PDA

View Full Version : What do you ROUTINELY say to your cats?

jenluckenbach
05-28-2005, 11:47 AM
We all know that you talk to your cats. So what do you find yourself saying (over and over again)?

Obviously I say "I love you".

I say "You are the bestest Boy....but don't tell the others I said that." ;) (I never say that to the girls :p )

I often say "NO TRIPPING!!!" Because they are always under foot.

I say "Rutherford! My lap is empty!" And he will always come running.

I say "Mama's boy." an awful lot.

Oh yeah, I need to say "Leave Fern alone!" quite often too.

So what do you repeat often?

LeahMM
05-28-2005, 11:56 AM
"Get off of my keyboard"
"Get your butt out of my face"
"Out of the way" ***as they are weaving in and out of legs***
"Leave the plants alone"

Seem that they're always mischevious unless they're sleeping, oh well.

Buzz is "grumpy ol man"
Missy is "fat girl"
Emmie is just plain "ems"
Ashly is "skinny girl"
Quki is "cookers"
Hannah , when I see her " hi hanny anny girl, how are you today?"

aki
05-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Well for Chuck it's usually

"Wanna go nite nite with mama?" or "Hey Buddy!"

Hard to say because I talk to him all the time. LOL My daughter will say, who are you talking to?

I'm like, oh I was just asking Chuck if he liked my outfit! ROTFLMAOPMP!

catnapper
05-28-2005, 12:16 PM
:D

I tell Abby she's my favorite girl. I also tell her she's the prettiest girl I ever saw. I always tell her that I have a lap waiting for her.

I tell Pouncer I love him more than anything.
I am also always telling him to "leave her alone" referring to Abby as he's about to torment her, or when he's about to bother Minette. :rolleyes:

Harry simple gets a happy voice saying "HARRY!" He looks up at me as if to say "thats ME!" and then he gives me a little murpy sound back. He's also SUCH a boy... every morning he sleeps right on my feet, or behind my knees. I get up every morning and tell him not to move... then he sniffs my hand and ducks his head as I'm about to pet him.... can't have meowmie showing him any love now! I alos have a conversation several times a day where he tells me he's STARVING and I tell him he's not.

Allen often gets asked questions (since he's the King and knows all) questions like: Where's Pouncer? What are the little oens up to?

lizbud
05-28-2005, 12:32 PM
"One of you guys had better get a job soon" :D Said usually
after coming home from PetsMart & buying kitty food & toys.

animal_rescue
05-28-2005, 12:34 PM
I usually say

"Colin, STOOPPPP!!"

"Hey Sexy Butt"

"No, you can't go outside today"

"Hey pretty girl"

"Momma doing good?"

"oh look at the babies, there so vicious!"(that's in baby talk when I say it)

That's pretty much it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-28-2005, 12:42 PM
"Get of that table!!"

"Inka! Stop pestering Maya!!"

"Nooooooooooooooo !!!"

Edwina's Secretary
05-28-2005, 12:44 PM
"Edwina! Stop beating up Eddie!"

"I'm right here, Eddie!"

"You're the prettiest girl kitty in the world!"

"You're the prettiest boy kitty in the world!"

chocolatepuppy
05-28-2005, 01:48 PM
To Missy, you're such a pretty little blue kitty!
To Sassy, you're such a pretty kitty, tiger out of the jungle!
AND
To Missy, please move, why do always have to lay on the steps?
To Sassy, if you beat up on Missy one more time you're going outside to live! ( I wouldn't do it, but maybe she believes me ;) )

catcrazylady
05-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Well my husband would be very happy to let you all know that I never shut up!:rolleyes: I talk to the cats all the time. Day and night no matter where I am or what I'm doing my mouth is going with one of them.;) There are a few things that are constantly repeated to some of them.

When Magoo is "running" more like trotting, away from me I chase him saying
Putterbutt, putterbutt, I'm gonna getcha putterbutt!:D

Peanut Butter is a major potty lovin kitty. Hubby always says the same thing to him
"You big momma's boy" over and over and over! PB then comes running out of the bathroom and jumps in my lap.:)

There are phrases that are repeated throughout the day like...
Ok, who knocked that over?, Who's growling?, Magoo get away from the litter box!, Rosco what have you done now?, LEEEEEEEEEEEROY don't do that!!!, Geez Maggie Sue why do you always have to be such a B*^&% about everything?, Rosco stop touching Leroy!, Pete what do you want???, I don't want a nap! You guys can go to bed without me!!!, Peanut Butter the bathroom window is not exclusivly yours. I don't see your name on it!!!, Pepper Jack stop tormenting your sister!

Stuff like that....all day looooooooooong!!:rolleyes:

furrykidsmother
05-28-2005, 02:06 PM
All kinds of things, but usually it is "Everyone please be good and don't pick on Rusty", "Who wants breakfast, supper, crunchies etc.," "Has anyone seen Gidget" (this since her operation where she is hiding alot), "Fluffadoodledoo where are you", "Rusty, don't sit on the stairs you are going to get stepped on", "Garfield, must you sit on your Daddy all the time?" I could go on, but those are the most frequently uttered phrases.

christa
05-28-2005, 02:53 PM
To Brodie, our little wild kitty:
"Get down!"
"Get!"
"Brodie, No!"
:rolleyes:

To Josie, princess of the house!:
"There's my Josie-Toes!"
"That's my Good girl . . . "
I can't even list everything that I routinely say to Josie cause she's always just hanging around and seems like I'm always carrying on a conversation with her! ;)

CalliesMom
05-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Shadow hears

"you're such a good gurl."
"dang, your a chub a lub"
"schooch over..you're taking up too much bed."
"could you please go cover that up?" she doesn't cover up her poopies when she uses the litter box.

Callie hears
"ZIP IT!" she meows constantly
"Get down"
"I'm not opening that door for you"
"It isn't din din time yet"
"I love you more than anything in this WHOLE WORLD"
"Why are you so nawtee?"

Whisper hears
"Ouch!" He likes to knead you in the most uncomfortable places
"LEAVE SHADOW ALONE!"
"My pretty boy"

I sing songs about them constantly...particularly in the shower

Craftlady
05-28-2005, 03:49 PM
"How's moms girl or boy" (depending on who I'm holding conversation).
To all three "You goofiest"when they are doing something crazy or silly.
"No"
"Down"
"Stop"
"Mom's home, Dad's home"
"You guys be good, Mom/Dad going.... be back in a little bit"
"It's NOT time to eat yet"
"Mom loves you" :)

kimlovescats
05-28-2005, 03:55 PM
"Hi BABIES!" to all the kitties each morning!

Dexter's unofficial name is "d*** it Dexter!"
:eek: :rolleyes: But I still love the big goof!
;)

*Graaaaaaaaaace, be nice!* The queen gets a bit moody with well ... most everyone at some point.

*You're OK!* To Tabitha when she thinks she simply MUST have an earlobe nursing right NOW!

I'm sure there are plenty more .... will have to think about it!

How FUN!

sirrahbed
05-28-2005, 03:57 PM
:o All sorts of sicky sweet stuff. I make up little rhymes with their names....:p

Hey Dylie Bean! How's mama's silly Dylie??

Robbie!! NO!

Aww Emily Bimily - such a sweet girl!

Robbie! NOOOO!

Lizzie Wizzie! How my sweetypie?

Robbie! NO!!

Eliot - my loverboy - gimmie a kiss!

Robbie! NOOO!!!

Nighty night time! Where's my babies??

Robbie! What am I going to DO with you?

Killearn Kitties
05-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Harry simple gets a happy voice saying "HARRY!"
Sorry to get a bit off-topic, but this reminded me of "Cheers" when everyone in the bar shouted "Norm"! I could just see Harry on his little bar stool. :D

rg_girlca
05-28-2005, 04:53 PM
OMG!!!! I am dying here from laughter with everyone's responses.
What a great thread.:D

Daily saying is, "Okay boys and girl, mommy's off to work, be good, love you, won't be long.

My Katie gets,
Katie, "Shut up" as she constantly talks.
There's my Katie pretty lady.
Oh stop being such a "B****. What's the matter, PMS kicking in.

Chipper.
How's my precious boy today.
There's my special kitty. How you doing?
Chipper, you are such a good boy.

Mooky.
How's my big boy today?
"Crazy cat," as he tears up and down the hall.
There's my Mooky Mooks.

Poppy.
Hi my little boy.
Oh Poppy, you're sooooooo cute.
Come here sweetie. Let mommy give you some lovies.

Sades.
Oh Saaaaaaddddddeeeesssss. Be a good boy.
He cannot pass by Mooky without hissing and swatting at him.
Sades, NO! As he claws at my screen.

Willy.
How's my precious widdle baby boy today.(Said in a squealing voice.)
NO! Don't bite, as he is having my fingers for dinner.
Oh you are just too darn cute. (Said in a Shirley Temple voice along with the poutty mouth.)

kittycats_delight
05-28-2005, 05:50 PM
My hubby also says I don't shut up talking and almost all of that is to the girls.

I don't want a nap! You guys can go to bed without me!!!

CCL I am forever saying that to my 2 girls. When the want to sleep no matter what time it is I am suppose to stop what I am doing and go immediately to bed. Lilith will just come back and forth a few times and rub against me and go back to the bedroom but Vixen will go on and on for about 30 minutes non-stop talking and if I don't talk back to her she screams at me.

now as for the things I say to them most often.

"I love you" said a lot.
" Vixen what do you want?"
"The litter is clean...I just cleaned it." to Vixen a major pain about her box.
"Are you hungry" to Vixen
"My pretty baby girl" to Lilith
"Vixen calm down" usually when she is climbing doorframes or hanging upside down from the cat tree.
"What? Come tell mom." to vixen when she is complaining.
"You looking for cuddles" to Lilith when she is being a big baby.

And bunches more but I could go on forever tell them.

rkidsrcats
05-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Here's what is most said...

"Tiiiigerrr, get out of my water glass!"

"Pippityskip, pippityskip, pippityskip....." (repeated ad naseum)

"Sam, move please!"

"Yum, Yum?" (when calling William to go to bed - he's the nighttime snuggle cat)

"Tiger - time for a shoulder-ride"

"Honey, you can't be there right now" (CatDad usually talking to Tiger while working at the computer, or reading the paper)

"Where are my brushtomers?" ( add the sound of the brush on the carpet. Percy Peapod and Norbert come running for that!)

There are additional silly songs, jingles and repeated jibberish, but we won't go there...;)

catmandu
05-28-2005, 08:21 PM
I SING, A SONG,TO MY CATS,ESPECIALLY PRINCESS,AND MICHAEL,TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM,AND SAM,ALWAYS COMES,AND SITS ON MY CHEST,AS MR SCARPPY,USED TO DO.
I TELL SCRAPPY 2,TO WATCH OUT,AS SHE RUND UNDER THE FEET,AND WITH MY POOR EYESIGHT,I DONT WANT,TO STEP,ON HER.AND I ASK POUNCETTE,TO LIGHTEN,UP,NOONE,IS GOING,TO STEAL HER DINNER.
AND JJJ3,LOVES THE WORD TREATS.
AND THE MEEZERS,LOVE HEARING,TAHT THEY ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CATS,IN THE WORLD.

AND RAGNAR,LOVES,BEING TOLD,THAT HE HAS HIS FURREVER HOME,AND THAT WE,WILL NEVER PART.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/JJJ3.jpg

kimboe
05-28-2005, 09:13 PM
hahahahahaha...
I usually say " Oohhh...Duh..Bay Bee...!"
Or.." Hi...Ma Bee.....May bee Come" (and then she'll meow and trot towards me)
And i say it in a baby way or something like that!
hahahaha
We are all Crazy in love with our cats!
:)

Soapets
05-28-2005, 09:47 PM
"Shadow, you little SH$T! That's my foot! My foot is NOT a cat toy, and it is NOT meant for you to attack it and kill it every time you see it!":D

"You little sh$t!"

"Shadow, leave your baby sister ALONE, you little sh$t!"

"Shadow, PLEASE get your little butt out of the way!"

"Shadow, time to EAT now!"

"Shadow, get OFF your baby sister and LEAVE HER ALONE!"

"You little sh$t!"

"HA! Let's see how YOU like being locked up in the carrier for a little while, while ANNIE gets to get out and run around and play!"

"Shadow, get OFF me and let me SLEEP!" (as he attacks me during the night, wanting to play)

"Shadow, quit picking on your big sister Angel, you little sh$t!"

(Shadow probably thinks his name is "Little Sh$t", as much as he gets called that!:D )

NOW FOR ANGEL:

"Angel, quit getting butt prints all over everything."

"Whatsa matter, Angel, is your happy home getting over-run by little varmits now?"

"Whoop his little butt, Angel!" (as Shadow attacks her)

"Aw, don't worry Angel, you're still my baby girl!"

"Oh, that feels so good! Doesn't that feel good? Ah, right there, behind the ears, is that where you want to be scritched now?" (All this as I am scritching Angel with my foot after she plops herself down in front of me and stretches way out.)

"Ok, Angel, DON'T bite the foot that scritches you! You bite the foot that scritches you, it QUITS scritching you!"

"I love you, my pretty girl."

"Do you need some fresh water, Angel?" (as she jumps up onto the kitchen sink and waits for me to turn the faucet on to a drip.)

AND TO MY LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE:

"Annie, you're famous! You've got SO many people praying for you, all over the world! You've just GOT to keep getting better!"

"You are such a pretty girl!"

"Quit spitting out your medicine, you little fart!"

"Oh, I know it! That's so yucky! But it's just so you'll get better!"

"I know you don't understand why Mommy has to keep doing this to you!" (as I put drops or ointment in her left eye, or give her her Amoxi). "I'm only doing it because I love you so much!"

"Annie, you just need to get a little bit bigger and then you'll get to run and play and be outside your carrier ALL the time."

"Aw, whassa matter, Annie? It's not fair that Shadow gets to run around all over the place and you don't, is it?!"

"HA! Let's see what it's like for YOU to get to be out running around playing, while SHADOW is locked up in the carrier for a little while!"

"Aw, you're such a little sweetheart!"

wolfsoul
05-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Just when I hit "reply" I yelled "Caleb! Get down from there!" :rolleyes:

I most often say "move." It seems he is always in the way. Right when I open the door to go downstairs, he is under my feet. It's as if he wants me to fall down the stairs and break my neck. He also lays right in the middle of the hallway or entrance to a room. That cat has gotten stepped on so many times, but he's a few screws loose in the head to understand why.

slick
05-28-2005, 10:46 PM
AWWWWW, did you have a good little poo poo????

...among other embarrassing stuff.... :o

RedHedd
05-28-2005, 11:39 PM
To Mitzi: There she is! My itty-bitty-pretty-mitty-kitty! or ... How round now meow?

Mishi: You big goofball! Mr. Goofy! Goofus, doofus. That's my big boybee! Hello Mr. Velvet. I love your fluffy butt! ... and when he's "having his way" with Muffy the teddybear: shall I leave you two alone? :D

and to both of them: You are the cutest cats in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! and I love you munches of bunches.

Fur&Feathers
05-28-2005, 11:53 PM
LOL. Good thread. :D

To Sky, I made up some silly thing...

Cute kitty, pretty kitty Skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :o

(And of course I love you!)

MULTICATMOM
05-29-2005, 12:36 AM
I, LIKE CCL, TALK TO MINE CONSTANTLY. I LIVE ALONE BESIDES THEM, SO I SAY ANYTHING...THEY DON'T TELL;)
BUT--I FIND MYSELF SAYING 'WHAT WAS THAT NOISE?" ALOT FROM THE OTHER ROOM:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
ALL HAVE NICKNAMES
SUNSHINE--MY SUNNY GIRL
NOSEY--NOSER
DOM--SUPER KITTY
DAISY--CRAZY
DOTTIE--MY BAY GIRL
JAS IS ALWAYS--PRETTY MOMMA
WHITEY IS MOST OFTEN CALLED--CRACKER

AT NIGHT I JUST LAY DOWN & SAY KITTY, KITTY UNTIL I HAVE SEVERAL:D :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2005, 02:52 AM
I say "I love you"and "You're such a mama's boy" to all of them.

To Storm I say "Do you want a butt rub?"and "You're my goofy boy". "Behave." "Be nice." "You're my #1 kitty."

To Sunny I say "SHHHHH!" as he's meowing very loudly for his breakfast or dinner. "Let me hold you like baby." "Get down!" when he jumps on the dining room table. "You'll always be my baby."

To Sky I say "Do you want a cuddle" when he's meowing at me. I also say "You're my doll baby." "You're such a big kitten." "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." "I'm so glad that I decided to adopt you."

lady_zana
05-29-2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I make up little rhymes with their names....:p

I do that too!

To my girls as a group:
"Mommy loves it, yes she does." (I baby talk my girls a lot.)
"No, no, stay inside."
"Okay, get your drinkie." (They love to drink out of my bathwater!)
"Pretty girl."
"Oh, don't sleep on Mommy's puzzle!"

To Weezie:
"Come here, girl, Daddy's being a pooper." (When she bugs Mike as he plays his video games.)
"Oh! Sharp claws!"

To Eepie:
"Cally-co!" (Singsong baby talk!)
"Oh, I wish they call could be calico girls." (Singing)

To Grey Girl:
"Mommy's most beautiful Grey."
"Now now, let Mommy check your butt." (She's allergic to fleas so I have to check and back sure she doesn't have any or any flea bites.)

momcat
05-29-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm always telling Groucho how beautiful he is and he's the best kitty in the world. When I come home from work, he's right by the door on his back demanding a hello tummy rub which he always gets. Then I ask him how his day was, when he starts to meow I say "Come up here and tell me all about it". I'm always telling him what a good boy he is.....

kuhio98
05-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Kuhio (my RB kitty):
I love you. I always have and I always will.
You’re the best kitty in the WHOLE WIDE HOUSE.

(Sung to the tune of Felix the cat cartoon)
Kuhio the cat
the wonderful, wonderful cat
you’ll laugh so much
your sides will ache
your heart will go pitter-pat
She’s Kuhio
the wonderful cat

How’s my Princess girl girl?
Kit’n kitty, curly girl

Halo:
I love you
Thank you for healing my broken heart.

(Sung to the tune of Hello Dolly)
Well hello, Halo
Well hello, Halo
It’s so nice to have you here
Where you belong.
You’re looking swell, Halo
I can tell, Halo
You’re still going
You’re still growing
You’re still going strong.

Halo, there’s not a mean bone in your whole body.
How’s my chubba dubba girl?
Do you want some chin chins and cheek cheeks? (scritchies)
Do you know what you’re doing? (when she attempts to tenderize/make bisquits).
Why are you sleeping in the tub?
Are you my bathtime buddy?
Halo, that’s very dangerous (she runs to get in front of you and then crashes to the floor for belly rubs. We’ve managed to avoid stepping on her so far).

Pepper:
Whatcha doing Pep?
How’s my Pepper Pea Pod Pie?
What DO you want? (Pepper talks a lot and it always sounds like a complaint).
Yeah? Well, then what happened? (She’s still meowing and it sounds like she’s telling us a story).
We’re in here. (when she yowls at the tops of her lungs looking for us)
Pepper, my heart is going to give out long before yours (after she’s done some death-defying feat. She has a profound heart murmur and the vet said she wouldn’t live a long life, but she’s packing a lot of living into whatever years she has).
Pepper, you are my adrenaline junky kitty. If you were human, you’d be a bungie jumping, sky diving, mountain climbing person.
Yeah, you’re delicate all right! (after yet another death defying act).
You’re going to outlive us all!

Cammie: (who barely tolerates me but worships the ground my husband walks on)
He’s not home, Cammie. You’re just going to have to make do with me.
Yes, he’ll be back. Don’t worry.
Oh, I barely touched you. (she squeaks in annoyance if I pet her).
What did I ever do to you? You’re the only kitty I’ve ever known who didn’t like me.
Yes, while Dad’s gone, I’m going to put lit cigarettes out on you as usual. (This is said with much sarcasm and eye rolling because she acts like I regularly torture her. I’ve never hurt a kitty in my life and no one in the house smokes.)

(Sung to the tune of "Tammy" a Debbie Reynolds movie from the 50’s. Instead of Tammy, Tammy, Tammy’s in love, I sing).
"Cammie, Cammie, Cammie loves Bob" (hubby).

To all kitties when they turn up their noses their canned food ~ Ya know, there are kitties starving all over the world….

You all are so much help. I can’t believe I survived all these years without you supervising me.
Bob, can (insert cat name here) come into the bathroom with you?
(Poor Bob hasn’t had any privacy in the bathroom in a looooooong time). Our master bath has 2 entrances and Pepper can usually be found at one door while Cammie is at the other.

King Spartacus
05-30-2005, 07:21 AM
Things mamma says to me several times a day:

Aa saa fin! (means, "oh so handsome")
Lille vennen (means "little pal")
Saa deilig du er i dag, da ("you're so delicious today"
Lille loerva ("little rag"... eh... I told you mamma is crazy!)
Klumpedumpen ("lumpy-dumpy")
Is that true? (everytime I meow)
Really? (if I meow some more!)
Mamma loves you (in baby voice!)

Sometimes she just repeats the above senteces over and over again... I have plans of learning how to say "shut up" to her!!!

orangemm
05-30-2005, 07:43 AM
Okay, okay...............

To my Archy (tuxedo cat) I always tell him that he's such a sweet little boy, such a nice little boy. I say that even tho' he's chunked up a little bit, he's still my little boy.

And, to Binky, our elusive one, I always tell him that he's such a handsome young man.

Archy, bless his heart, will almost always come running whenever you call him. The only exception is when we're going out and want to make sure both are out and not in a closet somewhere. Then you can't find him.

I tell them I love them many times a day.

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 10:14 PM
heh ..cute, everyone!!

often to zephyra: ooh...tell me what's matter???! you know I'm not a cat and I can't understand what DO you want??! gee, don't you know you're breaking my heart..?? :( (after I fed her again, huggg, pet, pet and pet her, took her out on harness but still meooowing, looking at me..)

to eclypse pretty often: no no.....don't.. :o if you want be friends with them, stop pestering them!! *her giving me this pout look.. *:(* oh sweetie, I'm here for you..

every of my dears when I get home..laying down, resting or sleeping:

# hiyas y'all! come here...*snuggling, cuddling, nudging, rubbing..* gosh, so good to see you all again, my precious babies!!! everytime I leave the home, and I miss them all in a minute!

# hey, hey, children!! stop it! share..you on right, you on left and two of you can go over there.. and you on my chest...(etc.) some would fight over my laps, spots or toys..

# to all everytime I feed them: hey hey, whoa, slow down... jeez, I wish you'd know how lucky you're to live with me! getting more food, more attention and more treats than the suffering ones out there.. please remember I love you! but well, I'm here to open cans for you... :rolleyes: :)
# to any cats who barfed..not eating..staying in one position so quiet..or had one watery eye from stratch, fight or playing too hard: oh...look what you have done to yourself..! :( hey, are you ok...huney?? *picks her/him up & rocking my baby* :)

there are so many more hearty comments I say to them everyday...I love them to the sky and back.. can't help it!! :D

Palomino21
05-31-2005, 05:22 AM
Good Morning Star, Momma loves you.
You're so pretty, don't let anyone tell you differently.
Spray (which means NO)
Are you Hungry?
Wanna go OUTSIDE
MILK, you want MILK?
Starduster where are youuuuu??

cruisetime
05-31-2005, 10:47 AM
"Thank you...." When they lick me, kiss me, curl up with me... "You are sooooo handsome" to Max and "You are so beautiful, so you know that?" to Meka... "How precious"... :) Debbie