PDA

View Full Version : A close call.....

tikeyas_mom
05-25-2005, 10:18 AM
I was driving the truck down my road and I spotted a husky looking dog.
I knew right away it was Buddy, a dog I see often wandering.
His owners tie him up all day, he isnt neutered, so of course he is going to wander...

I pulled over and Called him. He started to traut over to me, and then some jerk wanted to pass my truck and almost hit him.
I seriously screamed..
If that guy would have hit him I would have freaked out.

Poor buddy. He jumped right in the truck with me and I drove him home. He is just a great dog, they dont give him the life he diserves.

When I got to his house, I knocked on the door to tell the ownerd what had happened.. His owners wernt there so I just tied him in the back yard, I knew if I didnt he would just end up following me home like he always does..

I swear when I move out, and I see him wandering I will take him, and give him the life he needs... Its only a matter of time before someone takes him to the pound and he gets put down, or even worse he gets hit by a car :(.

I am so discusted by ignorant dog owners..

By the way, Buddy is a siberian husky/akita mix.

Here are a couple pics I took while one a walk with Tikeya a while back..

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/jynnelle/other%20dogs/fa5d6a8b.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/jynnelle/other%20dogs/fa5d6a9d.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/jynnelle/other%20dogs/fa5d6a99.jpg.

LorraineO
05-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Why would you take him back to owners who dont give a youknowwaht about him? Is there a no kill shelter or husky rescue you could contact instead?

tikeyas_mom
05-25-2005, 12:49 PM
No husky rescues around here, the closest one is four hours away.
I am not going to bring him to the local SPCA, they are a kill shelter, they pen up the dogs all day(walked once a day). He would not be givin any better of a life there.

Chances are he was adopted from my local SPCA in the first place :rolleyes: they dont screen homes good enough.
I want him to be safe and healthy. Right now he isnt safe, and chances are he isnt in the best of health either.

I really want to take him in, my mom does to. My dad would never alow it. I wish I was out on my own, I would take him in a heartbeat. He is the sweetest dog ever, such a loving nature, good with cats and other dogs. He is is the biggest suck up too.. I really want him to be with me..

LKPike
05-25-2005, 01:51 PM
are those just unfortunate photos of him or does he have an actual problem with one eye? :confused:

If you don't live within 3 houses of those people, I'd say go ahead and take him. I've never agreed with anyone "stealing" someone elses dog but its clear he doesnt look happy in those pics, obviously he isnt being taken care of right now.

LorraineO
05-25-2005, 03:57 PM
I am sure your mom sould be talked into taking a mere 4 hour drive to save this boys life??????? I know I would!!!!

Kfamr
05-25-2005, 04:02 PM
If your mother isn't willing to drive 4 hours and save his life, possibly you could look into getting a transport set up for him?

tikeyas_mom
05-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
are those just unfortunate photos of him or does he have an actual problem with one eye? :confused:
He has one blue eye and one brown eye.

lute
05-25-2005, 04:43 PM
he is such a beautiful dog!:eek: i hope you can get him out of this home and into one where he'll be loved!

K9soul
05-25-2005, 05:01 PM
It was really good of you to get him away from the traffic and try to contact the owner. He's a beautiful boy, and I truly hope he can get into a better situation than the one he is in. Have you ever talked to the neighbor any? I wonder if he'd be willing to give the dog up if a home could be found for him.

I do understand that an 8 hour (round) trip is not something everyone can simply undertake. For one, gas is incredibly expensive, and I know for me, I'd be afraid that my 19-year-old car would break down on the way. Some shelters also have stiff fees for surrendering an animal, especially no kill shelters. Perhaps you could try calling animal control for them to come out and have a look at the situation. Depending on the laws around there, the owner could get a stiff fine for not keeping his dog confined, not having him licensed or rabies vaccinated or that type of thing. Of course there'd be a risk then of them confiscating the dog and taking him to the kill shelter.

It's not an easy situation, I wish you the best in doing what you can for that pretty boy.

wolfsoul
05-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Depending on the laws around there, the owner could get a stiff fine for not keeping his dog confined, not having him licensed or rabies vaccinated or that type of thing. Of course there'd be a risk then of them confiscating the dog and taking him to the kill shelter.

That's a good idea. :) As far as I know, when animal control gets individual dogs, they adopt them out themselves. I'm not too sure. My cousin works at animal control, I could ask her. I'll bet the dog isn't licensed and that would mean the dog gets impounded until the owners pay the fine.

tikeyas_mom
05-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
That's a good idea. :) As far as I know, when animal control gets individual dogs, they adopt them out themselves. I'm not too sure. My cousin works at animal control, I could ask her. I'll bet the dog isn't licensed and that would mean the dog gets impounded until the owners pay the fine.

He has followed me home a couple times already and I have called dog control. He is licenced, and the owners are rich so they pay the fine with no problem.

Their house is HUGE, and they keep him outside all day free to wander. :(. I have spoken to a couple of the naibours about it, they dont mind him wandering because all their dogs do to.