PDA

View Full Version : 3 pet worms

jesse_3
05-24-2005, 11:51 PM
I just found three worms today drowning! I usually would just pass on by, but I couldn't leave them there! I brought them home and they each have their own cantainer. Their names are Snake, Slugger, and Sea-eel! Lol! I have actually grown attached to them! Any suggestions on how to keep them alive? Lol!

tikeyas_mom
05-25-2005, 12:04 AM
I think the best way to keep them alive would be to set them free in the garden :).

jesse_3
05-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Lol, sorry, I should restate this. How can I keep them alive until the storms are gone? We have had so much rain! I don't want them to die/drown:( That would be terribly sad.

tikeyas_mom
05-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Do you have an icecream bucket??
Full it with potting soil and some compost :D.
banana peals, apple peals, potatoe peals, etc.
that will make them big a fat ;)

jesse_3
05-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Thank you very much! I'll have to eat an apple tonight! Lol! The rain should be gone in a few days or so. Then they can be happy and free again!

jackie
05-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Have any of you heard about those compost worms you can buy and keep in a container under your kitchen sink or in the garage? You add all your edible household garbage, coffee grinds, tea bags, potato skins, etc etc. Then with the dirt they create you can add to your garden. What a great idea!!!!

QueenScoopalot
05-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by jackie
Have any of you heard about those compost worms you can buy and keep in a container under your kitchen sink or in the garage? You add all your edible household garbage, coffee grinds, tea bags, potato skins, etc etc. Then with the dirt they create you can add to your garden. What a great idea!!!! I typed "red wigglers" into the search engine, and there's lots of places that ship them for composting purposes. This site calls them "redworms":)
http://www.eco-gardening.com/docs/comp_livecompostingredworms.shtml?k=red%20worms
And another worm farm.....
http://www.kazarie.com/
I have lots that I come across and plunk into my compost bin. ;) And the turtles are indulged by some every now and then...yick.:o