PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks' big SURPRISE - proposal to Trisha Yearwood!

CountryWolf07
05-26-2005, 06:48 AM
Garth Brooks proposed to longtime girlfriend Trisha Yearwood onstage Wednesday night (May 25) at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, Calif.

Both Brooks and Yearwood were in tears after he knelt on his knees to make the surprise proposal in front of the crowd attending a ceremony to unveil bronze statues of 10 country music legends at Owens' club and restaurant. In addition to Owens, Country Music Hall of Fame member Merle Haggard was there for the statue ceremony and to join in a jam session.

Brooks and Yearwood first met while trying launch their careers in the mid 1980s. She was Brooks' opening act on his first major tour as a headliner, and he sang background vocals on her 1991 debut album. Through the years, she has sung background vocals on most of his albums. Although conflicts between their respective record labels have prevented them from completing a complete album of duets, their collaborations include "In Another's Eye" (a track from his 1997 album, Sevens) and "Squeeze Me In" (from his most recent album, 2001's Scarecrow ).

It's the second marriage for Brooks, 43, who married Sandy Mahl in 1986. They later became the parents of three daughters. Brooks cited irreconcilable differences when he filed for divorce in 2000. He moved from Nashville after announcing a hiatus from the music business to spend more time with his children in Oklahoma.

Yearwood, 40, has been married twice and has no children. Her 1987 marriage to Chris Latham ended in divorce four years later. In 1994, she married Mavericks bassist Robert Reynolds onstage at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. They divorced five years later.

During Wednesday's concert in Bakersfield, Brooks performed the George Strait hit, "Amarillo By Morning," and one of his own, "Friends in Low Places." Owens scheduled the event to formally unveil the series of statues created by Montana-based artist Bill Rains. Among those featured in the display are Hank Williams, Bob Wills, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, George Strait, Owens and Brooks.

http://www.musiccitydesigns.com/ai/inside-brooks-yearwood.jpg

PJ's Mom
05-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Is she pregnant? Maybe it's just a bad picture.

I always thought Garth and Sandy made a good couple. I don't know how I feel about Garth and Trisha. Rumor had it that they were having an affair so maybe that's why I hoped it wouldn't work out for them.

I've heard that they're really good friends, so I wish them the best. :)

Pam
05-26-2005, 09:49 AM
I hadn't heard that. Gosh, Kenney Chesney and now Garth Brooks. Country singers are all taking the plunge these days! ;) My favorite country singer is Alan Jackson and he's already taken. ;)

finn's mom
05-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Wow, I remember back when the two had hooked up when he was married to Sandy. It was a huge story! They've been friends for a long time, hope it works out!

ramanth
05-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Heard it on the news... congrats to them!

CountryWolf07
05-26-2005, 01:52 PM
No kidding..

Don't forget Terri Clark.. she's engaged to her road manager!! Craziness..

More pics of Garth/Trisha:

http://img224.echo.cx/img224/9969/r4970732407bj.jpg

http://img224.echo.cx/img224/4147/45345951fo.jpg

http://img224.echo.cx/img224/4830/45346035gf.jpg

http://img224.echo.cx/img224/5038/45346054fr.jpg

moosmom
05-26-2005, 01:53 PM

My thoughts exactly! But I wish them the best! I've always like BOTH of them.

Glacier
05-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom

I did a search and can't find anything mentioning her being pregnant. I think it's just a bad angle and she is quite a big girl. She's actually thinner now than she used to be. Maybe love's a good diet!

wolfsoul
05-26-2005, 02:20 PM
I love Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood! :) When I was little, my favourite song was "She's in Love With the Boy." I still listen to it sometimes.

lute
05-26-2005, 02:26 PM
CONGRATS to them both! i hope they live a happy life together!:)

kimlovescats
05-26-2005, 06:00 PM
It's another story like Amy Grant and Vince Gill.... good "Friends" for years ... then they both divorce, and "end up" together. I can't stand Vince or Amy at all anymore.... they both make me sick. I've always liked Garth and Trisha though .... so I suppose I am happy for them. They are human after all.

bckrazy
05-26-2005, 06:14 PM
wow. . Garth Brooks looks really old :eek: I haven't liked him ever since he released that album as his alter-ego. sooo wierd. I'm really not into Country music, but that completely made me dislike him.

I hope they're happy together, though ;) I've heard that relationships that start with two people having an affair, usually end with them cheating on eachOTHER.

Suki Wingy
05-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I heard on US99.5 this morning! I get all my celeb news there because I never turn it off!

todd
05-26-2005, 10:12 PM
its on the news right know

Logan
05-26-2005, 11:07 PM
If they are truly in love, which I think they must be, after 4 years, then good for them!!!!! And I love Amy Grant and Vince Gill, too. :)

Logan

Sassy_luvr
05-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07

Don't forget Terri Clark.. she's engaged to her road manager!! Craziness..

she is?!?!?! first kenny then garth and trisha now terri!!!!!:eek: :eek: this is so crazy!!!

CountryWolf07
05-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Sassy_luvr
she is?!?!?! first kenny then garth and trisha now terri!!!!!:eek: :eek: this is so crazy!!!

Yup!! It happened LAST WEEK, I think!