PDA

View Full Version : How Could I Be So Dumb!!!

moosmom
05-27-2005, 11:11 AM
So, the two girls (Parker and Puddin) have been here 2 weeks. I decided to put the baby gates up so they could get to know my cats. How the hell was I to know that cats can climb 2 baby gates stacked on top of each other (over 6 feet).

I was in the living room when I heard this ruckus. MooShoo was on top of Puddin (I actually had a hard time telling the difference between Puddin and Shortie!!) and poor Moo got the brunt of it.

I pulled him off of her and she went for my arm. I have puncture wounds on my Ulna. My arm is also shredded wheat from scratching.

I get Puddin in the room and I hear ANOTHER loud ruckus. Parker and MooShoo fighting! :eek: :eek: I pulled Moo off of HER and rather than repeat history, threw a towel over her and put her back in the room.

I checked Moo out and it LOOKS like tiny puncture marks. I'm not sure though. They are spread apart about the same as teeth but not really deep. It COULD be just claw marks. I think I need to get him to the vet, as I don't want to take the chance of Moo getting anything from Puddin.

I'm off to the vet.

catnapper
05-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Whoops. they can be little acrobats when they want to! The little foster I'm babysitting this weekend is TINY and he's climbed to the highest point of everything in my house.

krazyaboutkatz
05-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened.:( I sure hope that both you and MooShoo will be okay. I also found out that babygates won't keep cats separated. Good luck at the vets and please keep us updated.

furrykidsmother
05-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Don't blame yourself. I am sure that MooShoo will be just fine. Please let us know how everything goes at the visit.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-27-2005, 01:01 PM
OMG :eek: !! That must have been very scary....:(

moosmom
05-27-2005, 03:35 PM
MooShoo is fine. The marks are nothing more than scratches. My arm hurts, most of it was scratched with one bite mark. But I put Hydrogen Peroxide on it the second it happened. I'm just going to keep an eye on it to make sure I don't get that red line thingy again. This is the 4th time I've been bitten.

*sigh* The baby gates are down and the door is closed. So much for THAT idea!! :p:p

catnapper
05-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Glad to hear nobody was seriously injured. Poor Mooo... he had no idea a kitten invasion was about to descend on him!

kimlovescats
05-27-2005, 07:18 PM
I wondered about the baby gates ... kitties can scale most anything! Glad to hear Moo is ok ... keep a watch on yourself though!;)

moosmom
05-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Kim,

Oh yeah, I've been watching my right arm all day to make sure it's okay. So far, so good.

catcrazylady
05-28-2005, 06:24 AM
Don't blame yourself Donna. It was a good idea but it just didn't work with those smart little buggars!
I'm really glad Moo is ok and I hope you stay as lucky. I know you have been there done that and I bet you don't want to do it again!!:eek:
Keep us posted

sirrahbed
05-28-2005, 07:37 AM
awww Donna - it *sounded* like a good idea and I would have thought it would work great!! Glad Moo is OK but sorry about your arm. Hope it is looking OK today. Take care.

furrykidsmother
05-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Glad to her that MooShoo is fine, take care of your arm.

QueenScoopalot
05-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Glad to hear everyone's alright after that ordeal! :eek: I'd measure the door frame, and go to Home Depot or a similar place and get a screen door to put up instead. But if you do, get a roll of hardwire cloth (like chicken wire, but squares) and staple it over the screen so they don't tear through that. ;) I think the doors are quite cheap. ;)

rg_girlca
05-28-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm so glad to hear that MooShoo is okay. Wow, that must have been a scary ordeal.

How is your arm doing today Donna?

moosmom
05-28-2005, 04:00 PM
My arm is okay. I've got alot of scratches that hurt and are red on the sensitive part of my arm. I'm still keeping an eye on the puncture wounds, though. There is red, but it's not traveling. Let's hope it doesn't.