PDA

View Full Version : My Virginia Grandpets

Laura's Babies
05-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes, Eddie too has pets in his household. I wasn't able to get a picture of Mischief, a orangie feline that Regina told me was very skiddish of humans and not friendly at all and only allowed brief pettings before she would turn and bite... Well, she and I made friends today and I am PROUDLY wearing orange furr on my shirt from where she got up in my lap and allowed me to pet her. She seemed impressed that she had a Maw-Maw from Louisiana and therefore, ready to meet me. She wasn't showing herself the day I was here with my camera so I didn't get pictures of her.

Armadues however, allowed me to pet and hold him, as well as hang around for pictures. He seemed to know just how beautiful he really is and wanted all of his Maw-Maw's PT friends to see his handsome self.. He is a kitty rescued and adopted from a shelter and about 5 years old. Such a handsome fella too!!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/Grandgina/Amadeus2.jpg

And I introduce you to Lizzy... (my grandlizzard I call her) She is about a yard long and a lot bigger than I ever thought they got. Isn't she pretty too?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/Grandgina/Lizzie2.jpg

furrykidsmother
05-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Where that orange furr proudly!! Armadeus is a beautiful boy and Lizzy is a cutie too! I didn't realize that lizards got that big, WOW!!

QueenScoopalot
05-29-2005, 11:01 AM
What a handsome kitty boy...and yes, he seems to know that lol! And the Lizzy Iggy is lovely too. Carmen iguana is a big girl (I measured her once, but forget how long she is) and also very long! Wish you got pics of skitty kitty Mischief. :) I'm so happy you were able to make friends with the grandfurkids. :D

momcat
05-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Hey Laura! Congratulations on being a Grandmeowmie! The pictures are beautiful, though I'm not sure of the correct term for the lizzard. Somehow animals know who they can trust. With Eddie being in the hospital, these little guys are going to need someone to love them, care for them, and reassure them. Pets know when things aren't as they should be. As you give them comfort, take comfort from them. They're another bond you have with Eddie. Wear your orange fur proudly and well.....

catmandu
05-29-2005, 03:49 PM
WHEN MY MOTHER ASKED ME ABOUT GRAND CHILDREN,I SENT HER A PICTURE,OF POUNCER,AND MR SCRAPPY,AND SHE LAUGHED.YOU HAVE A MARVELLOUS GRAND KITTY,AND GRAND LIZZARD,TOO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture385.jpg

kimlovescats
05-29-2005, 04:47 PM
What a beautiful FUZZBUTT kitty!!!:eek: :D Blow kisses underneath the furniture to the orangie for me too!;)

That is one pretty lizzie too!;)

Glad to see you enjoying some "home time" and getting some pet love again!

Hugs,
Kim;)

rg_girlca
05-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Armadues is absolutely gorgeous and Lizzy is such a pretty girl.

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 03:21 AM
:eek: lizzy is one of most gorgeous creatures I've seen! I really want to borrow her, can I? :D

mischef...I know that feeling...! don't you love when they could tell you're a 'cat' too and love you right away! ..instinctly.

(sorry this is off a note... hey, I'm a little bit lost, I'd love to hear the latest updates about your dear eddie (and you too!), is there a new updated thread of him I missed somewhere? meanwhile, hope all is better for you, my friend!!)

hugs & hugs
..me :)

Laura's Babies
05-30-2005, 09:10 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78430&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

Gina, I have been keeping this thread going rather than starting several of them. Scroll down on the first page and there is a link to our family web sight and the "Smiths" page where I try to do daily updates..

I could tell all of you, I would have to be in a pile of kitties (like on Catmandu's piles) for several days to get my fix of kitties. I miss my babies SO darn bad!!!

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 11:10 AM
allright, thanks laura! ..phew. :)

I'll go check that thread as soon as I can. hey, I know how dearly you miss your babies!! don't you have pictures of them with you? I know that doesn't help that much!! but hope you'll be home very soon!! :) hugs,

me

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 11:13 AM
I swear I love lizzy!! :D
do you know how old she is?