PDA

View Full Version : Graduation notices....

catnapper
05-25-2005, 11:06 AM
HELP! I forgot all about ordering graduation notices for my son.... and he graduates on June 3rd. That means I have to make them up on my computer, which is not big deal, except I have NO IDEA what they typically look like or what they say. Anyone out there who knows? Anyone graduating that has them and cares to share what they say?

Lacey
05-25-2005, 11:09 AM
If you like, I'll try to scan in the one for my cousin's graduation when I get in from work tonight. :D

catnapper
05-25-2005, 11:37 AM
That'd be great! I would like to get these typed and printed tonight to send out tomorrow.

Nothing like waiting til the last minute :rolleyes: I'd be giving the kids a lecture right now if they did this same thing. Bad catnapper! :p

Lacey
05-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Alrighty then! I won't be in until about 7 tonight (due to an hour's drive from work and a desire to enjoy this absolutely gorgeous weather by doing a lap at the walking track), but as soon as I get in, I'll throw that puppy on the scanner for you. :D

The one I got from my cousin is in a greeting card format. Will you need to see just the inside or should I scan both front and inside?

catnapper
05-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Whats on the front? A picture or something? Gosh, I wasn't thinking about photos for the front or anything. Take your time and enjoy the day!

Lacey
05-25-2005, 12:30 PM
If I remember right, it was just "Graduation" in fancy text, and a border around the outside of the card, and inside was all the pertinant details. J.P. also enclosed one of his senior pictures, which I thought was a nice touch.

catnapper
05-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Ok, don't worry about the cover then. I knew they included a photo... gotta hunt down one where he looks good. You don't want to know what his "real" senior portrait looks like! He had a bad break out and his face is red and bumpy (NOT his normal look) and he didn't think about a suit jacket until the night before... his old one was inches too short so we borrowed one from the neighbor -- it was at least three sizes too big. LOL

I have a photo from Christmas that is GREAT of him, but if you look close, you can see the food he was chewing when the photo was taken :rolleyes: Anyone with photoshop who could edit out a wad of cracker? (just kidding... its really gross looking and I wouldn't want anyone to have to look at it to edit it out)

Samantha Puppy
05-25-2005, 03:02 PM
VERSE 1

The Senior Class
of
Rockville High School
announces its
Commencement Exercises
on Thursday, the sixth of June
two thousand and four
at seven-thirty in the evening
Indian Stadium
Rockville, Maryland

VERSE 2

The Class of
two thousand and two
of the
Rhinebeck Senior High School
announces their
Commencement Exercises
Friday evening, June seventh
at eight o'clock
Grant Street Stadium
20 North Grant Street
Rhinebeck, New York

VERSE 3

As seniors, we all have our own ambitions
our own kind of dreams to pursue
But wherever our separate pathways
take us,
we'll always be the
St. Cloud Class of 2004
Come celebrate our achievement
on Friday, the seventh of June
two thousand and four
at seven o'clock in the evening
High School Stadium
398 Greenboro Road
St. Cloud, Minnesota

Samantha Puppy
05-25-2005, 03:03 PM
And here are some professional samples you may be able to get ideas from...

Graduation Announcement samples (http://partyinvitations.cceasy.com/order/caspage1.cfm?page=1&recordsperpage=12&group=GRACasEnsDT26&menu=None&strcontinue=yes&strsearch=no&format=GRACasEnsDT26)

I believe most graduation announcements have either "Class of ____" on the front, or SENIORS with the year on there somewhere, as well as the school logo. Definitely include the year though.