PDA

View Full Version : **snow**:(

gkristian
05-27-2005, 06:51 AM
last night was very cold so when i woke up this morning i thought there might be a little bit of frost oustside, and there was, but when i looked out of the kitchen window the mountain was covered by snow. later when i switched on the local news it said that it was down to 400m level. we had a light snow fall a couple of weeks ago, but it only lasted for a day or so. i think that we are going to have a long cold winter.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/gkristian/Mt.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-27-2005, 09:07 AM
How very weird. We on the other side of the world are just getting used to spring and warm weather, and you're hunkering down for winter. Unfortunately thoughts of our past winter are still alive in my brain and your picture really just made me shiver. Think I'll have to go out for lunch today and enjoy out balmy 70 degree weather because I know our winter will be back way too soon. :)

smokey the elder
05-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Wow! I guess you're getting close to winter.

cloverfdx
05-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Wow! I guess you're getting close to winter.
Yep only about 2 weeks away :D.

That photo is gorgeous. I hope we get snow here this year, not that it ever settles we just get little flurries :(.

It was 6 degree's at 7PM last night, must be about 2 degree's out now.

slleipnir
05-27-2005, 02:05 PM
I didn't realize you were from Australia at first...I was like "winter...?!" haha...crazy!

cookieluver7
05-27-2005, 03:48 PM
That is really weird. Before I saw you were from austrailia, I thought that it was like summer and had snowed. I hope your winter isn't a very cold one, but be sure to enjoy the snow while it's there.:):):)

Toby's my baby
05-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Eww... snow, lol jk. Snow is so pretty! I hope you have a good winter, while we are injoying our summer! :) :p

gkristian
05-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by cookieluver7
I hope your winter isn't a very cold one
During the day it doesn’t usually get that cold. It doesn’t do below zero, but it get very cold at night.

MariaM
05-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Toby's my baby
Eww... snow, lol jk. Snow is so pretty! I hope you have a good winter, while we are injoying our summer! :) :p

If only! It's so cold here and we've had maybe 10 days of nice weather since last August.

gkristian
05-27-2005, 07:26 PM
WHEN I LOOKED AT THE MOUNTAIN THIS MORNING THERE WAS MORE SNOW. IT WAS ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM. (TO THE 100M LEVEL)

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 07:31 PM
I can't help but to be jealous.
Florida's weather rarely gets cool, it's always hot and humid. :( Please send some snow our way. Sure would make a mark in history if you did! ;)

slleipnir
05-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I can't help but to be jealous.
Florida's weather rarely gets cool, it's always hot and humid. :( Please send some snow our way. Sure would make a mark in history if you did! ;)

You give snow too much credit lol! I odn't think I'd care if I never had winter again :o -sends it to florida-

chocolatepuppy
05-27-2005, 09:03 PM
I love snow, but only in the winter! ;) It seems funny talking about snow now, I really never thought it got that cold in Australia! :o

Oggyflute
05-27-2005, 09:22 PM
I love Tasmania, and have enjoyed my visits there a lot, but to be honest I've only ventured down there in summer. Sydney is cold enough for me in winter.:)

Suki Wingy
05-27-2005, 09:23 PM
I love snow too!

cocker_luva
05-28-2005, 12:32 AM
thats crazy

cloverfdx
05-28-2005, 03:45 AM
I love Tasmania, and have enjoyed my visits there a lot, but to be honest I've only ventured down there in summer. Sydney is cold enough for me in winter.
Hehe i was wandering around sydney in a Tshirt last Winter, i love Sydneys Winter (Urgh i wanna move to Sydney :( ).

It was freezing at the park tonight, the dogs were going nuts running though so i guess they liked it.

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Wow, it seems weird that the southern hemisphere is now beginning winter!!!:eek: :D I'm all hyped up for summer right now!! lol:D