PDA

View Full Version : Betta Colors: Need HELP!

bckrazy
05-25-2005, 11:24 PM
:) Soo far, I know where I want to get my Bettas (bettatalk). . but I cannot decide between colors!! I LOVE BT's Blue Moon/Green Moon line, so gorgeous! However, I can't decide between getting Blue Moons, or Green Moons ~_~. .

http://bettatalk.com/images/blue_moon_ST_male_1.gif

THAT is a Blue Moon. . aren't they gorgeous!? A green moon has basically the same Butterfly pattern, except the coloring is emeraldy green. I love that green is a less common color, but I also love the blue/white contrast. What do you guys think?

LuvGold00
05-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Personally, I like the greens because you don't see a whole lot of green Bettas... But both are stunning! :D

bckrazy
05-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Kara, thats a lot of the reason I love green moons! I rarely see really emerald green Bettas :) and green is one of my favorite colors, next to purple!! I have all 3 new tanks set up. . just waiting for my fishies :D! I was going to order a reeaally nice shimmering green, super gorgeous Halfmoon BF boy and a compatible female this morning, but some one else just bought them :( . . now, she has quite a few Blue Moons and Green Moons up, and they all sound really gorgeous :)

LuvGold00
05-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by bckrazy
Kara, thats a lot of the reason I love green moons! I rarely see really emerald green Bettas :) and green is one of my favorite colors, next to purple!! I have all 3 new tanks set up. . just waiting for my fishies :D! I was going to order a reeaally nice shimmering green, super gorgeous Halfmoon BF boy and a compatible female this morning, but some one else just bought them :( . . now, she has quite a few Blue Moons and Green Moons up, and they all sound really gorgeous :)

Yeah, If I was in your place, I would get a REALLY nice pair of Green Moons. ;) ;) Just LOVE the green.
You should really join this forum:
http://www.fishforums.net
SOOO much information about Bettas, and the people there would LOVE to see pictures of your new guys. :)

bckrazy
05-26-2005, 02:42 AM
thanks Kara!! I've looked at tons of posts from TFF, everyone on the Betta board seems really nice. I just joined, now I just have to activate it and start posting =0)

ok. . so, I'm definitely leaning toward Green Moons. I started to re-think that because my parents prefer the Blue Moons. But, its not about what they think :p. . . I will keep everyone here updated and post pics when the fishies arrive!! :D

Also, I would really appreciate some (MORE) advice :). . there is a high caliber green moon, halfmoon male for sale at BT. however, he has a torn tail-tip from flaring. Is it worth it to buy the male, and will his recovery be quick and easy? Or should I just go for a HM green moon without any tears? :o I've asked you soo many questions, some of this should be obvious but I value your opinion a LOT

Vette
05-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Blue is my favorite color. but i also really like green. so id have issues too..LOL

chrissycat21
05-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I think both colors are beautiful! :)

Are you going to breed?

LuvGold00
05-26-2005, 03:53 PM
If you do frequent water changes his fin should heal pretty fast, I'd say within 3 weeks... I can already see some healthy regrowth on Chance my W*M rescue.
:)

bckrazy
05-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by chrissycat21
Are you going to breed?

well. . that completely depends on the Bettas, my time/money this summer, and I'll be talking with their breeder about it. I know it's a lot of work. I don't want to unless the circumstances are perfect for spawning :)! why. . do you want one? :p LOL

Kara, that's about the time I thought. thanks! I think I'll get the little guy after all :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-26-2005, 05:35 PM
I voted for the green moon only because green is my faovurite colour, but both are gorgeous!

bckrazy
05-26-2005, 06:06 PM
:) thanks for everyone's votes an input!! I just ordered my Green Moon pair ^_~. . unfortunately, I have to wait until next Thursday/Friday!! ack. I cannot wait :D I'll post many many pictures, you'll all be so sick of me by next Friday!

I also adoore blue moons, maybe I'll have to get one next. .

chrissycat21
05-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
well. . that completely depends on the Bettas, my time/money this summer, and I'll be talking with their breeder about it. I know it's a lot of work. I don't want to unless the circumstances are perfect for spawning :)! why. . do you want one? :p LOL

Kara, that's about the time I thought. thanks! I think I'll get the little guy after all :D

I would love one! :p :D

I was just wondering, though. The fry will be beautiful! (And if you have any extras, you might as well ship some over here, right? :p ;) )

bckrazy
05-27-2005, 01:44 AM
I will *definitely* take you up on that offer, Chrissy! ^_^ *if* I do breed, it'll be most likely be in August. I'll let you know about everything, it'd be so wonderful if my babies could go to such a nice home. They probably wouldn't mind the trip to Chicago ;)

flamepony12
05-27-2005, 08:46 AM
I voted green moon, because, like others said, you don't see much green on bettas! :) But the blue moons are gorgeous too!! Good luck! ;) I have a question, though... (for you or Kara..) When the bettas spawn, and you have the babies in the tank, (when they are juvies) don't the males fight? just curious. :p

bckrazy
05-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
I have a question, though... (for you or Kara..) When the bettas spawn, and you have the babies in the tank, (when they are juvies) don't the males fight? just curious. :p

yep, you have to seperate them into their own jars when the boys start displaying aggression. Usually the bigger males start doing it first, so I've heard you should just start separating them individually. They shouldn't be together past 2 months, I think. .

I can't wait to see my little betta babies. . . ugha. . one whole week :p