PDA

View Full Version : Well looky what I got now..*SIGH*

rg_girlca
05-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Do any of you remember this beauty?????
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/pcc851f2873c0e4ddaf697ca3e4aa7927/f3fd31c3.jpg

To make a long story short for those who don't know, this is Pixel, my neighbours cat who lives right across the street from me.
I had helped her when she fell off her 3 rd floor gallery into a concrete yard. Thankfully she was not seriously injured. (Was seen by my vet) The owners were away and the sister was going in to feed the cats.
Anyway, when the owner came back and I told them what had happened, the guy asked if I wanted her. I said yes, but the wife said NO. That was about 2 months ago, I think.
Well, guess who turned up at my door tonight. The guy, asking if I still wanted her. Apparently their little girl has become sick because of the cats. Soooo, now I have her in the hubby's room and the poor thing is curled up in a ball, scared to death.
Now I have to decide if I am able to keep her or not. If it wasn't for little Willy, it wouldn't be a problem.
I also am trying desperately to find homes for the two males that they have. *Sigh*
They are all siblings, NO VACCINATIONS & NOT FIXED. AARRGG!!
Irresponsible rackin, trackin, frackin people.
Also they THINK she might be pregnant.
Oh lordy, help me. I will be bringing her to the vet with Willy as he has an appointment on Sunday.
What to do, what to do. The hubby said he would love to keep her if we didn't have so many cats already.

Grace
05-24-2005, 10:07 PM
The poor sweet thing - she has to be so scared and confused right now.

Karen
05-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Poor babies! Pixel and her brothers, as well as the little girl who must be heartbroken to have the kitties taken away because of her. (Regardless of the parents actions, I bet the child loves the kitties.)

Thank you for taking her in, I hope she settles down soon and realizes it's okay.

kimlovescats
05-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Lorraine, Pixel is gorgeous ... how very sad that she wasn't loved well enough. Thank you for taking her in ... in spite of all you have going on right now!

Remember, I am HERE!

HUGS,
KIm;)

jazzcat
05-24-2005, 10:35 PM
Gee, it's raining cats where you live. (((HUGS)))

She's lucky to have you there Lorraine, as is Willy. I'm sure this is putting you in a hard spot right now. Wish I could help.

rg_girlca
05-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks everyone.:)

I have a lot on my plate right now, but when I read about our dear sweet Willie, my problems are so minute compared to hers, that they are not even worth mentioning. Personal things.

Pixel, has been a clinging vine to my hubby and seems a little bit more relaxed.
Get this people, when I asked him what she ate, he said, "Oh she just got scraps from the table.":mad:

I'm so glad that I got her here, where she will get the proper care for now.

I told the owner to give me a couple of days to contact some people to see what I can do for these 3 siblings and he said that if it takes a week or two, that's okay. PHEW!!!

I heard tonight from one rescue organization and the woman said that she would like more information on them and also to see them if she could. I sent her a picture of Pixel.
Keep your fingers and paws crossed that I am able to get these precious babies a better home.

Thanks Kim. :) You're such a dear friend.

Lori, I know if you could help, you would and I thank you for that.:)

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2005, 12:36 AM
She sure is gorgeous. I hope you'll be able to find good homes for her and her 2 siblings.:)

orangemm
05-25-2005, 04:46 AM
OMG, those poor babies. Thank God they're with someone now who cares for them and will make sure they find decent homes.

Table scraps? How stupid can people be? People should be beaten with sticks!!!!

No wonder that little girl looks so scared..............

Bless you for taking her in.

jenluckenbach
05-25-2005, 05:20 AM
:eek: <----- This is what I looked like when I read the thread! :D

Could I mention one possibility? (even though it might be an unpopular choice) You could still choose to rehome Willy. He is SO adoptable at this age. After all, that IS what you set out to do in the begining. Enough said, just an option.

Good luck with Pixel.

QueenScoopalot
05-25-2005, 05:49 AM
Oh Lordy, Lordy Lorraine. :rolleyes: Now for a short time you can get a sense of how overwhelmed I feel when it rains cats and kittens all at once. Nothing like having everything dumped in your lap at once without warning. :eek: Brilliant neighbors could have been solving their own problems all along, instead of so graciously allowing you to mop up their mess huh? :rolleyes: :mad: :( Being Blue-Point Meezers etc. chances are very good that they'll get homes, but as Jen said the other option is Willy. :( ;)

sirrahbed
05-25-2005, 06:22 AM
:( Oh Lorraine - what a beautiful but sad looking girl! I know you will figure out what to do - it sure is your time for a revolving door isn't it? I know things will work out - sure wish we all lived in the same neighborhood!!:rolleyes: We could help each other out and well, it would be heavenly.

catmandu
05-25-2005, 06:55 AM
I WISH,THAT WE LIVED,IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD,AS I WOULD TAKE,THAT POOR CAT,IN,IN A SECOND.I THINK,THAT MY MEEZERS,WOULD MAKE HER FEEL WELCOME.AND THOSE.ARE VERY SAD CONDITIONS,THAT SHE WAS LIVING IN,AND HOPEFULLY,SHE IS NOT EXPECTING,AND THAT SHE CAN BE REHOMED.

AND THOSE CRETINS,WHO THINK,THAT PETS,ARE DISPOSABLE ITEMS,I CAN ONLY PRAY,THAT RETRIBUTION AWAITS THEM SOMEWHERE,SOME TIME.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture309.jpg

THAT WHEN THEY ARE OLDER,THEY WILL BE DUMPED,INTO A CRAPPY NURSING HOME,AND NEVER ,EVER HAVE A VISITOR.

catcrazylady
05-25-2005, 07:10 AM
Oh Lorraine my heart is breaking for you. Here you were willing to take her in before but they have to wait until now when you have just taken in Willy! Jerks!!!
She is so gorgeous and she looks so afraid. I'm sure if you can find the right rescue group that they could easily get these meezers a good home. I know that you fell in love with this girl from day one.
I wish I could say that you need to do this, this, and this and the problem would be solved. Obviously with 12 cats in the house and a load of porch kitties I haven't been able to find the solution either.:(

smokey the elder
05-25-2005, 07:46 AM
A cat like that with a good disposition shouldn't have any trouble finding a home. Thanks for rescuing her and good luck with all 3 of them.

catnapper
05-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Goodness. What a predicament. I know LOTS of people who want Siamese and would prefer a rescue over a breeder (mainly for the $$$ reason) I know of two people right here that are dying for a lovely Siamese cat to add to their home. She's absolutely lovely ans should come around in no time with a person who is willing to love and care for her the way she's MEANT to be loved and cared for.

LKPike
05-25-2005, 08:21 AM
poor little girl, but how lucky she is to have been taken in by good people :) Wishing you guys the best at the vet, hopefully there will be updates with good news :)

rkidsrcats
05-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Oh my, oh my...when it rains...

Our thoughts are with you and the kitties to find a truly loving home that will keep them safe and treasure them as part of the family.

Some people...just suck!:mad: And the sad thing is, you HAVE to do something. And they just sail on through life like it was nothing to get rid of their pets. There is justice someday for that attitude.

We truly dislike neighbors like that - its how we got Norbert when our neighbor was going to dump her 5 "rescues" after her husband died. After having them indoors for 6 six years!! AAAAARRRGGHH!

You are truly a gem to be helping these cats. You will find them a home, we know it!

doolittleky
05-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Pixel is so beuatiful. Lorraine, have you tried Siamese Rescue? They might be able to help you find homes for the others if they are Siamese.
Melissa

catfamily
05-25-2005, 03:44 PM
I remember when you helped this cat from the fall.I'm glad she's with you but it gets overwhelming.There aren't enough caring people.I hope things work out.Either keeping or finding an adoptable home.Poor thing.