PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Book

jesse_3
05-25-2005, 12:17 AM
What is your favorite book? For instence, mine is Mysteries of Animal Intelligence.

The Cat Factory
05-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Hmmm...I guess mine is the Lord Of The Rings trilogy :)

Oggyflute
05-25-2005, 12:56 AM
I have quite a few favourites, all in different genres, and I like them for different reasons. My study is crammed full of books, I have four large bookcases, and it still isn't enough to hold them.:D Some of my favourites include, The Belgariad- by David Eddings, The Lord of the Rings, I have a plethora of Star Trek books :rolleyes: , Bernard Cornwell, is an author I enjoy immensley, The Convict- by Felix Melani.

binka_nugget
05-25-2005, 01:20 AM
All my favorites are by Nicholas Sparks. I usually hate reading but I can not put his books down. I've read A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, The Wedding and The Guardian so far. They're all fantastic!

Vette
05-25-2005, 05:28 AM
Im not really sure i have a favorite book..
but Flowers In the Attic came to my mind right way. :D

sirrahbed
05-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Rebecca Wells series - especially _Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood_:D

the other two are _Little Altars Everywhere_ and _Ya-Ya-s in Bloom_

BitsyNaceyDog
05-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Hands down, my favorite book is Tara Road by Maeve Binchy. I've read it twice and I know I'll read it again in the future (probably several times over).

LKPike
05-25-2005, 08:15 AM
The Testament, but I love every book Sylvia Brown's written too :)

PJ's Mom
05-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Mine are the Dragon Prince/Dragon Star series by Melanie Rawn. :)

Suki Wingy
05-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Hmmm.... I cary around The Dog Show- 125 Years of Westminster. It has the history of every show and pictures, and then pictures and stories of every BIS winner since they started BIS.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Ninopup/other/dogshow.jpg

joanofark
05-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Where the Red Ferm Grows!!

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Lord of the Rings! (duh!):D

lute
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
my favorite book: The World of Great Danes

me? like a great dane book?:p

dukedogsmom
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
The Stand by Steven King. Second choice is The Green Mile

schteve_d
05-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Without question, it's "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay. "The Grapes of Wrath" may come in a close second, depending on my mood, but my favourite never changes!

Cincy'sMom
05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Too many to list!! I love to read!!!

jesse_3
05-25-2005, 10:47 PM
I have only heard of a few of these books...Lol!!

Where the Red Ferm Grows!!
joanofark, Where the Red Fern Grows is such an awesome book! I cried a lot though.

Im not really sure i have a favorite book..
Vette, isn't D.C. Andrews the author of Flowers in the Attic? I looked at that book and was going to buy it, but, I didn't have enough money with me at the time :( I'll have to buy it some time though

Thank you all for replying! :D

cocker_luva
05-25-2005, 11:08 PM
gone with the wind

Glacier
05-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by cocker_luva
gone with the wind

Oh, that's one of mine too! I loved the book and the movie!

I love all of Peter Gent's work, especially The Franchise. I read alot of Dean Kootz too. I also enjoyed " The Lovely Bones".

finn's mom
05-26-2005, 12:50 PM
I can't really think of just one, but, I love "Mountains Beyond Mountains", it's absolutely incredible. And, as for classics, I like "The Three Musketeers."

jesse_3
05-26-2005, 11:15 PM
These books all sound very interesting, I am still ahving a hard time knowing what some are about!

I like "The Three Musketeers."
That is a BIG book! I could never finnish it! lol!

kittycats_delight
05-26-2005, 11:51 PM
books ooooohhhh I love to read.
the Three Musketeers is a big book but well worth reading it is marvelous but then again anything by DUMAS is beautiful.

Favorite of all time I would have to say is "A Tale Of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens.
but there are a few close seconds....
"The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas
"The Phantom Of The Opera" by Gaston Leroux
"Far From The Madding Crowd" by Thomas Hardy
"Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoevsky

I also love
Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and The Silmarillion all by J.R.R. Tolkien
and I like The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.

I just finished Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and really enjoyed that which I didn't think I would like and I am also reading Moby Dick by Hermann Melville which I am not enjoying in the least. Oh well I guess everyone has their own preferences.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Eathier Canine Caper, , or Country Girl, Ciity Girl. :)

chrissycat21
05-27-2005, 08:00 PM
I love to read, I have so many favorite books! A few that came to mind where

The DaVinci (sp?) Code
Harry Potter
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (The hobbit, too)
Eregon (i just finished that, it is one of my new favorites!)

I love fantasy and mystery books. :)

K9soul
05-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Depends on what day you ask me :D. I tend to love historical fiction and some fantasy. I really enjoy Steven Lawhead's books The Pendragon Cycle (trilogy), and Byzantium. James Clavell's Shogun, Aztec by Gary Jennings (though very graphic, but an amazing novel), Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman, The Sunne in Splendor by Sharon Kay Penman, Mary Called Magdeline by Margaret George, Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry, The Song of Ice and Fire series (not completed yet) by George R. R. Martin, The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb, Jurassic Park and The Lost World by Michael Crichton, Congo by Michael Crichton...

I could go on for awhile. I read much more than I watch TV or go to movies. I read at least 2 hours a day, sometimes 4 or 5 :o

gini
05-27-2005, 08:17 PM
I just finished The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.

I couldn't put it down.............beautifully written.

Also, thanks for starting this thread............I am always looking for something new to read.

chrissycat21
05-28-2005, 07:03 AM
I also love the book Man 'O War by Walter Farley. I just had to do a huge book report/author study on it. It was a really good book!

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by chrissycat21
I also love the book Man 'O War by Walter Farley. I just had to do a huge book report/author study on it. It was a really good book!

That is a good book!!:) I also like Seabiscuit!:)

Suki Wingy
05-29-2005, 01:39 PM
My fav horse book is The Longest Shot; Lil E. Tee and the Kentucky Derby. I hope they make a book on poor Ferdinand.

Anita Cholaine
05-30-2005, 02:09 PM
The Lord of the Rings is great!!