PDA

View Full Version : Woman Arrested After Calling 911 With Pizza Complaint

QueenScoopalot
05-28-2005, 10:45 AM
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050525071209990002&cid=936
:eek: :rolleyes: :confused:
Woman Arrested After Calling 911 With Pizza Complaint
Police Say 86-Year-Old Suspect Attacked Officer at Scene

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (May 25) - An 86-year-old woman was jailed after police said she called 911 dispatchers 20 times in a little more than a half-hour - all to complain that a pizza parlor wouldn't deliver.

Dorothy Densmore was charged with misusing the 911 system, a jail spokeswoman said.

She told dispatchers Sunday that a local pizza shop refused to deliver a pie to her south Charlotte apartment, said Officer Mandy Giannini. She also complained that someone at the shop called her a "crazy old coot," Giannini said.

Densmore wanted them arrested. Instead, police came to arrest her, and she resisted, Giannini said.

It's unusual for someone to face charges for nonemergency calls, Giannini said. But on Sunday, Densmore kept calling 911, even after she was told to stop, Giannini said.

When an officer arrived at her apartment, the 5-foot-tall, 98-pound woman attacked him, Giannini said. Densmore scratched him, kicked and bit his hand, she said.

Densmore also is charged with resisting a public officer and two counts of misusing the 911 system, jail records show.

lizbud
05-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I did see that article. Poor old lady. All she wanted was a pizza.
I would think they could make some allowances for her age &
not arrest her.:(

CagneyDog
05-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Dont the cops have anything better to do? :rolleyes:

RICHARD
05-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Just think..

My two year old kid died from choking because some crazy old coot was calling 911 to complain about pizza....

The law really sucks, don't it?;)

kuhio98
05-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Poor old lady is obviously a few bricks shy of a load. I wish they didn't have to make an example with her.

But, I do think that the 911 operators waste a lot of time with nuisance calls so there should be some consequences. My friend (who is a 911 operator) says that people call all the time and ask stupid things like how to get ahold of Disneyland to plan a vacation (I guess they have confused 911 and 411). Or want an ambulance because they fell down LAST WEEK and are now concerned that they shouldn't have gone to work all week so maybe they should get checked out at the emergency room NOW. :rolleyes: