PDA

View Full Version : Iron Dogs camp in Georgia next May!

finn's mom
05-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Hey, everyone. I was just searching for stuff online, and, ran across this site.

http://www.iron-dogs.com/index.asp

There's a camp in Kerrville, Texas, that I might try to go to, but, it's in October. Not sure if that's enough time for me to get there. :) But, there's one in Georgia next May that I am going to go to. Here is some information on the camp.....It would be really cool if several of us could go to the camp from Pet Talk!

"Blue Ridge Mountains
Cleveland, Georgia

5/12/2006 - 5/14/2006 One of our most beautiful and complete camps. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northern Georgia, the Georgia camp is a favorite to many of the Iron Dogs Staff. From morning sunrise hikes to the awesome dog sports instructors to the incredible camp food being served in the huge dining facility, this Iron Dogs Camp is the best thing you can do for you and your dog."

"The Iron Dogs Training Camp is a multi-sport dog camp where novices and experts alike can learn from some of the best instructors in their sports. There will be established sports like Flyball, Agility, and Disc Dogs. Along with some of the fastest growing new sports like Musical Canine Freestyle. Plus lots of fun games and events that will fill out the entire weekend. ALL (7) MEALS AND LODGING ARE INCLUDED! This complete package for only $249 for a limited time! "

"The camp will be held near Cleveland, GA on 200 majestic acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains, 80 miles north of Atlanta. The camp will have beautiful hiking trails, a wonderful clear lake for dock diving, and lots of beautiful flat fields for the training! Campers will be in group dorms with their dogs (dogs will be kenneled at night). "

"The camp will be on the weekend of 5/12/2006 to 5/14/2006. Camp will start with lunch on Friday at noon. Camp will end with awards and special recognitions on Sunday during lunch at noon. The hours of the camp will likely be Friday: 12:00pm - dusk, Saturday: dawn - dusk, Sunday: 8:00AM - 1:00PM"

I haven't registered or anything, but, I'm probably going to. Just thought I'd mention it in here!

wolfsoul
05-31-2005, 01:09 PM
Sounds fun! I'll definatly see if I can do that next year. :)

finn's mom
05-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Sounds fun! I'll definatly see if I can do that next year. :)

They have them in several camps, but, that's the one that sounds most feasible for me. :) It would only be a three or four hour drive. If I'm still in South Carolina, that is. ;) The Texas one in November would be great, too, but, I doubt I could afford that so soon. I'll definitely bookmark that site, though, the camp sounds awesome. It'd be a great way to try different sports to see what Finn likes the most. :) He's catching his frisbee now, about two times out of ten. But, that's something! :)

bckrazy
06-01-2005, 02:56 AM
OMG!! Lucky! :) I've wanted to go to Iron Dogs Camp for years... there is one in Cali...

I'm sure Finn and you will LOVE it! ^_^

finn's mom
06-01-2005, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by bckrazy
OMG!! Lucky! :) I've wanted to go to Iron Dogs Camp for years... there is one in Cali...

I'm sure Finn and you will LOVE it! ^_^

I'm sure we will have a blast, if we can do it! That's not a little bit of money, but, it would for sure be worth it. :) I could probably even do a little bit of networking. (since I'm in insurance now) I'm putting aside an envelope to start saving the money!

jennifert9
06-01-2005, 07:19 AM
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! I would like to go but I don't know how Duncan would do....he is very over protective of me and hasn't well doing well with other dogs lately. :( Besides, I don't know if I could sleep at night without Duncan in my bed!! ;)

finn's mom
06-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! I would like to go but I don't know how Duncan would do....he is very over protective of me and hasn't well doing well with other dogs lately. :( Besides, I don't know if I could sleep at night without Duncan in my bed!! ;)

Well, there are plenty of things you could do with just you two and one trainer! If you're interested in any of the sports or anything. Finn would probably do well at anything, I'M the one who needs the training! :) And, I know what you mean about the bed thing, but, I've actually been trying to decide if I want Finn to start sleeping on the floor anyway. Even though I love having him on the bed! Argh, what a dilemma!

wolfsoul
06-01-2005, 01:56 PM
I just looked at the site and there's a Superdogs training camp in Ontario! I hope that it's there next year too. I'd LOVE to take my catahoula!

finn's mom
06-01-2005, 02:06 PM
I just looked at the site and there's a Superdogs training camp in Ontario! I hope that it's there next year too. I'd LOVE to take my catahoula!

Oh, that WOULD be cool! :) When is it going to be there?

wolfsoul
06-01-2005, 02:17 PM
In September, so no go for me.

How can you tell when they are going to do it again? I'm looking at the one in Seattle because it's closest to me, but I can't go next April. Is there some way I can tell when they are going to be open again?

finn's mom
06-01-2005, 05:34 PM
In September, so no go for me.

How can you tell when they are going to do it again? I'm looking at the one in Seattle because it's closest to me, but I can't go next April. Is there some way I can tell when they are going to be open again?

I don't know, maybe contact them? I'll poke around on the site when I return! ;)

aly
06-03-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm seriously considering making the one in November. Sounds like fun!

finn's mom
06-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by aly
I'm seriously considering making the one in November. Sounds like fun!

I'm not totally saying it won't happen for me, either! :) I'd love to make it, but, there are only 60 spots! And, it would be a last minute thing for me if I did go. Just because it depends on my financial situation. :)

wolfsoul
06-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Ashley and Jynnelle and I are going to go to a WA one -- not the next one, but whatever one is after that. Because I won't have my catahoula for the next one. :p

wolfsoul
06-05-2005, 07:05 PM
The site isn't working anymore. :(

finn's mom
06-05-2005, 09:02 PM
The site isn't working anymore. :(

Oh, that sucks. I hope it comes back up again, soon. :(

aly
06-06-2005, 01:24 AM
I haven't been able get on the site for 2 days now. Hope it starts working again. Wonder whats going on??

wolfsoul
06-06-2005, 01:30 AM
It's up again! I can see that they changed some of the graphics.

finn's mom
08-19-2005, 09:48 AM
I was searching for this to see when the camps were again, and, wanted to bump it up because I am actually thinking the Texas one might be something I can do. Just depends on the money situation and what job I'm at...hopefully this one works out, and, I can take some time off at that point...but, I at least hope to make it to the Georgia one.

Lexi_Lover
08-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Thats near me! :D :p OMGosh! I would LOOOOVE to go with Lexi, maybe she'll become more fond of dogs that way! :) She even has the matching bandana! :D