PDA

View Full Version : Curious about the outcome for the tux?

catnapper
05-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Hubby told him today after we picked it -- HIS choice, not mine.

Anyhooooo.... my son just rolled his eyes and said he LIKES IT! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Guess yellow looks different in the store than at home :p He'll never admit we were right, but he looked SO proud when he brought the tux out to show his girlfriend. His GF is thrilled and she thinks it is beautiful.

I have the flowers and I just have to arrange them -- white roses with yellow lilies and yellow snapdragons. (I'll keep the lilies away from the cats - I promise!) I am considering adding our HUGE white irises that have a purple ruffle on the outside. It'd be a nice contrast to all the yellow, but not sure if I want to break up the "theme". BTW, they decided on a bouquet because its less combersome than a corsage and she can just leave it on the table when they are dancing. From what I hear, most kids are doing wrist corsages this year. I dont care - I'd rather make a bouquet anyhow. What's the "look" for proms regarding flowers - big or small? I have enough flowers to do 5 bouquets, so I can make it as big or small as it needs to be (then I get to keep the remaining fowers in a vase for myself! :D)

Thanks again for everyone's input regarding the tux in the first place.

NoahsMommy
05-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Glad he "saw the light" ;)!

I had a wrist corsage, so I'm not sure on the bouquet thing. I'd say small, like a nosegay...

:)

caseysmom
05-27-2005, 06:04 PM
I have no clue but I am thinking small...more for you to enjoy...glad everything worked out......we will expect pictures!

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 06:16 PM
See there? All that worrying for nothing. I'm glad he likes it. It will make for a much happier experience. I envy those that get to go to prom. I never had fun like that in school. Someone needs to start a thread where everyone can post the prom pics. I think that would be fun.

christa
05-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Go with the small boquet! I had a wrist one once and hated it! Always in the way . . . :eek:

Glad your son saw the light . . . ;) I knew he would!

Jadapit
05-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Teenagers, you gotta love them!:D They sure keep life intresting dont they? I'm glad it all worked out. I agree with Val, we do need a prom picture thread. It would be fun to see.

Jods
05-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm glad it all worked out. Make sure to get pics of him and his GF!

catnapper
05-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Of course you'll get lots of pictures... of everyone. Remember my daughter is going to the prom too!

I just did a search about prom flowers... wow... they are EXPENSIVE! I had no idea! The simplest wrist corsage was more than all the flowers I bought today! I did read that some girls like to wear some flowers in their hair, so I'll ask her if she'd like something simple for her hair.

Karen
05-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Yes, I think arranging something on a comb or barrette for her hair, then a bouquet - not too huge, but nice enough to carry, and then leave on the table. Wrist corsages can get itchy and annoying, in my humble opinion!

Oggyflute
05-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Being a teenager he will never admit to anything, but he's probably learned it's nicer to have a happy lady on your arm than an upset one.:D

Killearn Kitties
05-28-2005, 02:46 AM
:D Glad it all worked out well!

anna_66
05-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Glad to hear it all worked out, hope he has fun (and of course we'll be expecting some pictures;)).