PDA

View Full Version : real animal fur can drive cats nuts

topaz
02-02-2002, 10:20 PM
I have found that (now this may seem like an obvious observation) cats go crazy over toys made with real animal fur. I first noticed this with my cat when he was 1yr. old. I had a lucky rabits foot (now you people who love rabits plz dont hate me) and of course it was a real rabits foot not those fake ones most people have and being a real rabits foot it had real rabits fur. Well It had a key chain thingy on top and I used to keep my cashbox key on it. Well one day I put it down on my kitchen counter and left the house for a while when I came home it was gone:eek: Now this was bad becase I had some very important things in my cashbox (including cash) I looked all over and couldent find it, then I rememberd that Topaz (my cat of course) hadent greated me when I came in and that wasent normal so I looked for him all around the house (now becomeing worried that I could not find my cat or my key) Finally I found him in his litterbox sitting on top of the shreaded remains of what used to be a rabits foot and I also found my key. Now there are two leasons to be learend from this story one never attach anything to a rabits foot when you own a cat and two if anything gose missing imeditly find your cat (or any other pet) just to be sure it may save you a lot of time. Now you maybe saying to yourself "cute story but what dose it have to do with cat toys" Well not much except after that I bought topaz a toy ferret (made from real animal fur ofcourse) and that all he well ever play with:)

NoahsMommy
02-04-2002, 03:39 PM
You are so right Topaz! Our cats LOVE those mice that are covered in fur! They also love those toys that are made out of what they call "lambs wool" (is it really lambs wool?).

My husbands aunt has two cats that think their toys with rabbit fur are their..um...boyfriend...:rolleyes: :o :rolleyes:

Former User
02-06-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

My husbands aunt has two cats that think their toys with rabbit fur are their..um...boyfriend...:rolleyes: :o :rolleyes:

LOL Kelly! I hope she doesn't get any real rabbits ever! :D