cody,,, I am so glad you got him to the vets in time,,,,,,, hang in there cody,, get better soon!

Sudilar
05-30-2005, 07:52 AM
OMG, I had no idea!!!! I will immediately light a candle for Cutie Cody! How scary that must have been for you, Sandra. I am so very glad that Cody is feeling better now. Big hugs going out to you and Cutie Cody.

K9soul
05-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Katie, that was so very thoughtful of you to post this for Sandra, I know how deeply moved she would be to see everyone's prayers and concerns for her Cody girl. The last couple weeks especially have been her worst nightmare, having one thing after another to deal with. I honestly do not know how in the world she manages to keep her sanity after everything that has gone on since January.

I would like to add, and ask that people especially keep Cody in their prayers diligently, because on top of this near brush with death, Sandra learned that the tumor in Cody that was operated on a year ago has doubled in size in the past year, and the vet was unable to give her a prognosis as far as how long dear Cody has to spend with her beloved family. The tumor is of course inoperable, so I feel it is especially important that we pray all we can that Cody is given as much time as possible with her family who loves her so dearly.

Please God, let our dear Cody stay with us as long as possible. Her family needs her more than ever right now. It was perhaps a miracle that she lived through the septic shock, and we hope with all our hearts that more miracles are in store for this beautiful furry angel on earth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/cody1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/cody3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/cody2.jpg

chocolatepuppy
05-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Jessica, thanks for posting this news about Cody and the pictures of her. She is beautiful. It is so sad to hear she is not well. :( I will keep both Cody and Sandra in my thoughts and prayers, hopefully Cody will be with Sandra for along time to come.

Ginger's Mom
05-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks for posting the pictures of Cody, Jess. What a beautiful dog. We will continue to pray for him and Sandra.

Randi
05-30-2005, 08:35 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Cody is not well. :( Sandra, I do hope you can keep her a long time yet, she is a gorgeous girl and I know you love her to pieces.

I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts to her - and to you. :) Fister and I will keep all paws and fingers crossed.

ChrisH
05-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by K9soul
Please God, let our dear Cody stay with us as long as possible. Her family needs her more than ever right now. It was perhaps a miracle that she lived through the septic shock, and we hope with all our hearts that more miracles are in store for this beautiful furry angel on earth.

Amen.

Thanks Jess, and Katie too.

Sandra, your beautiful girl and you in my thoughts and prayers.
{{hugs}}
Chris

Rachel
05-30-2005, 09:14 AM
If only we could reach out though the computer to kiss and hug the sweetest Cody girl. The fact that she has survived this tumor for such a length of time is testament to her strong will and love of life. I know she loves her whole family and will do whatever she can to remain with them. And Cody can't help but know how loved she is in return. There can be no one more concerned and willing to go the extra mile than her very own Mommy, Sandra.

Stay strong Cody. Stay strong Sandra. Know that our hearts and prayers are with you both.

Albea
05-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Oh, Sandra, I'm so very sorry to read about sweet Cody's health problems.
Prayers and healing thoughts are going your way for Cody's recovery and many more years with you.
Carina and I send you many hugs, dear friend.

fritz03
05-30-2005, 09:55 AM
You get well soon Cody.Fritz and I(Barry) are thinking about you.

ParNone
05-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Positive thoughts and prayers headed Cody's way.
thanks for posting the pics jess. I just love that smiling face. Sending a big ole kiss on that adorable husky muzzle too to get well soon.

Par...

anna_66
05-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I had no idea about Cody. I'm so sorry to hear about and I'm so hoping that she is feeling better now.
I'll be keeping that dear sweet girl of yours in my prayers Sandra.
{{{HUGS}}}
Anna

momoffuzzyfaces
05-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Sandra, you know you and your pets are always in my prayers and heart. Stay strong and give sweet Cody a kiss and hug from me.

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 12:36 PM
oh no.. :( :(

it's very sad to hear it's happening to one of our dear friends! sandra, I'm so sorry you had go through this scary times but I'm glad this sweet, exqusitive white husky is getting better, sandra!!

since you did not come on and ask us for our prayers earlier, we owe you many more prayers to put God's healing kisses on your dear cody! you and cody will be in my thoughts, many hugs!!

gina & her ark :)

ps; HOPPY BELATEE BIRDAY, OUR DEAR SANDRA!!

lizbud
05-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Sandra,

I am so sorry to hear of Cody's health problems. I do hope
she feels better and is able to live a good long life with her family.
I will pray for her and for you too. Hugs to Cody,Star & you too.

luvofallhorses
05-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Cody is beautiful. My heart goes out to you, Sandra and Cody and your family. Please, please get well soon, Cody. {{{hugs}}}

momoffuzzyfaces
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
SAD UPDATE

I just got an email from Sandra, Cody has passed onto the Rainbow bridge. Oh, Please Please pray for them. Sandra has lost so much this year.

Oh, Cody, my sweet pal. You will be so missed!
Your Mom and Dad loved you so much. Rest my sweet pal. Be well.

Sandra, my heart is breaking for you. I'm hear whenever you need me.:(

lizbud
05-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
SAD UPDATE

I just got an email from Sandra, Cody has passed onto the Rainbow bridge. Oh, Please Please pray for them. Sandra has lost so much this year.

Sandra, my heart is breaking for you.

:( :( :( I am so very sorry. Liz.

Freckles
05-30-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm so sorry.:(
Try to remember the good times.

K9soul
05-30-2005, 02:05 PM
I just checked my e-mail and got the message. I'll have to have more time to find words to express.. I just can't right now.

I guess right now I can only express that if there were ever a loss that hit me as if it were one of my own, it is this one.

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 02:20 PM
:eek: what???? no!! :confused:

I'm with k9soul...so speechless. :( :( oh my gosh... all I want to do is hug you, sandra!!

SO SORRY... :( *watery eyes*

wolfsoul
05-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh how terribly sad. :( I'm so sorry Sandra. I will be thinking of you. Cody had a good life and is without pain now. You are truly loved on PT and I hope you can start posting again soon -- we all love you and miss Cody.

robinh
05-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Oh my, I am so sorry! Another sweet soul passed. :(

luvofallhorses
05-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
SAD UPDATE

Sandra, my heart is breaking for you. I'm hear whenever you need me.:(

Oh no, I am so sorry :( {{{{hugs}}}}} You and your family are in my prayers :(

captain
05-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Sandra,

You are one of the sweetest, and kindest people I know on PT, and my heart is breaking for you.

{{{{hugs}}} to you during the difficult time.

Cody, darling, play happily at the RB, and watch over your mummy .....

Love Michelle

carole
05-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Dearest Sandra , I am so very sorry and sad to hear about your darling precious Cody, know that my thoughts are with you at this very sad time, and I know nothing will ease the pain of your loss, but I hope knowing we all love and care for you will bring you a little comfort, HUGS sweetie.

flamepony12
05-30-2005, 06:29 PM
I am so sorry Sandra. :( How heartbreaking. :( Rest in Peace, Cody. :(

gini
05-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Dear Sandra,

Oh, how I wish that I could take away your pain. So much suffering, so much loss - more than the soul can take.

What a beautiful and magnificent friend. I really am at a loss for the right words to extend to you.

You cannot imagine how much I understand.............loving a dear pet and being so loved in return is a true gift.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh no Sandra!! Cody has passed on??:( This is almost too much!!:(:(:( I am SO very sorry!! RIP dear Cody!!:(

primabella
05-30-2005, 08:36 PM
:( I cannot even find the words... I am so very sorry Sandra. I'll be praying for you. *huuuugssss*

RIP Cody.

Rachel
05-30-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

Author Unknown

*LabLoverKEB*
05-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Beautiful poem, Rachel.....

Dearest Sandra, I am sooooo sorry to hear about you dear sweetheart cody girl. This is such a shock. What a horrible, horrible shame. May Cody Rest In Peace. Love you, Sandra. I'm hear if you need someone to lean on.....

LuckiLab03
05-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Sandra I am so sorry :( How heartbreaking to lose your sweet girl :( I remember exactly what you told me when I lost my girl, Brooke..

I hope you can take a bit of comfort in knowing that your beloved [Cody] left this earth knowing she was the most loved and cherished doggie on earth and will never, ever be forgotten.

Rest in peace, Cody..

K9karen
05-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Sandra, I just got home and found your email. I wish I could wrap my arms around you, dear friend, and take all your hurt away. My heart aches for you. I'll be thinking of you, Junji and Star. {Hugs}

Cinder & Smoke
05-31-2005, 01:29 AM
:(

Dear Sandra ~

I offer my deepest sympathy to you ...

And when you look up towards Heaven ...
That New Star *Twinkling* is Your Cody ~
letting you know she's now watching out
for you and Sister Star.

Rest In Eternal Peace, Dear Cody.

{{{Hugs}}}, Sandra.

/s/ :( Phred

cloverfdx
05-31-2005, 06:31 AM
Oh my goodness what a shock :(. Dear Sandra i am so very sorry, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

{{Hugs}} Love Rhiannon and furkids.

Sudilar
05-31-2005, 10:32 AM
I saw the notice in Memorials. I am so very very sorry for your great loss. My heart is breaking with you. I know how you feel. Take comfort in knowing that Cody had the best life ever with you. She has reached many hearts and made them smile (even across the world)!!! This world is a better place for having known your Cutie Cody through your eyes. We all love you, Sandra, and Star Shine, too.
Huge hugs coming your way.
Love,
Sue and Shiloh

K9soul
06-02-2005, 08:47 PM
I got a message from Sandra tonight and she wanted me to express to you all how very much your words have meant to her. She hasn't been able to go to Dog Memorial yet, but has read some of your messages here and in General. She plans to read the memorials perhaps tomorrow.

Please, please let everyone know how truly grateful I am to them all for showing such respect and love for my baby girl. I'm at a loss right now as to what to say to them all.

She said Cody took a downhill turn suddenly, got extremely ill, and within hours was gone. :( :(

Logan
06-02-2005, 10:02 PM

No rush, my friend. We love you and will wait until you are ready to talk.

Logan

K9karen
06-02-2005, 11:06 PM
I love you, Toots.

Sudilar
06-03-2005, 08:30 AM
When you are ready, we are always here for you....always.

Hugs and wags,
Love,
Sue and Shiloh

Dixieland Dancer
06-03-2005, 08:48 AM
You are in my prayers and thoughts, Sandra. When your ready to read our words of love and sympathy, I hope you find them comforting and theraputic. You are loved by all who are part of the Pet Talk family!

KYS
06-03-2005, 08:57 AM
We love you Sandra!

(((Karen, Sheba and ROcky)))

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh, we love you lots too Sandra!! Don't feel rushed, but we'll be happy when you return!:) ((HUGS))

~Katie and Blazer;)

RobiLee
06-03-2005, 04:55 PM
We are always thinking of you with lots of love, Sandra. The girls and I have missed you so much. We are all here for you whenever you are ready to come back. Please take care of yourself.

Lots of love and tailwags....Robin, Katie and Tori