PDA

View Full Version : Norbert...International Man of Mystery

rkidsrcats
05-28-2005, 11:58 AM
The Tribe reminded me that Norbert doesn't get much exposure on PT. He's so quiet, and still skittish - even after being with us for 2 years in April - that we don't do enough to get photos of him and talk about him. So here's a Saturday thread and photo of Norbert. He loves to hide behind the curtains! Hence our Man of Mystery.

He's such a good cat - just suffered years of minimal or bad socialization with humans. He was the cat that our neighbor in CT wanted to just dump out the back door because she "couldn't handle" having cats anymore. He hated her and she didn't like him and he NEVER let her touch him. She claimed he was "feral" - what did she know!

Now, he's changed so much - loves to be petted and brushed, comes running to have crunchy treats, gets along with everyone. We still can't pick him up, but he will get on a chair, bed or couch to sit near us for petting.
Maybe in another 2 years, he'll consent to being picked up, but if not, who cares?

Here's to you Norbert...glad you are in our Tribe.

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/mystr_norbert.jpg

Grace
05-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Fantastic picture of one beautiful cat. :)

jenluckenbach
05-28-2005, 01:23 PM
He is such a handsome boy. And the shy ones can often become the most special in our heats. :)

catcrazylady
05-28-2005, 01:42 PM
What a fantastic picture! Norbert you are incredibly handsome! It's ok Norbert that you don't like to be picked up. There are lots of very loving kitties that freak out if you pick them up. It's obvious that you are loved anyway!:D We are glad to know that you are part of the tribe too sweety!:)

furrykidsmother
05-28-2005, 02:03 PM
What a sweet boy you are. All you needed was some love and attention. It doesn't matter if you don't want to be picked up, you still get your pats and attention. We have 4 and only 2 will tolerate being picked up.

orangemm
05-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Such a sweet boy. Norbert, you'll come around when you feel like it. What a wonderful picture!

rg_girlca
05-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Oh Norbert, we definitely NEED to see more pictures of you sweet boy.

I'm so glad that you took him in from those awful people.

kimlovescats
05-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Norbert is GORGEOUS! I have a soft spot for shy kitties. He sounds like my Bonnie, Marmy and Boots .... all once ferals!
I would love to have Norbert on my Pretty Black & White Kitties page! Check it out on my website:

www.kimskitties.com

;)

catmandu
05-28-2005, 08:41 PM
NORBERT,LOOKS QUITE A BIT,LIKE POUNCETTE,WHO IS ON THE SHY SIDE,TOO.THE ONLY THING,IS THAT SHE,IS SO NOISY,ABOUT IT,WHERENOBERT,IS A NICE QUIET CAT.AND ONE DAY,I THINK,THAT NORBERT,WILLREALIZE,HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HIM,AND WILL COME,OUT OF HIS SHELL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/JJJ3.jpg

rkidsrcats
05-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks for all the views and comments!
Norbert really is a sweet boy - and we don't worry so much about him being shy- we know he'll find his comfort zone and will be whatever he will be. That's cool with us! :cool:

Killearn Kitties
05-29-2005, 04:20 AM
Peek! What a gorgeous boy you are Norbert! Are you afraid that if you come out from behind that curtain, your loving purrsons will cuddle you and cuddle you and never put you down again? :D

I'm glad you have found your perfect home.

Barbara
05-29-2005, 05:44 AM
Norbert do you wear a black mask because you are Mystery Man?:D

Filou and Tigris say they understand very well that you will not want to be picked up. My two boys never had a bad experience with humans in all their life but they want to be in control- and so they cannot be picked up:D

momcat
05-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Wow, you are one handsome guy Norbert. You're one lucky kitty to have found a home where you're loved and well cared for. See that, not all humans mistreat nice kittys like you! Truth is, we don't like any humans that hurt, neglect, and abuse any animal and many of us think they should go to jail. Your human companions really love you and will never ever do anything bad. Everything is okay now, you're safe. Will you let your meowmie give you a whole lot of lovebug from me? We'd love to see more pictures of you.....