PDA

View Full Version : So I have a guy issue.. what should I do?

CountryWolf07
05-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Okay, I am driving myself crazy over my friend Zack.. Anyways, I have to tell him I like him.. but I'm not sure if I should do that.. we've been friends for 2 yrs.. we clicked right away.. and became friends.. we met in class last yr in college.. yeah.. and he does things that makes me wonder, ya know, if he likes me back.. he laughs a lot around me, poke me/pick on me when he finds the opportunity to.. so, the other night, I fell asleep on the couch while watching tv with him, and he saw me dozing off, he poked me and I jumped up and he started laughing then I hit him for that... Haha.. He asked me how my family was doing.. how he wanted his mom to meet my mom.. hang out.. do something.. he asked me if I was doing anything for Memorial Day, so I told him I wasn't doing anything so I think we might hang out then.. he asked me if I remembered reading a little book with him at Starbucks the last time we hung out and we started laughing over it.. cause it had a lot of quotes that were funny about life. It's like he remembers a lot of things we do, and he'll ask me if I remember, etc. He doesn't really care what we do when we hang out as long we hang out.. he's always "I don't care" when I ask him what he wants to do.. He told he'll come to Kent and take me out on my 21st... and he wants to do that.. so that is sweet of him to. :D
So, the other night we hung out.. Watched American Idol.. and every commerical, he put it on mute so we'd talk.. I hung out with his mom and sister.. so they are pretty cool.. his mom knows me pretty well, though.. so later, he walked me to my car, and we stood there, and had an awkward moment.. then we hugged.. that never happened before. it's as if we didn't know what to say or do. So, if he doesn't like me back.. it's cool.. I'll drop it and move on.. it's simple as that.. cause he is a good friend to me and I don't want to lose him over that..

OR I CAN JUST LET THINGS "HAPPEN".. GO WITH THE FLOW, STILL.. and I've been doing that for 2 yrs.... and just keep hanging out with him... :)

moosmom
05-26-2005, 02:00 PM
OR I CAN JUST LET THINGS "HAPPEN".. GO WITH THE FLOW, STILL

You just answered your own question. ;)

Just be yourself. That is who he likes being with "YOU". If it's meant to be, then great. If not, you still have a friend.

lute
05-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
You just answered your own question. ;)

Just be yourself. That is who he likes being with "YOU". If it's meant to be, then great. If not, you still have a friend.
agreed!:D

LorraineO
05-26-2005, 04:31 PM
sounds to me like this guy has a thang for you girl,, and is kinda shy,,, My gut thinks he is thinking the same thing as you are,, hehehehehehehehehehe,,,, hang in there,,, keep calm and be yourself,,, and umm,,,, the next time he hugs you,,,, give him a lil peck on the cheek ,, see what happens,,,,, :)

Oggyflute
05-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by LorraineO
sounds to me like this guy has a thang for you girl,, and is kinda shy,,, My gut thinks he is thinking the same thing as you are,, hehehehehehehehehehe,,,, hang in there,,, keep calm and be yourself,,, and umm,,,, the next time he hugs you,,,, give him a lil peck on the cheek ,, see what happens,,,,, :)

Yep, I reckon that would work quite well. :)

christa
05-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Wow . . . sounds like a steamy romance in the making! I think some guys are just shy about making the first *serious* move! I made the first move on my hubby and the rest is history! Maybe if you start showing more signs of affection, he'll return them and it will speed things up a bit . . . touch him more . . . do you flirt? I was always the master of flirting, so I had no problem there. ;)

Good luck . . . sounds to me like he's into you . . . just my opinion though . . . MOST guys don't play games, so if he is into you, maybe he's just having a hard time expressing it or taking it to the next level . . . or maybe he's afraid that you don't want to risk your friendship. :rolleyes: Guys worry about stuff like that for some reason.

It's worth a leap of faith! He sounds great and sounds like the two of you would be great together!

Good luck!

joycenalex
05-27-2005, 07:23 AM
two years is enough time, make your move. if it works woo hoo, if not, it's time for you to let go of this guy and move on to another man who is ready for a serious relationship.

CountryWolf07
05-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Thank you for your replies.. I've decided that I'm gonna flirt more, get closer to him.. sit closer to him on the couch, etc. I don't know about giving him a peck on the cheek, cause I am too shy to bring myself up to do that... ;) Although it'll be hard, but I'll do it.. I have to before my chance flies out the window like it did couple times..

orangemm
05-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Just do a lot of different LITTLE moves, nothing major or dramatic (let HIM do the honors). Little touches, winks, shared jokes, thoughtful little things that he would appreciate.

It it was meant to happen, it will. Better that you take it slow & easy than rush it and feel unnatural.