PDA

View Full Version : Baby gates

CalliesMom
05-27-2005, 04:25 PM
After reading MoosMom's incident with her baby gates, I'm beginning to be a little doubtful of them. I was hoping to separate Whisper and Shadow when we move with baby gates so that W has the living room/dining room/kitchen/and laundry room while S would have the two bedrooms/study--half and half. Will the baby gates not work to keep the two separate? Are there any other suggestions to keep them separate?

Thanks.

catmandu
05-27-2005, 04:54 PM
THAT ONE THING,THAT MIGHT WORK,IS TO PUT UP,A SCREEN DOR,BETWEEN THE ROOMS,AND HOPE,THAT EVENTUALLY,THEY WILL GET USED,TO EACH OTHER,THAT WAY.I DONT THINK,THAT BABY GATES,ARE TALL ENOUGH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture396.jpg

jenluckenbach
05-27-2005, 05:32 PM
A door will be the only thing to keep them apart and a screen door is a fantastic idea. We made our own custom screen door to separate the fosters from the residents. It works like a dream. The only problem is that is should NOT have been screen all the way down. They could still se each other. I have since blocked their view with cardboard.

moosmom
05-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Callie's Mom,

The reason why Puddin and Parker got out was because I only had 2 gates stacked on top of each other. I never would've thought they'd have climbed them. I think if you have 3 of them stacked, that covers the whole doorway area.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Use THREE gates, not TWO.

LeahMM
05-27-2005, 05:37 PM
What we did is instead of stacking them right on top of eachother we left spaces small enough so the cats couldn't get through.

One on the bottom, middle and top.

Probably wont work for kittens though.:(

catnapper
05-27-2005, 06:04 PM
I owuld think installing inexpensive screen doors would be the easier way to go. Think about trying to set them up every day and then what if you need to run into that room for something quick? A screen door would look less cluttered too.

kimlovescats
05-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I owuld think installing inexpensive screen doors would be the easier way to go. Think about trying to set them up every day and then what if you need to run into that room for something quick? A screen door would look less cluttered too.

My thoughts exactly. I hate just the constant stepping over ONE baby gate all day ... much less having to take three down each time I go in and out! :eek:

CalliesMom
05-27-2005, 09:11 PM
A screen door is a good suggestion. We have made slight progress with them interacting as long as I WATCH Whisper constantly. If not, he attacks her...which lead to him getting scratched near his eye. She must have given him a good wolluping because he has been squinty for a few days. :rolleyes: I took him to work and he doesn't have a scratch or anything on the eye itself...he just looks like Popeye. It's horrible to say but he had it coming. :eek: Bad meowmie!!!!