PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

AdoreMyDogs
05-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi PTers! Just stopping by to say hi. I am going to try to make it back to PT every so often. I miss my friends here :)

Well I went threw some hard times in the past 1.5 years, but all the pets are doing wonderfully. I moved last year into a cute little house of my own with the pets, and I've been here for almost a year now. I am moving to TX next week, northern TX (Wichita Falls) and I'm excited but a bit nervous about the drive. It's about a 20 hour drive (or maybe a bit more since I need to walk the dogs at the rest stops every 4-5 hours) and Graham loves driving so he's no problem at all, but my dear Kersey still gets carsick, so she's going to be crated the entire trip. Mindy is fairly comfortable in the car, she is nervous and cries at first, but she relaxes after a short period. I will give her one small Ace tranquilizer. Minion, my poor little MiniMin, is horrified of cars, carriers, and change in general, so he's going to have to be heavily sedated to keep him from stressing too much. I am going to be giving him two 5mg Ace pills and it'll hopefully knock him out for at least most of the first day of the trip.

I'll try to stop by and say hi before I make the big move. I'm renting the U-Haul trailer on Monday the 31st and Tuesday (June 1st) morning I am hitting the road.

Any PTers from Northern TX? I know there were a few TX PTers but TX is so huge, not sure if anyone's in the Northern area.

Well I'll try to post again before I disconnect my PC. Hope you all are well :) Miss all my friends here :) Graham, Kersey, MiniMin and Miss Mindy all say hello.

Karen
05-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Have a good trip, and we'll be happy to hearthe "We're here and all okay!" message. Sweet nighty night, Minion, have good dreams and rest easy, it'll all be okay, Mom's just moving you all (y'all in "Texas") to new digs. It's not the end of the world, okay?

cloverfdx
05-27-2005, 08:23 AM
OMG great to hear from you. Boy have i missed seeing Graham and gorgeous Kersey photos and reading about them :D. Have a safe trip and i hope everyone settles in to their new home quickly.

Cinder & Smoke
05-27-2005, 08:54 AM
HI, Leslie!! :D

Drive Carefully ~

And GOOD Luck in Texas!!

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

PJ's Mom
05-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi Leslie.

I think, if you can get used to the heat, you'll like it here. At least you're moving to a part of Texas that has a winter. ;)

Good luck! :)

lizbud
05-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi Leslie,

It's great to hear from you again.:D I'm so glad that the pups
and kitties are doing well. Best of luck on your move. We'll be
thinking of you & waiting to hear an all clear when you get there.

Very best of luck on the move & kiss the kids for me.:D

Logan
05-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi Leslie!!! I'm so happy to see a post from you!!!! :) :) :)

Good luck with that move! My bet would be that you'll do just fine with your passengers on the move, but I know that is a long, long trip! Best of luck to you!!!!! :D

Make sure you check in when you can. We'll all be waiting and probably worrying a bit, mother hens that we are!!!!! ;)

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Leslie!!

You have no clue how excited I am to see your name here again!
Someone had accidently bumped up an older thread of yours and I was sssooooooo excited to see it then when I opened it I realized it was an *old* thread. :( But now this is for real!

Thank you so much for checking in on us and letting us know how everyone's doing. Good luck with the move and I miss you guys sooooo much.

Texas is closer to FL than Michigan. :D
I'm so glad to hear you'll be checking in with us more often. We need more of the "older" members to come back and start posting here again. It isn't the same without you guys!

Simba says he misses his Graham Cracker!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/pureme0w/graham.jpg

cloverfdx
05-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Oh Kay that photo is adorable, what handsome boys :D.

Dixieland Dancer
05-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi Leslie! I was gone from PT for a couple years and came back recently. I was wondering about you when I didn't see any posts from you. I hope the move goes well and once you are all settled in, we can catch up on old times. It sounds like you have had your hands full for the last year or so. I'm wishing you smooth sailing moving forward (or should I say southward).

Give all the pups (and kitty) a hug for me. :D

zippy-kat
05-27-2005, 12:56 PM
LESLIE!!!!

TX?! Now we're "neighbors!" lol
We'll have to arrange a meeting!

Wishing you the best! Hope to hear from you again, soon! :)

Cincy'sMom
05-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi Leslie!! it is great to hear from you!!

I have to admit I am work now, so I only got to scan through your post, but wanted to wish you the best of luck in Texas. I'm sorry we didn't know sooner...we could have thrown you a moving party and got to see those wonderful dogs of yours before you left the area!! I'm with Simba...I missed my Grahma Cracker too!! And that goegrous Kersey girl!!

shais_mom
05-27-2005, 06:29 PM
aawww
Hi Leslie!!
I think of you often and am so glad you are well!!!
Good luck with the move.... looking forward to hearing from you soon!

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Wow! It's been so long since we've heard from you. I wish you good luck on the move. Maybe when you get settled, you can load up a bunch of pics. It's been way too long since I've seen Graham.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-27-2005, 07:26 PM
OMG!!! Leslie!! I was JUST thinking about you the other day, you know, how are you doing, and where the heck are you? But now we know!:D Hope everthing is well!

Lots of love,
Sarah and Sadie:)

Rachel
05-27-2005, 08:56 PM
LESLIE, I can't believe it! Like others who have already said this, I think of you so often and of course the most wonderful Graham. Hannah will just collapse when I tell her you posted and mentioned him. And Tucker never has found another Buddy like his Graham Buddy.

My, what an adventure you are on. How does your Mom feel about you moving so far away? If you can log on line during your trip, please let us know how it is going.

Hugs from all of us. You know we love you.

RobiLee
05-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Hello Leslie! It is so great to hear from you. I wish you the best of luck with your move. It must be quite scary and exciting at the same time.

Please check back in when you can.

Robin :)

AdoreMyDogs
05-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the nice words, everyone :) I really do miss you all. Anyone near Wichita Falls, TX from PT? I'll have to post some pics of my babies when I get there, and I will have no way of connecting during my trip. I don't have a laptop, just my tower, and it'll be snug as a bug in a rug in my U-Haul trailor :) I'll take my camera tho, so I can post some pics of my car with the critters. I hope the cats wont try to dart out of the car when I stop to take the dogs out for walkies at the rest areas. They will be loose in my car with a couple litter boxes. I doubt Minion will because he'll be pretty heavily sedated, but I sure hope my little Miss Mindy doesn't try to. I'll just have to give her an extra seditive if she attempts it.

I'm quite excited about the trip and about being in TX, but hope the HOT, HOT summers aren't too much :) I sure won't miss the Michigan winters, that's for sure!

Well I'm off to run some errands. I will try to post some recent pics of the babies. *hugs* to you all!

-Leslie

RobiLee
05-28-2005, 10:03 AM
I can't wait to see pics of all your furbabies! If I remember right you kind of left not too long after I joined so I didn't get to know your furkids too well. I did get to meet you at one of the Findlay get togethers and I remember your dogs being so well behaved and I thought they were awesome.

Have a very safe trip! Make sure those kitties behave themselves and that they don't go anywhere when you stop for the doggies.

I'm wishing you a very safe journey.

Robin :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs

I hope the cats wont try to dart out of the car
when I stop to take the dogs out for walkies at the rest areas.

They will be loose in my car with a couple litter boxes.

:eek:

Ohhhh, think Twice about the "loose" cats in the car, Leslie.

Boots (da Kat) was a "frequent flyer" in the car when he had his
"plummin problems" a couple years ago -
an even with his Cone Head on - he managed to do his DartMan
exit more than once!

At the very least I'd suggest a Collar and a length of heavy String or Cord
attaching them to a seat belt ... the cats may roam a bit and *snarl*
their tethers around EVERYthing (Cinder & Smokey often looked like
they were the calf roping target in a rodeo with the Cat Rope wound
around them) - but Da Kat never managed to get more than a foot or two
outside tha car before he "ran outta rope"!

Even afer he calmed down in the car, Boots still ALWAYS wears a
six foot heavy string on his collar - and I always have hold of it
before I open a door or try to move him.

You might feel a bit less *stress* on the trip - knowing the Kitties
can't *dart* very far with their strings attached!

Drive Safe!

{{{hugs}}}

/s/ Phred ;)

K9karen
05-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Oh My Gawd! It's Leslie! We must be a psychic lot because I was thinking about you the other day too! I came across an old thread I printed out when Graham-ster fell from the balcony! Wow! I can't tell you how much I've missed you! Kayann's right, it'd be great to have some of the illusive "oldtimers" back! Best of luck in your new endeavor and have a safe, uneventful trip! Keep that camera snapping!!! Can't wait to hear more from you! {Hugs}

Pam
05-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Oh Leslie your post is a sight for sore eyes!!! I can't tell you how many times I have thought of you and your four furries. I, too, have been away from PT for a few months but do stop back every once in a while. I was happy to see the return of Dixieland Dancer and now the thought of seeing more of you puts a big smile on my face. How is dear little Cassie doing these days? I think of her often too. She was one of the first puggilies I fell in love with here at PT. I hope to see more of you and your crew and hope that you enjoy your new home in Texas. Now that is going to be *climate shock* for you! ;)

Kfamr
05-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:eek:

Ohhhh, think Twice about the "loose" cats in the car, Leslie.

Yes, please do Leslie.

I've heard horror stories from the people at the Humane Society.
People would be so excited to have a new cat, they'd take it out of the cardboard box they recieved it in. The cat would get spooked by something and would run under the petals in the car. The people were unable to break and got a a horrible accident.

I'd keep them in travel crates, if not a cardboard box with holes poked through, of course. And only allowed to come out when the car is stopped.

anna_66
05-30-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm always late for everything around here:o

HI LESLIE!!! It's so awesome to hear from you:D

Funny how I was just thinking about you yesterday (we had a meeting in Findlay) and now here you are! I'm sorry to hear you'll be moving so far away (won't get to see you if we come to Michigan again:().
I do hope you trip goes well with all the furries. I'm sure they will all be on their best behavior and I hope Kersey doesn't get too sick.
You say your going to post pictures? Did I read that right? I sure hope so!!!!! I'll be patiently waiting:D

ramanth
05-31-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey Leslie!! Wow! Andy and I were just thinking of you. He wanted to know if I had your address so we could invite you to the wedding and now you're moving to Texas!!

I'm so happy to hear that you and all the pets are well. I'll miss seeing you and the pups, but I wish you luck with your latest endevour.

If you're ever back in the area, drop a line. :)

And I'll want your new addy.

*HUGS*

wolf_Q
05-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Nice to see you again Leslie! I hope the move to Texas goes well. I also hope we get to see pics when you get settled in!

Vermontcat
05-31-2005, 01:12 PM
It's nice to hear from you again. I have missed seeing photos of your sweet babies.
I hope you can post some new photos of them for us once you're settled in Texas.
I just love Graham's laughing smile.:D

aly
06-02-2005, 10:37 AM
I just had to hunt this thread down after seeing Rachel's update on your drive, Leslie! I can't believe I missed it! It is so great to hear from you again!

Witchita Falls in about 5 hours from me (I think? At least according to mapquest). Dallas is in between us - 3 hours from me and 1.5 - 2 hours from you (I think!) so maybe we can meet up sometime! I've always desperately wanted to meet you, Graham, Kersey, Minion, and Mindy!

delidog
06-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Any Word from Leslie yet???
Did you make it alright?????

Rachel
06-11-2005, 02:32 PM
She made it okay but had a lot to do before she could get her computer up and running. I would expect we would hear from her fairly soon.

Pam
06-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Leslie I can't wait to hear from you! You have landed right smack in the middle of Pet Talk Country. If I had to guess I would say we probably have more Texan PTers on the board than any other state. Check in when you can. :)

sabies
06-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Leslie, hope your trip went well. Great to hear from you again. What a big move from Michigan to Texas!

AdoreMyDogs
06-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Hi all...just checking in quick, internet is acting weird so I may lose connection at any time so I'll make this quick. The trip went really well, although towing a 12' trailor with a minivan 1300 miles isn't something I suggest you do if you can at all avoid it :D

The trip was really uneventful, thank goodness. It is scary to tow a trailer though. The dogs did wonderfully, I stopped about every 4 hours and took them for a potty break. The kitties did well, although it was hard on me to see them so sleepy from their sedatative. The kitties stayed in a crate with a litterbox and a nice cushy bed inside it. They had plenty of room and I didn't let them out for even a moment on the two day trip. Every time I stopped to let the doggies out for a potty break, I put a dish of water in for the kitties but they didn't eat, drink or use the litter box the entire time they were in the car. They did finally use the litterbox, eat and drink when in the hotel room though.

Texas is great, with exception to the bugs...eek I am just totally eaten alive by mosquitos! Second day here we had a tornado warning and I had to go to a cellar for the first time in my life. Then during the tornado warning it started to hail...so my car has officially been welcomed into TX with hail damage!!!!! :D It's ok I really don't like my car anyway hehe.

I will try to post more later when we get this internet situation figured out. I think we need to rewire a phone jack, hopefully that will fix our unstable internet. Anyway, thanks for updating everyone, Rachel :) I'll update more when I can.

lizbud
06-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Leslie,

So glad you all made it just fine. Towing a trailer with a minivan
halfway across the country (with 4 pets), wow, you're my hero.:D

Hope you get all situated soon & just relax and show pics.:D

p.s. Sorry about the "skeeters".:(

Cincy'sMom
06-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Glad to hear you made it safe, Leslie!!

aly
06-29-2005, 10:47 AM
WELCOME TO TEXAS, Leslie :D

The mosquitos are pretty bad here, and so is heartworm unfortunately because of that :( And maybe I should not tell you about the scorpion I caught a few weeks ago, hehe.

Glad you made it safe and sound! Can't wait until you have a stable internet connection!

ramanth
06-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Glad you made it safely there Leslie! Lots of hugs for Kersey, Graham, and the kitties.

We missed you at the dog park.
*hugs*

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Welcome to Texas! Up until April, I was close to you! Now, I'm 16 hours away. Figures. ;) Yeah, I don't miss the hail, but, seems like the mosquitoes followed me here. Glad to hear the trip was basically uneventful. Mine was, too, although considerably less crowded (as it was just me and Finn) and a few hours less, too. ;) Enjoy the hot texas summer!