PDA

View Full Version : Update on Gidget

furrykidsmother
05-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Poor Gidget. She really had a very serious infection (Pyometra), but now with the surgery I am hoping that she will make a quick recovery. She was off to the vet 3 days in a row last week and is still so scared that we are going to take her and leave her again. She comes out for short visits, but prefers to spend much of her time under the couch where I can't get her. Couch can be lifted to get her out if necessary, but she seems to feel secure there, so I am indulging her. After all she went through she is still so very lovable and sweet. Once again thank you all for your prayers, hugs and good thoughts. I am hoping she will be back to her old self soon. She is currently on 2 antibiotics Baytril and Clavamox and still has a couple pain pills left. She has been pretty good about taking her medicine. I think she knows that we are just trying to help her. I'm working on a roll of film, hopefully soon I will have some updated pictures to post.

QueenScoopalot
05-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Poor little girl. :( I'm so glad she got that infected uterus out of her in time...please tell her to be a good girl and take her meds!;) And give her a kiss for me. :)

catmandu
05-28-2005, 11:09 AM
THAT IS WONDERFUL.THAT YOU WERE ABLE,TO HELP,THAT POR CAT,AND GET HER THE MEDICAL HELP,THAT SHE NEEDED,SO BADLY.AND WE PRAY,THAT YOU CAN GIVE HER,THE FURR EVER HOME,THAT SHE NEEDS,SO BADLY,AND GUARDIANS,WHO TRULY CARE,FOR HER.ALL THE FOUND CATS,ARE PRAYING,FOR THIS GEM,OF A CAT.

moosmom
05-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Kisses to sweet Gidget! Glad she is doing well.

catcrazylady
05-28-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm so glad Gidget is doing ok. I know it takes a long time for them to trust us again after something like this. She sure went through an ordeal. I'm sure once she is feeling better she will come out from under the couch and will soon be back to her normal self again. Hang in there sweet Gidget, it will only get better from here on out.

rg_girlca
05-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Awww poor sweet little girl. It just breaks the heart when they are like that.

I pray and hope you are feeling better in no time sweetie.

Gentle hugs & kisses to you Gidget.

moosmom
05-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Talk about weird!! Parker has a discharge! I asked PurrsAbound about taking her to the vet and they said absolutely! They don't want any complications. I'm fostering her for them.

I'll let you know how she makes out.