PDA

View Full Version : The best about your kitty....

CalliesMom
05-28-2005, 08:56 PM
There are so many reasons why I love my kitties. They love me, regardless, of what I look like in the mornings and don't complain about the little things in life...except, of course, if I'm running late with breakfast or dinner.

I've told this story before but I'm feeling particularly "lovey" tonight towards the kitties. Hubby is at a friend's house and it's just me and them.

My father passed away March 4, 2000 from a massive heart attack a week before I was to come home for spring break. I did not take his death well, as he was my best friend and I love him more than just about anyone in this entire world. I contemplated suicide, could hardly make it out of bed for two months.

In mid-April, Jason (my now husband) came home with this loud, obnoxiously meowy orange baby girl that someone had THROWN out of a vehicle in front of him. :mad: He would normally not have pulled over for someone dumping garbage outside, but he knew it was an animal when he caught a glimpse of the orange fur. He found her and brought her home--Shadow and Whisper were with my mother as my roommate at the time was allergic (they lived with her for 8 months before the roommate moved out).

She was into EVERYTHING. She was not more than six weeks old I believe, as her eyes were still blue. She would fall asleep at night purring in the curve of my neck. She used my back as a jumping post to get from the bed to the desk...I looked like I had been whipped as I had so many scratches on my back as she CLAWED her way up me. She cried at 4 AM for food, if her litter was dirty, if she needed attention...GEES I don't think I slept very well the first few weeks we had her.

I began to feel a bit of happiness in my fog of despair. The more I thought about it, the more I truly believe that my father sent her to me. He knew I needed something to make the days a little easier..something to look forward to waking up for and not just thinking about how horrible the future would be. She is my gift from Heaven and I am truly grateful I have her in my life.

She has the best personality--she's loud, into everything, nawtee as can be...but when she wants, she will come and love on you. I love when she lays on me while I'm on the couch....or comes and sleeps by my head at night. She'll never be my lap kitty or snuggle buddy, but that's okay. She is who she is meant to be and for that I am grateful.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid161/p8b59cf6fd0173c28cc9fbac448f84698/f4d6ead9.jpg

catmandu
05-28-2005, 09:07 PM
MY PARENTS,ARE GONE,AS WELL,AS WELL ASMY AUNT,AND UNCLE,AND MY DEAR FRIEND NORMA,ALL ,OF WHOM,WERE VERY DEAR FRIENDS,THAT I COULD TALK,TO ABOUT ANYTHING.IF IT WASNT FOR MY COMAPNION CATS,AND MY DEAR FRIENDS,ON PET TALK,AND THE ANIAML WELFARE ASSOCIATION,I DO KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO.AND SCRAPPY 2S GOOFINESS,AND POUNCETTES CHALLENGE,ARE KEEPING THINGS,FROM GETTING TOO DULL,AT THE FOUND CAT HOTEL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/JJJ3.jpg

orangemm
05-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Bless Jason for rescuing that little orange darling and bless her for bringing you back to life, where you belong.

furrykidsmother
05-29-2005, 10:30 AM
It appears that she certainly was brought to you for a reason. How terrible that she was tossed out a car, but your husband was there at the right time, probably because your Dad had a hand in it and needed him to be there to bring that sweet orange baby home to you. She is just beautiful.

momcat
05-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Please accept my sympathy on the loss of your father. Pets are a special gift from heaven. Over the past seven years, my Mom has had two major strokes, two surgeries to remove three brain tumors, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and just before my Dad passed we found out that Mom has a fourth brain tumor. When the doctor told me about the cancer, I was devastated and scared out of my mind. Mom took the news pretty hard too. A few days later, I stopped by a mom & pop pet store to get some food for my parakeet. There was a sign in the window announcing they had kittens. Of course they were right by the bird food. As I was looking at them and talking to them, a little face popped up. I looked at him, he looked at me and without question, this little guy was coming home with me. That was four years ago, the most wonderful four years of Groucho's love and companionship. He has been a large part of dealing with Mom's situation. Once Groucho moved in, I didn't feel completely overwhelmed. But even more important, I didn't feel all alone anymore. When I came home from seeing Mom in the hospital, Groucho was right there jumping up wanting to be held. He'd purr and snuggle, give lots of kitty kisses. Looking back, I think he needed us as much as we needed him. Mom was 84 last Monday and has a picture of Groucho in her room at the nursing home. Even though she has never met him, Mom is completely taken with him. Congratulations on finding the love that only a kitty can give.....

CalliesMom
05-29-2005, 01:55 PM
There is just something about Callie that whenever I look at her, I am ten times happier. I think pets are very important in our lives and they accept us for who we are and love us unconditionally. It's a shame my father never "knew" her as he would have loved her..but I know he's smiling down from Heaven thinking "she's just like my daughter." Spoiled, nawtee, complains about EVERYTHING. :D