PDA

View Full Version : Dogs and Rolling

Cincy'sMom
05-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Spot is a roller...he loves to roll in the dirt, in the grass, on things that small good, or things that smell bad. I put on lotion, and he tries to roll against my legs. I wash the sheets, and he has to roll in them...

Do your dogs roll?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid129/pb17c6d235c32d0f5ca393e6e614acf72/f7cf89d5.jpg

On the other hand Sadie, rolls in very few things. She does like to roll in dead worms, after a rain storm :rolleyes:

Cincy does not roll in things at all.

Bigyummydog
05-25-2005, 10:47 PM
MAXIMUS' favorite sent is "DEAD" yucko !!!!!! And, he does do the wiggle on his back, when we're playing. Every time he's upside down, he has to sneeze. SPRAY!!!!:D

cocker_luva
05-25-2005, 10:52 PM
jesse just rolls in the grass to scratch her back

captain
05-26-2005, 12:06 AM
My two roll in every smelly thing ............... as well as the bed, the carpet, Ruby rolls on her toys .............. :D

Must be a "spotty" thing :D

gkristian
05-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Foxy only rolls in grass

joycenalex
05-26-2005, 06:09 AM
alex will roll to scratch his back on the rug, usually as he is waking up from a nap, maybe 4-5 times a week. angel duke, a golden rolled and 'swam' in the grass in the back yard everyday. i thought it was a golden thing:)

petslover
05-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Tiger rolls in anything that stinks. :rolleyes:

anna_66
05-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Well I have to admit my girls aren't too lady like, they roll in anything smelly:o :rolleyes:
But Bon on the other hand just rolls for the fun of rolling when he's playing!

elizabethann
05-26-2005, 07:38 AM
Fenway rolled all over a dead bat the other day! Gross! Let's hope he doesn't turn into a Vampire!

:D

cali
05-26-2005, 09:03 AM
after evry meal Happy runs inti the yard and stands rubbers her head and neck on the grass or snow then flips onto her back and starts rolling around lol its hilarious :p

ramanth
05-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Kia very rarely rolls in smelly things but when she does, she finds the most digusting thing on the planet. :eek: :mad: :p

4 Dog Mother
05-26-2005, 10:08 AM
All of my dogs will roll in anything smelly. Taggert and Pippi are the worst. Pippi will even roll in smelly dog poop! Can you imagine? Fortunately she is small enough I just hustle into the tub - I am hoping she is learning not to do that as she really doesn't care for baths!

With Christy's dogs here, Sierra is the worst. Last night we were at the Findlay Dog Park and Taggert, Pippi, Destiny and Sierra were all trying to roll in something - fortunately it was evidently something they could smell but we couldn't (we couldn't see anything either).

I have a great picture of Dakota rolling on the ground at Scooter's - I am at work now so I will have to post it later. It is really quite funny!

LeahMM
05-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Before our back yard was fenced, Niki would go next door and roll in hog poop. GAWD that was awful.

cyber-sibes
05-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Mine rarely roll on anything, but they did roll on something God-awful out in the woods a couple times! They like to roll on the grass at the Findlay dog park too - hmm, maybe there's something about that place..

beeniesmom
05-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Beenie gets her bath once a month.... and sistematically, when she all dried and smelling pretty, she wants to go outside.
The first thing she does is rolllllllll in the grass to get that "good smell" off her!!!

IRescue452
05-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Autumn likes rolling in the grass an it smells horrible. I can never see anything visible where she is rolling, not even some sort of weed, but I'm getting to suspect cat pee since the neighbor's unneutered cat is a wonderer. The other day a gave Sonny an olive (if cats like olives, Sonny hasn't heard), he left it on the floor and Autumn came and rolled in it. It's funny to watch but she knows I don't want her to roll in stinky stuff so she tries to do so when I'm not looking.

ParNone
05-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Don't think I've ever seen the Collies roll period, much less in something stinky. *gasp* How undiginified. ;)

Murph really doesn't either. In my towels or comforter are about the extent of it.

When we took Murph and Oz hiking with Idgie the Jack Russell, she found some really stinky poop to roll in, on the trail. I wasn't paying much attention, so Murph and Oz could have too. They both tip-toed around it. Good boys ;)

Here's Idj before we got her to the creek to clean her up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/ParNone/idj_poop.jpg

Par...

lv4dogs
05-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Nanook rarely rolls, especially now that he is old.

Raustyk on the other hand, she lvoes to roll in stinky things. This year it is poop, yup feces. She's rolled in poop like 5 times already in the past 2.5 months. YUCK

lizbud
05-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Smokey loves to roll in the grass. He'll follow his nose to one
certain spot and then slides down & rolls over & over. He looks
so happy doing it.:D Maggie not as much. Her roll is a more a
stretching out & laying on her back in grass while she looks around the yard. Very funny to watch.:D

Suki Wingy
05-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Nino rolls in the grass everyday, but that is it.

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by gkristian
Foxy only rolls in grass

Same with Blaze!:)

k9krazee
05-26-2005, 04:59 PM
My dogs LOVE to roll in anything stinky, dead or extremely nasty!

Vette
05-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Kirbys not much of a roller.. but sometimes he will roll around in the grass... and other other disgusting things he finds.. :rolleyes:

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Being a Dachshund, Tia LOVES to roll in the most disgusting things! Tango rolls around on the carpet just to scratch her back and Winston doesn't at all really...

K9soul
05-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Par, my collies never rolled in much either besides just rolling on the grass because it felt good, but they weren't rolling in a scent (it's easy to tell the difference). Willie used to love to rub up against cedar trees though. Tasha is my biggest roller, she loves rolling in anything with a strong scent, whether it be a fresh basket of laundry, pine needles, mowed grass clippings, or something dead/rotten :o. Tommy seems to mostly roll in icky stuff.

Unfortunately in the spring, because we have so many fir trees surrounding the yard and thus MANY birds nesting all around the yard, we frequently find baby bird bodies about the yard from young ones that don't make it or fall out of the nest too early. I always hope I find them before the dogs do, but the other day they found one before I did and rolled in it. I had to give an impromptu bath while struggling not to breathe and gag.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Molly likes to roll on the carpet when she comes in the house after being outside.. she adds her own 'sound effects' while she does it, too. :p She also likes to roll after her bath.

Like this..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/p2fd11906736be4dc1ddc6f62b1d9ef27/fae8f226.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/p5e78e93a518d965eadda1b0230b2d29f/fae8f0cd.jpg

Daisy likes to roll in everything, LOL. The grass, mud, carpet, while she's playing, etc. When we go to agility classes or the dog park she will literally go up to every single person and roll over on her back so that they can give her belly rubs. :o

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p46f68e81cbd516a0f4c3d251a3b400cd/f4571dbd.jpg

cyber-sibes
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Daisy's so cute!

*rub rub* belly;)