PDA

View Full Version : DVD Wish List?

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 06:22 PM
At the top of my list is all the Seinfeld ones. Next would be M*A*S*H and then Rosanne. What's on your wish list?

CagneyDog
05-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Meet the Fockers and the OC season.

I *really* want to buy these DVDs.

Jadapit
05-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Sex and The city, I would also like the Seinfeld ones. I would also like to have Everybody Loves Raymond. Do you think they will put it out on DVD?

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Just a DVD player would be nice? lol

Jods
05-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Jadapit :
They have the seasons of Raymond on DVD and now they just came out with the finale on a DVD by itself. I would like to buy all the seasons one day.

Jadapit
05-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Jods
Jadapit :
They have the seasons of Raymond on DVD and now they just came out with the finale on a DVD by itself. I would like to buy all the seasons one day.

Thank you! I didnt know that. Woohoo. I will have to get them. I'm sure going to miss that show.:(

MariaM
05-27-2005, 06:53 PM
All three Lord of the Rings extended editions and "Lost" Season 1.

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
I will have to get them. I'm sure going to miss that show.:(

OMG I know! I rarely EVER watch Television but I LOVED that show. When my parents were watching TV i'd always stop what I was doing to watch that show. It sucks. :(

Suki Wingy
05-27-2005, 09:33 PM
I was happy when Everybody loves Raymond went off air. I want the 2004 Athens Equestrian games on DVD.

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Finding Neverland! It's so expensive right now.

K9soul
05-27-2005, 09:42 PM
The movie, Phar Lap. I wish it was out on DVD, but it's not :(. I rarely obsess over movies but that is one movie I always have felt somewhat obsessive over since the first time I saw it at age 11 or 12. I do have it on VHS tape but I worry about it wearing out.

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
The movie, Phar Lap. I wish it was out on DVD, but it's not :(. I rarely obsess over movies but that is one movie I always have felt somewhat obsessive over since the first time I saw it at age 11 or 12. I do have it on VHS tape but I worry about it wearing out.

I love that movie!!!

jenfer
05-27-2005, 09:48 PM
CSI season 5 (it's not out yet).

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Oh, I thought of two more, Watership Down and The Plague Dogs. I had the first one on DVD once before and loaned it out. I don't know if the Plague Dogs is on DVD or not.

K9soul
05-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
I love that movie!!!

I just got the soundtrack in the mail today, I finally found a place that sold it (moviemusic.com), so it's really been on my mind today although I just watched it again last week. That movie is incredible. It's one of those movies you can watch over and over but still wistfully wish to see it for the first time again. I've often wondered if the name Phar Lap was still a household name in Australia. Anyway, that movie is truly a hidden gem.

prechrswife
05-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Our next planned large DVD purchase is Star Trek: Deep Space 9. It will be awhile though.:)

MariaM
05-28-2005, 12:09 AM
What is Phar Lap about?

dukedogsmom
05-28-2005, 12:45 AM
A race horse.
http://www.museum.vic.gov.au/pharlap/
That's a great movie, by the way. I had forgotten I'd even seen it until it was mentioned.
http://www.picsntrics.com/pharlapgall1.html

The Cat Factory
05-28-2005, 12:55 AM
A Clockwork Orange
Quills
Full Metal Jacket
Futurama Volumes 2 & 3
All Of The Simspons seasons

caseysmom
05-28-2005, 01:15 AM
I bought "everybody loves raymond" season 2 and I just recently bought season 3. I love that show I missed the season finale.

cloverfdx
05-28-2005, 03:40 AM
*Sigh* I could be here for a while :o.

Sex and the city - All seasons
Seinfeld - All seasons
The Breakfast Club - I can only order it from the U.S.A or Canada.
A Night On The Town/ Adventures In Baby Sitting - My Bro has it on order from the U.S.A at the moment should be here next week :D.
Girl Iterrupted - At $37 i cannot justify spending that much on a DVD at the moment.

The last DVDs i bought were "Stand By Me" and "Snow Dogs" i love them both, especially Stand By Me (River Phoenix :( ).

RobiLee
05-28-2005, 06:16 AM
I would like to have the entire collection of Sex and the City.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-28-2005, 06:59 AM
My Amazon wish list is full of DVDs I want. Mostly boxed sets.
The main DVD that I wanted was Gilmore Girls season 3, I pre-ordered it and was dying waiting for it. It got here the day after it came out! Amazon is so fast, I love it. :)

smokey the elder
05-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Babylon 5, Band of Brothers, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, CSI (all 3 of them).

K9soul
05-28-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm glad others have seen Phar Lap. Most the time when I mention it, people have no idea what I'm talking about! Val, I watched that presentation the other day in the first link you provided, that was incredibly touching. This is another really neat site about him and talks about the movie some too, and plays a bit of the music from the movie (the opening credits music):

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/classical0/pharlap.html

Sorry to get semi-off topic here. But I sure do wish they'd release it on DVD, I guess if I had to name a favorite movie, it'd be this one, because no other movie has moved me so much and I've watched it countless times. The soundtrack is just breathtaking. The movie really did stay very true to the real events too.

edit: Really off topic but since I was talking about it here, thought I'd just add this in here. I got one of the tracks to the movie working on my memorial page (it's very beautiful). I think you have to have quick time for it to run but hopefully it works (it works for me!) And yes, I really need to clean up that page and make it flow better, I've been meaning to put the pictures and quotes on a separate page.. just hard for me to sit at the computer for long periods like I used to :(.

Memorials (http://www.doordolt.com/jess/memorials.html)

petslover
05-28-2005, 11:10 AM
All the Gilmore Girl Seasons & 7th Heaven Season 2

moosmom
05-28-2005, 12:02 PM
The first year's showing of Family Plots.

cloverfdx
09-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Bumping this back up again ;).

I finally got a copy of Girl - interrupted on DVD for $10, i dived on it so fast. And i was also wanting series 1 of Little Britain and i got that a couple of weeks ago, it is great.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by KBlaix
My Amazon wish list is full of DVDs I want. Mostly boxed sets.
The main DVD that I wanted was Gilmore Girls season 3, I pre-ordered it and was dying waiting for it. It got here the day after it came out! Amazon is so fast, I love it. :)

How odd that this resurfaced now. Gilmore Girls season 4 came out today, I pre-ordered it awhile ago and hope to get it in tomorrows mail.

mina'smomma
09-27-2005, 11:54 AM
All three Gidget movies, the seasons of Gidget and all the Charmed seasons

Husky_mom
09-27-2005, 11:57 AM
ALL CSI Seasons, ALL LAW AND ORDER, LOST, SIMPSONS, SNOW DOGS, and anything that includes WOLVES, HUSKIES

ParNone
09-27-2005, 12:01 PM
I just finished the 1st Season of The Doris Day Show, so I can't wait for Season 2 to come out. There is the most gorgeous Old English Sheepdog named Lord Nelson in it.

I'm now in the middle of watching the 1st Season of Lost. When I finish that up, the next on my list is 1st Season of Desperate Housewives.

Par...