PDA

View Full Version : Your most FAVORITE place in the world

*LabLoverKEB*
05-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Don't even get me started, I might cry I love it so much! (I know kinda lame, huh?) Right outside or Portland,Oregon. I love this place beacause this is where my ABSOLUTE favorite people in the world live, (Besides all of you, of course);) My cousins, Danny, Crystal, Breanna, Ben, Katie, Rachel, Seth, and little Jessica. I love them all sooo much! They live on a ranch trype thing. It's not really a ranch, because they don't really grow anythng. But they have 3 horses, and a few cown, tons and tons of sheep, and 3 doggies, Buddy, GiGi, and Zeke.

What's your favorite place in the world. Explain.

jesse_3
05-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, I haven't actually been here, but, it suits my personality...Northern Alaska! I LOVE the cold and I will be having my own sled dog team when I move out! I'm also hoping to adopt a couple of Icelandic horses, and I am willing to move more towards central or Southern Alaska for them! It is SO beautiful in Alaska though! It feel more natural up there!

caseysmom
05-24-2005, 11:31 PM
The beach! We have this place in california where we camp, we can hear the waves and the fog horn while we are falling asleep. I love it there plus I get to take the dogs.

K9karen
05-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Tahiti before it became commercialized and Australia! Love everywhere I've been in the USA but would move to San Diego in a heartbeat.

Oggyflute
05-25-2005, 01:02 AM
I've been around the world a few times, including Egypt & the middle east, US, Canada and south-east asia, to name a few. But the one place that I will always remember for it's stunningly beautiful vistas, is Yosemite national park. I visited it in winter, with the snow capped mountains and all. It was breathtaking. I strongly advise everyone to go there at least once if they can, without doubt one of the most beautiful spots in the states, if not the world.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-25-2005, 07:16 AM
My most favorite place in the whole world is Sodas Point, New York. It's a small section of Lake Ontario.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/other/CountyMap-700.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/other/nysmap.gif

I spent every summer there until I was 13. My fondest memories are of summers spent there. My cousin plans to buy a cottage there as it's his favorite place too. I can't wait until he does. I hope to one day take my children there and make new memories with them.

jennifert9
05-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by KBlaix
My most favorite place in the whole world is Sodas Point, New York. It's a small section of Lake Ontario.

I've been there!! It's very beautiful there. I'm from Syracuse, NY originally and it's only about an hour away!
My favorite place has to be the St. Lawrence River, particularly Alexandria Bay and Clayton areas. My family spent every summer there camping as kids and I go there as much as possible now!

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-25-2005, 08:08 AM
That must be the city of "Brugge" (Bruges)
It is such a beautiful and romantic city!!
Here is a link
http://www.brugge.be/toerisme/en/index.htm

LKPike
05-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Germany :(:(:( I ~do~ cry, kind of often, b/c I miss it so much.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by LKPike
Germany :(:(:( I ~do~ cry, kind of often, b/c I miss it so much.

What region exactly? I love Germany too!! We will be going to the "Mosel"-regio in July. I will take lots of pics for you, okay :)

LKPike
05-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
What region exactly? I love Germany too!! We will be going to the "Mosel"-regio in July. I will take lots of pics for you, okay :)
awwww The rooms going to be flooded with tears if I see those pics! :( ((Still I'd love to see lol)) I hope you and your husband have a safe and fun trip there :)

East/Magdeburg :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-25-2005, 08:34 AM
I hope you and your husband have a safe and fun trip there :)

Thank you so much!! Usually me make a vacation rather far away (last year we went to South Afrika and to Egypt); because of my health we didn't book anything this year.
We will be going to Germany just the two of us: our daughetr will be gone on a summer-camp, and our son will be working (and looking after the pets ;) )
So, the romantic Mosel is perfect hey ;) :D

ps. Magdeburg, isn't that is former eastern Germany?

Suki Wingy
05-25-2005, 10:00 AM
I don't have a fav place, I would like to explore first, as I have only ever been to 28 states and Mexico.

LKPike
05-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
I don't have a fav place, I would like to explore first, as I have only ever been to 28 states and Mexico.

lol you know 28 states is a lot to some people, ;) out of all of them you don't have a favorite place? not one??? :confused:

LKPike
05-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy

ps. Magdeburg, isn't that is former eastern Germany?

I believe so. its a large city, its easy to find :)

I moved back to Nashville May '04 to help my mother, I was supposed to move back to Madeburg August '04 but I met Les and .. :rolleyes: love, blah X blah, dogs, blah X blah, engagment.

He knows and all others too, if the relationship ends I will go back immediatly - with Jillian, this time! :)

Egypts 2nd on my list of favorite! Do you have pictures from that trip????? :)

GoldenRetrLuver
05-25-2005, 12:00 PM
It has to either be Maui or our cottage in Canada.

Here's "Rose Island", our "island"/cottage. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p06c12cbe413962e272085e2e3d4735b2/f737de5e.jpg

kuhio98
05-25-2005, 12:03 PM
My favorite place is our cabin. It is about 100 miles out of Anchorage, Alaska.

Here's the few from the front window: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/p13fccfe993f2014c74d56e8935e29372/f3fb86f9.jpg

The mountain doesn't have an official name, but we call it Artist Peak since my husband is a painter.

Here's the view of the Matanuska River from the bluff.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/p21024f17e0ab541961b54261006d3620/f3fb86fc.jpg

dukedogsmom
05-25-2005, 12:53 PM
GoldenRetrLuver, that cottage is great! I am so jealous. What a beautiful place. I guess I'd have to say that my favorite place has got to be the dog beach. I just love going there with Duke. It makes my heart so happy. It's so peaceful there.

CamCamPup33
05-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Right here, where i live.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/xloveisblonde/beach1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/xloveisblonde/beach7.jpg

If thats not paradise, i dont know what is. I LOVE my city. :)

wolfsoul
05-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Right here, in Kelowna. I love where I live.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/catarats/VancouverMarch2005010.jpg

caseysmom
05-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Wolfsoul, That is beautiful!

Glacier
05-25-2005, 01:26 PM
This is my favorite place. It's about 7km from my house up an abandoned mining road. There's a perfect flat in the trees and a great view.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/scenery%2005/spot.jpg
This is the winter view. I often stop to rest the dog team here on our way home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Scenery/valley2.jpg
This is the view in the fall. This one was taken from the other side of the valley. See the clearing in the trees, the first one, farthest to the left. That's my spot.

Samantha Puppy
05-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Blacksburg, Virginia.

lv4dogs
05-25-2005, 02:02 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/other/CountyMap-700.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/other/nysmap.gif

I spent every summer there until I was 13. My fondest memories are of summers spent there. My cousin plans to buy a cottage there as it's his favorite place too. I can't wait until he does. I hope to one day take my children there and make new memories with them.

I live like a half hour away from there! If you ever come back up this way let me know maybe we can get together!

BitsyNaceyDog
05-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
I live like a half hour away from there! If you ever come back up this way let me know maybe we can get together!

I had a feeling you'd comment on that. I used to live in Newark (well actually East Palmyra). I've told you that before, haven't I?

lv4dogs
05-25-2005, 02:08 PM
I've traveled the US over & over again, hitting every state (except north dakota & hawaii) multiple times. I have come accross SO many places that I really love and it is awful hard to choose but my all time favorite place has to be Eugene Oregon!
The city is beautiful for a city, and you travel about a half hour east & you've got the mountains, a little further you're in the desert and if you travel about a half hour west youre right on the coast.
The woods are so beautiful, almost like a fairy tale where you expect fairy's to fly by. The people are so much nicer out there than here. The stores carry so many more natural products. I can go on & on.

lv4dogs
05-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I had a feeling you'd comment on that. I used to live in Newark (well actually East Palmyra). I've told you that before, haven't I?

Duh, yup you did, you want me to give you a tour of lollypop farm!

(yes I have short term memory loss lol lol)
\:D

k9krazee
05-25-2005, 03:01 PM
My favorite place is either Philmont, NM or the Bahamas!!
Last summer I went scuba diving in the Bahamas for a week and LOVED every minute of it!!!!!

Samantha Puppy
05-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Forgot one. I have two favorite places. Blacksburg, Virginia which I already mentioned, and Sanibel Island, Florida.

wolfsoul
05-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
Wolfsoul, That is beautiful!
Isn't it? :D I took that picture on my way to Vancouver. It is on the outskirts of Kelowna. That little piece of land is Rattlesnake Island. The BC fire 2 summers ago covered most of those mountains.

carole
05-25-2005, 04:38 PM
There are so many beautiful spots in my country , that I am not sure this is my most favourite, but it is a lovely spot on the southern shores of Lake Taupo, a place I visited many times during my childhood to stay with my adopted Auntie, so Taupo itself has nothing but wonderful, happy memories and it was the first place my parents lived when they emigrated to NZ, unfortunatley then it was nothing more than a small hick town, now it is a top tourist spot, well worth visiting.

It is a geo-thermal area, with hot springs and mud pools and the lovely lake and only about 40 mins away from the ski-fields, it is around 2 hours drive from where I live.

I have not traveled widely, but from my America trip I loved San Diego and Provo Utah.

luvofallhorses
05-25-2005, 04:41 PM
I love their lake, it's so clean! Also, I have been to Silverwood theme park(see tremors the rollercoaster on the link)

I love it because it seems so peaceful and just a lot of things you can do there. Parasailing, go on a cruise boat, etc. When we go to our family reunion this summer, we are going to try to go on one of the dinner cruises. I just can not wait even though our family reunion is going to take place in Spokane, Washington.

I told my parents that we have to stop at Lake Couer d' Lane and swim and take a walk on the board walk. It's hard to explain in words how much I love that place. I just get all tingly inside(if that makes sense) when I go there. :)

carole
05-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Another beautiful spot is Queenstown which is in the south Island, I live in the north, have not been there since I was 15, but loved it there, it also snows in winter time.,another popular tourist spot in NZ.

anna_66
05-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Ok this may sound a little corny, but my most FAVORTITE place in the world is anywhere my family is! Whether it be at home or anywhere else, all I need is my man and my dogs to make me happy:D

Vette
05-25-2005, 06:35 PM
For now.. here where i live. this is up in our feild looking across one of our neighbors feild.

sometimes he turns his cows lose and they sometimes come and hug our fence line and watch us. LOL :rollseys: but its neat to get watch the calves play around and grow. :D

Kfamr
05-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Ok this may sound a little corny, but my most FAVORTITE place in the world is anywhere my family is! Whether it be at home or anywhere else, all I need is my man and my dogs to make me happy:D

Anna, That's actually what I was going to say... I just felt silly since everyone else was naming specific places.
I'm happy whenever i'm with my dogs... and they make it my favorite place.
Whether it be in our own backyard, the beach, the park, or cuddling on the couch... i'm happy to be with them.

Any of those places are pretty boring unless I have my dogs with me.

luvofallhorses
05-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by anna_66

It doesn't sound corny at all :) IMO I am basically the same way. I love being with my pets :)

ParNone
05-25-2005, 06:59 PM
"There's no place like home... There's no place like home..." :)

I've traveled to quite a few places where there's been absolutely gorgeous scenery, but my heart belongs to Texas. I get homesick, whenever I leave. Although I do always lose weight, cuz I haven't found anyplace with as good of food. Next time I go to Australia, I'm packing a case of Salsa with me. ;)

I would love to someday move out of Houston and live in the Hill Country though. Or even in West Texas near Big Bend. Just anyplace away from all the hubbub and where the dogs can have room to run and enjoy the countryside.

Par...

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I love Kelowna, BC:) Other than that I don't really have a favourite place...

momcat
05-25-2005, 09:49 PM
My very ultra favorite place in the world is the mountains. The Rockies in Colorado cannot be described; you don't see the Rockies... you experience them! I have relatives in the Catskills in upstate New York and spent many summers there. I can retire pretty much whenver I want to but plan to wait maybe another 5 or 6 years. Maybe by then I'll decide if I'll move to Colorado or the Catskills. My ulitmate dream is to buy at least 100 acres in the mountains. I'd keep 5 of it to build a log cabin house, and a run in shed for the horse I hope to have. The rest I would have designated as a wildlife refuge. You can come up, hang at my cabin and go into the refuge HOWEVER you either walk or go on horseback. NO bikes, ATV's or any kind of vehicle. The only changes to the eco-system will be what the animals may do. There will be no guns, bow & arrow or any type of weapon permitted. Charges WILL be filed for any violation! All critters will be welcome to live the way they're supposed to live, safe and free!

cocker_luva
05-25-2005, 11:09 PM
anywhere with my Jesse and AJ

other than that...the tropics (dominican republic is exquisite)

kimlovescats
05-25-2005, 11:35 PM
There is no place in the world I would rather be than in my hubby's arms ... in "my spot" ... which is with my nose buried right up under his jawline between his ear and his chin. :D

Sappy, but oh so TRUE!!!!!;)

cloverfdx
05-26-2005, 11:21 AM
My favourite place is Sydney, Australia. Everything about that city is awesome, i am hoping to move there in the future.

Suki Wingy
05-26-2005, 04:19 PM
lol you know 28 states is a lot to some people, ;) out of all of them you don't have a favorite place? not one??? :confused:
I love AZ, as well as the seasons of IL, IA is too moody, hotter summers and bitter winters. I liked KS and OK. I guess my state, IL maybe because I have been all over it, but I HATE the swampy bogs with all those bugs!

Suki Wingy
05-26-2005, 04:34 PM
This is a cropped pic off another board, Ilove it, I want to live in that house! Btw, that's AZ.

Logan
05-26-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm going to sound childish, but my favorite place is the Magic Kingdom at Disney World in Florida. I absolutely love it there. :o

Logan

carole
05-27-2005, 04:02 AM
Oh gosh you brought back some memories, A small world in Disneyland was just awesome.:D

*LabLoverKEB*
05-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
It has to either be Maui or our cottage in Canada.

Here's "Rose Island", our "island"/cottage. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p06c12cbe413962e272085e2e3d4735b2/f737de5e.jpg

Julie, that's the most beautiful pic I've ever seen!

*LabLoverKEB*
05-27-2005, 07:48 PM
W-O-W!!! I loved all the pics! You guys have been to some pretty amazing places!

Logan! You are NOT childish! I LOVE disney world! My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom!:)

I also LOVE Lake Tahoe!
Thanks soo much you guys for sharing your favorite places.:)

carole
05-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Julie you are so blessed to beable to vacation in such an awesome place, it truely is amazing.

Jadapit
05-27-2005, 08:10 PM
I would have to say it is here in Colorado. It truly is a beautiful state. Here are a couple of pictures where we live.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid152/p1356d6c3f64ffa033b12497e17778f0c/f5b7d1f5.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p934e7995f36b883bb8caf66bf8690aaf/f697edb3.jpg

Suki Wingy
05-27-2005, 09:28 PM
:eek: :eek: Maybe I should move to CO!

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-28-2005, 02:35 PM
My favorite place in the world is anywhere where my dog, pets, family, and closest friends are. Otherwise it doesn't matter!!;)