PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Dominique...

Glacier
05-27-2005, 04:33 AM
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I write this post. Somehow between 9:15pm tonight (May 26) when I left the house and 11:00pm when I returned, Dominique got outside. I don't know how and it matters not for I can not change the outcome. She was killed by one of my dogs. It is my worst nightmare come true. Which dog is irrelevant and I don't have a clue. She was not badly mauled, but had a fatal injury to her neck. She died quickly and painlessly.

Dominique was always the most dog friendly of my cats. She loved the dogs. I was always afraid it would be her undoing and I did my very best to protect her. Please forgive me for failing this one time.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/cats%2005/dominique_sun.jpg
I love you little princess. I will miss you forever. I'm so sorry I wasn't here to protect you and save you. I will never forgive myself, I pray that you are safe and happy at the Bridge.

Godspeed, tiny Dommers.

jenluckenbach
05-27-2005, 04:51 AM
OMG, I am SO sorry. :( RIP lovely Dominique.

chocolatepuppy
05-27-2005, 06:11 AM
Glacier, I'm so sorry about Dominique. :( May he Rest in Peace.

Killearn Kitties
05-27-2005, 07:07 AM
:( What a horrible thing to happen. I'm so sorry.

Rest in peace, beautiful Dominique.

Maresche
05-27-2005, 07:56 AM
:( Play hard at the RB Dominique!

moosmom
05-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Glacier,

Please do NOT blame yourself. It was a freak accident.

RIP beautiful Dominique. Know that you were loved. :(:(

Karen
05-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Rest in peace, Dominique. You're a lovely kitty, you send your mom some healing thoughts now, and let her know it's all right. It was a terrible accident, and no one's "fault."

One more Tuxie at the Rainbow Bridge - I'm sure Cataholic's Texas will greet you and show you around, okay?

catmandu
05-27-2005, 08:40 AM
SADLY,EVEN WHEN CATS,AND DOGS ARE FRIENDS,THEY MAY HAVE BEEN PALYING,AND ACCIDENTS,CAN HAPPEN.IF THEY WERE GETTING ALONG,THERE WAS NO NEED,FOR YOU TO WORRY.BUT I GUESS,YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP THEM SEPERATED.
DOMINIQUE,WILL HAVE A DAY,IN HER HONOR,AND SHE WILL JOIN,THE PET TALKER ANGEL ARMY,NOW,VACACTIONING IN BRUSSELS BELGUIM.SHE WAS A GOODCAT,AND SAYS,NOT TO BLAME YOURSELF,AND YOU WILL SEE HER AGAIN,ONE FINE DAY.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-27-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Dominique's passing. I remember you showing pics of her with a few of the dogs and saying how she just loved them. So sad that one of them misunderstood her friendly advances. :(

RIP sweety. :(

Glacier, like Moosmom says, please do not blame yourself. We all do the best we can for our kitties and sometimes things just happen - it's no one's fault. Know that she is happy and healthy at RB now, making friends with all the doggies there.

smokey the elder
05-27-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm so sorry about Dominique. {{Hugs}}

Queen of Poop
05-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Glacier, please don't blame yourself. Accidents happen and the burden of guilt will not bring sweet Dominique back. The RB is a much enlivened place today with the arrival of Dominique. You will see your sweetie pie again one day. I'm so very, very sorry.
:( :( :(

kuhio98
05-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Glacier, I am so sorry for your loss. I have lit a cyber candle in Dominique's memory. I am so, so sorry.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/images/candle_tiny.gif

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?cid=706535&s=v&l=ENG

jazzcat
05-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Oh Glacier, I'm so sorry. Like the other's said, please don't blame yourself.

Rest in Peace sweet Dominique. You will be missed.

:(

Cinder & Smoke
05-27-2005, 11:49 AM
:(

{{{Hugs}}} Glacier ~

Rest In Peace, Dear Dominique.

Originally posted by Glacier

Dominique was always the most dog friendly of my cats.
She loved the dogs.
I was always afraid it would be her undoing and
I did my very best to protect her.
Please forgive me for failing this one time.

Godspeed, tiny Dommers.

I often wonder if I should "worry" more about Boots (da Kat) ...
I swear he wouldn't do well out in the "real world" ~

At least twice a week he just *begs* the Dawgs to >chase< him!
He'll walk over to one (usually Cinder) and *S*T*R*E*T*C*H* as
if to offer the invitation -
(I think he might >blow in her ear<, too) :rolleyes: -
Then he >dashes< off down the hall - the Dawg in Hot Persuit!

It's always over before I manage a lame "QUIT dat!" ...
Da Kat doesn't even bother to jump in the tub anymore!
Cinder returns and *peeks* sheepishly into the living room as if to say:
"HE started it! I wuz sleepin an mindin my own business!"
Da Kat is right behind and usually *flops* in full view of everyone
to take a bath with his back turned to the Dawgs.

Don't beat youself up, Glacier -
You would have prevented this if you could have!
Dominique is probably leading the Dogs at the Bridge
on a merry chase right now!

{{{Hugs}}}

/s/ Phred

kittycats_delight
05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
I read this thread earlier and just couldn't respond as I didn't know what to say. I just feel so bad for you and the guilt you feel over the lose of Delightful Dominique. She was a beautiful girl and so loving by the sounds of it. Don't balme yourself. I know that is hard as you feel you let her down but it was just her time to go. I hope that you will realize you are not to blame. And remember Dominique is now at RB with all the other special angel pets. She is happy and healthy and doesn't blame you one bit. She knows you love her and she loves you. She will remember all the happy times and say to all the other kitties she has the best family in the world. She will wait for you until one day she can jump into your arms and give you kisses and tell you herself it was not your fault.

Rest In Peace Sweet Gorgeous Dominique.
You are missed and loved.

furrykidsmother
05-27-2005, 01:12 PM
What a terrible thing to happen, but please don't blame yourself. It was an accident. RIP sweet Dominique and enjoy yourself at the RB, you will be happy and healthy there.

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 08:15 PM
I am so very sorry. Try not to be too hard on yourself, though I probably would do the same. There are no words to heal your pain. Time and memories will. Dominique, I'm sure, has forgiven you. You take such good care of all your animals. They all know they are very special and loved. Dominique is looking at you from the RB and missing you as much as you miss her. I hope you can find some kind of peace from us here.

K9soul
05-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Glacier, I am so incredibly saddened and my heart goes out to you as you suffer this tragic and devastating loss. Please do not blame yourself. I know it's small consolation right now, but I'd just like to say that no matter how vigilant, careful, and protective a person is, accidents like this can happen. I just can't imagine your heartbreak right now.

Dearest Dominique, sassy, sweet, and beautiful girl, play with abandon up at the Rainbow Bridge. I know you and Hoodoo are romping together in harmony and will joyfully greet your Mom someday when she is reunited with you once more.

I'm so very sorry Glacier. Hugs and my deepest condolences go out to you :(

Jadapit
05-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh, Glaicer I'm so, so sorry. Please dont blame yourself. You can tell how much you loved her in your post. Like the others said, accidents happen. RIP sweet Dominique.:(

luvofallhorses
05-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Please don't beat yourself up about this. Accidents do happen, I am sorry I am at loss of words. :( I am sorry :( May Dominique rest in peace. ((((hugs))))))

CagneyDog
05-27-2005, 08:58 PM
RIP sweet Dominque.

I'm so sorry for your loss Glacier L:(...Please dont blame yourself

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Sweet Dominique, I know your family misses you. I'm so sorry, Glacier, that you're having to experience a loss such as this. My heart truly goes out to you.

RobiLee
05-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Oh Glacier, I'm so sorry. I wish I could find some better words but they escape me right now. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you at this very sad time. Please don't be too hard on yourself. {{{BIG HUGS}}} for you.

Rest In Peace, Sweet Dominique.

Robin :(

AlleyCat
05-27-2005, 09:58 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Dominique's passing. Play at the RB, Dominique, and give the dogangels there a run for their money! My condolences, Glacier.

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 10:51 PM
D arling kitty of my heart
O ther cats can't compare
M ommy loves you so
I n Heaven now
N o more tears
I 'll be just fine with all the loved PT souls
Q uite peaceful here
U ntil we meet again
E very breath I take, I'll remember you

Corinna
05-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Glacier , I too am sorry for your loss and are sending you a huge hug!!!

kimlovescats
05-27-2005, 11:08 PM
How very tragic. I am so sorry!:(

krazyaboutkatz
05-28-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about her passing.:( Please don't blame yourself. RIP sweet Dominique.:(

k9krazee
05-28-2005, 09:23 AM
R.I.P Dominque...:( I am sorry for your loss Glacier...:( :(

petslover
05-28-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

catcrazylady
05-28-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm so very sorry for you glacier. It is hard enough to lose a pet but tragic circumstances seem to make it even worse.:( Please don't blame yourself for what happened. We have all had cats bolt out of the door unseen. This was a horrible accident, nothing more.
GodSpeed sweet Dominique.

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Oh, I am so sorry about Dominique!!:(:(:( She was a beautiful cat, and seemed like such a wonderful companion! RIP sweet girl!!:(

rg_girlca
05-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
It is hard enough to lose a pet but tragic circumstances seem to make it even worse.:( Please don't blame yourself for what happened. We have all had cats bolt out of the door unseen. This was a horrible accident, nothing more.

My thoughts exactly Lisa.

I am so, so sorry on the tragic loss of your beloved cat, Dominique.
Gosh, this is such a shock, as just the other day I was commenting on your thread about pictures of your cats and how adorable your Dominique was.

May the precious memories of your beloved pet help ease your pain.

Rest in Peace dear sweet Dominique.

My heart goes out to you Glacier. ((((((HUGS))))))

CalliesMom
05-28-2005, 09:01 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

cloverfdx
05-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Oh no i am so sorry :(. RIP Dominique.

Valerie your peom is beautiful.

captain
05-29-2005, 05:39 PM
{{{hugs}}} to you across the miles.

I am so sorry .....

carole
05-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Glacier I am so sorry to hear of the tragic loss of your precious and beautiful kitty, I know how heavy your heart must be right now, and that you will be feeling the heavy weight of guilt upon you, but please try hard not to blame yourself, unfortunate accidents do happen, and we all understand the pain and anguish you are feeling right now, HUGS sweetie, and I hope we can all bring you a little comfort through this sad and awful time.

catnapper
05-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I am so very sorry. I had no idea she passed until I saw your other thread in General. Her paw print will always be on your heart.

LMM
05-29-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm so sorry about Dominique. RIP sweetie pie.

Barbara
05-30-2005, 05:27 AM
How heartbreaking!

Have a safe journey to Rainbow Bridge sweet Dominique.

lizbud
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Glacier,

I just read about this in another thread in General. I'm so sorry
about the passing of your sweet Dominique. :( May she rest in
peace.

slick
05-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Glacier,
I hope I'm not too late in sending you some prayers and good thoughts. I'm so sorry for the loss of Dominique and please do not blame yourself. Dominique is happy and healthy at the RB and is watching over you every day.

{{{hugs}}}
slick xo

manda_moo87
05-31-2005, 12:49 AM
Oh Glacier, I am so sorry to hear about sweet Dominique. Please do not blame yourself and know that we are all here for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

ramanth
05-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Oh Glacier!! How heatbreaking. :( :( I'm so sorry. RIP dear Dominique.

Please hon, don't blame yourself. *HUGS*

catlover4ever
05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Glacier, I am so very sorry for your loss. Please don't blame yourself, God sends us our very special "fur family". Sometimes it's for many, many years and other times it's just not long enough but God has a very special kitty angel with him now.

RIP Dominique, know that you were loved beyond what we can put into words. Play hard at the RB and say hello to all of our fur family that will be there to greet you and show you around.