PDA

View Full Version : chattering teeth??????????

LorraineO
05-27-2005, 11:01 AM
I could have posted this in health,, but its not really a health issue so heres my question.....

when we are tossing Merlins toys around for him,,, he will chatter his teeth while waiting for us to throw the toy for him,, its hilarious,,,, does anyone know why they do this or does anyones dogs do this besides mine?? you can actually hear them clatter too when he does it,,, too darned funny!

Logan
05-27-2005, 11:04 AM
The only time we have experienced the teeth chattering thing was after major surgery on Murphy's ear. It scared me to death! I think it was the pain meds that caused her to do that because she no longer does it. Murphy is 15 years old. She has NEVER chased a ball in recent years! LOL!!!! ;)

Maybe it's the anticipation that has Merlin chattering! :)

cali
05-27-2005, 12:49 PM
lol Misty does it when she is upset, she almost looks like she is saying "but..but..but..." lol

Twisterdog
05-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Some of my dogs do this. I have seen cats do it as well, when they are watching birds outside the window. My dogs do it when they are playing fetch ... or wanting to kill something, like a stuffed animal, a bird, a gopher, etc. I think it is a prey drive thing .... "I soooooooo want to kill that."

cubby31682
05-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Lol. Gracie does that too. She does it if I ask her if she wants to go outside, she does when company comes over, she does it if she wants to play, or if she wants food. It's even funnier when you do it back to them and they look at you like your nuts. :D When we got Gracie they told us that it's a doberman thing, but I haven't ever seen any other dobes do it. I love it though. It cracks me up every time.

senorita02
05-27-2005, 02:36 PM
He sounds so cute!
And yes, Face does that when he is waiting for me to throw his ball, or something it is like he is getting anxious and cant wait!

cyber-sibes
05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Rosie used to do it too, and sometimes she'd clack her teeth together when she was biting the air playing with Star! It is hilarious!

LorraineO
05-28-2005, 07:41 AM
well its good to know my dog isnt CRAZY!!! :D :D

Vette
05-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Dang.. ive never seen the 'chatter teeth' thing.. but it sounds really funny and cute. :D

veegan
05-29-2005, 06:25 PM
LOL my new girl does this too!!!! when shes excited and waiting for me to throw a toy! ITS SO FUNNY! Ive mentioned it to some friends and several of them have experienced the same. so dont worry, nothings wrong! ;)