PDA

View Full Version : Frontline and Puppies

Christiansmommy
05-25-2005, 01:04 PM
How soon did you put your puppy on Frontline? My vet gave me some to put on her already, but my breeder doesn't suggest she be on it until 6 months...i am torn as to what to do...what did you do for your young pups?

Thanks.
Robyn

beeniesmom
05-25-2005, 01:14 PM
I would listen to the vet.
If the vet said it's ok, than it is. By not treating the pooch you may get more than your fair share of worms. (puppy gets fleas, puppy eats a flea, puppy gets worms).

caseysmom
05-25-2005, 01:20 PM
I used it on bubba when he was very young and I didn't have any problems.

aly
05-25-2005, 01:24 PM
The vets I work for are extremely cautious about everything (they never even offered the Pro Heart injection because they were wary of it - thank goodness for that because they were right) but they allow puppies to be on Frontline and feel comfortable with it. We've never had any problems at the clinic or at the shelter with treating the puppies. We do have tons of fleas and ticks here in Texas though. If there aren't many where you live, then it might not matter so much if you wait. If you feel comfortable with your vet's recommendations, then stick with those. I just wanted to tell you that if you do treat her, it will be fine as I've never seen any pups have problems with it. The Frontline box and website even state that its safe for puppies.

K9karen
05-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey Robyn! Just bring Harlee back and I'll personally remove every tick and flea on her soft, precious body! Any excuse to have her eat me alive again! I also have more black nose to kiss off. Iwasn't finished when you left. Oh sorry..what was your question?

Giselle
05-25-2005, 11:43 PM
I believe the minimum age is seven weeks. Doesn't it say on the accompanying paper label?