PDA

View Full Version : A little update on Pixel

rg_girlca
05-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Here's a picture I took of Pixel tonight.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/p393ba41d60a3cd14ee23ac25dbe70dc9/f3fa29e1.jpg

First off, I just want to thank everyone who replied to my other thread and I would like to make some comments on a few of them.

Jen, that thought did cross our minds in regards to little Willy, but for me it was only for a moment, as I just love this little tyke too much.

Jan, what I am going through right now is NOTHING compared to want you go through on a daily basis and with more than 1 cat to handle. I take my hat off to you girl. If I wasn't so emotional right now, this situation wouldn't bother me so much.

Debbie, if we all lived in the same neighbourhood, it would be a dream come true.

Gary, I know you would take this beautiful girl in a heartbeat.

Now, my main concern is that she has not gone to the bathroom since I got her last night around 7 o'clock. For those who have had scaredy cats before, is it normal for them not to use the litter box for a few days?

She wouldn't touch the cat food, wet or dry, so I gave her some chicken and she ate that. Thank goodness.

I saw the guy this morning while walking the dog and this guy just boggles my mind. Last year when his cats were kitties, he said that he had 4 of them. When I helped Pixel when she got hurt, he said he had 3 of them. This morning he tells me he has only 1 male in the house now, Pixel's brother. I asked him what happened to the other male and he said that his wife's sister took him about 3 weeks ago. I pray he has a good home there.
Anyway, this makes it easier for me with only 1 male left. I will be bringing them to my vet for their shots and spay/neuter.

The woman that contacted me last night sounds promising. She wants to come and see the cats and wants to know more about their temperament, so she can put them up on her website. She also said that because they are meezers, they should have new homes in no time.
Thanks to everyone for your concerns for this precious girl.

I'll keep you posted on what is what when the time comes.

jazzcat
05-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Good luck and bless you for being the kitty rescuer in your neighborhood!

kimlovescats
05-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Oh Lorraine, you are an angel for this kitty and her brother.
Thank you so much!

(HUGS)
Kim;)

Barbara
05-26-2005, 05:06 AM
I think Pixel may think the litterbox is not safe:( But I would lead her to it from time to time. I hope she'll get it.

Poor girl, she must be so scared. But she is so beautiful too. I suppose after some time you could find a new home for her.

(I hope that I never come in a situation to foster etc.- I would take them all.:rolleyes: )

orangemm
05-26-2005, 05:14 AM
Such a sweet innocent face she has...how could anyone treat her the way that they did? Anyone with a lick of sense knows that you do not feed a cat table scraps!

And, you have to wonder if she even knows what a litterbox is? We can only hope she had one before, but from what you said about her "owners", it probably was not very well-kept.

My heart goes out to her; wish -I- could take her in.

Keep up updated on how she is doing.

sirrahbed
05-26-2005, 06:17 AM
That girl is beautiful and is going to make a wonderful cat for someone - someone who will be aptient and give her lots of love. I think that being a meezer and gorgeous to boot - she will get a good home:)

Thank you, Lorraine, for taking such good care of her. Can you take her to the litterbox from time to time and use her paws to make scratching motions? That might help. Yes, they can "hold it" for a long time!:rolleyes: Maybe you have potty news to report already or soon:D

maybe a picture, too? :p

QueenScoopalot
05-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Ditto on the thanks to Lorraine for caring for those lovely kitties. Maybe if you take some 'used' litter from the main box, and place it in Pixel's potty she'll be quicker to use it. Probably just a case of nerves with her not going. ;) She is so lovely I'll bet she'll get a forever home fast. Can't wait to see her brother. ;) :)

furrykidsmother
05-26-2005, 09:54 AM
What a beautiful little girl she is, how can people be so thoughtless. Thank you for taking care of her. Please keep us posted.

catmandu
05-26-2005, 03:24 PM
I JUST HOPE,THAT SHE IS NOT CONSTIPATED,BUT I BELIEVE,THAT CATSCAN HOLD THIER POOING,FOR A FEW DAYS,I WOUD GET,A LAXATIVE,AT THE VETS,TO HELP HER,AND I THINK,THAT AFTER A DAY,OR TWO,SHE WOULD FIT RIGHT,IN HERE,AND BE PART,OF THE MEEZER MILE HIGH PILE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos641.jpg

RAGNAR,ALREADY LIKES HER!AS JOHNNY OLSEN,AND ROD RODDY USED TO SAY,PIXEL,COME ON DOWN.

rg_girlca
05-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice and concerns.

I was putting her in the litterbox from time to time and I would take her paw and scratch it in the litter.

She had me a little worried, because last night when I was in the room she went in and out of the litter box about 4 times, squatting but not peeing. I thought, great, she must have a UTI.
But the hubby told me this morning that around 3:30 A.M. she had made one big pee. YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!
He also said that she hadn't been in and out of her box today.
She is becoming more relaxed now, especially with the hubby, she is starting to eat more, so I am hoping to see a tootsie roll in the box, sometime today. She started to play a bit with Gary's catnip mousie.:D

She has an appointment at my vets on Sunday along with widdle Willy to get their shots. It's strange though, because here you have to wait 10 days after their shots before you can have them spayed/neutered. :rolleyes:
Then I will make an appointment in a few days for her brother to get his shots.

I'll get some more pictures of this beauty for you to see.

orangemm
05-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Maybe she's a really private little girl!? Poor thing, with her previous owners, who knows what went on?

She probably waited til she felt safe before she 'let go'; we'd be the same way!!!

jenluckenbach
05-26-2005, 04:47 PM
She is so lovely. She'll be snatched right up, I am ceertain. :D