PDA

View Full Version : After conviction, cat owner gets pets back

QueenScoopalot
05-24-2005, 07:38 PM
After conviction, cat owner gets pets back
May 21, 2005

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/05/21/two_sentenced_in_2001_t_shooting_death/

After conviction, cat owner gets pets back
Two days after finding Heidi Erickson guilty of six counts of animal cruelty, a Boston Municipal Court judge ordered the return of four of the cats found in her Beacon Hill apartment in conditions that gave rise to the criminal charges. Judge Raymond Dougan ruled yesterday morning that Erickson, 44, currently residing in Beacon Hill, was fit to regain custody of the cats, said David Procopio, spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney. Erickson had been found guilty of six counts of animal cruelty. She was sentenced to 30 days in the House of Correction for cruelty to five Persian cats, one of which later died, and 90 days for the fatal starvation of a Great Dane, with both sentences suspended for three years, Procopio said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being from Mass. I've been following this case for some time now. I think she should have been starved to the point of death, and then thrown in a freezer for what she did to all those cats and the dog! :mad: And the judge should retire! :rolleyes: Heidi Erickson closed down a newly built branch of the Animal Rescue League (Pembroke branch) for well over a year while they housed many of her cats infested with ringworm, and multiple other health problems. Heidi did nothing but file crazy lawsuits against everyone in the city including the Mayor himself. :rolleyes: And then demanded that the DNA from cats euthanized be given to her for cloning purposes I can only guess. Crackpot got away with nothing more than a wrist slap. :mad:

moosmom
05-24-2005, 07:42 PM
God how I HATE the judicial system!!!

That freaking judge is out of his #$@%^&* mind!!! I feel like crying right about now. What is this world coming to?

jackie
05-25-2005, 09:20 AM
I am glad they published her name and the area which she lives. I hope she has visitors and callers telling her what they think.

catnapper
05-25-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm stunned. The judge shold be ashamed of themsleves, and this woman should live in the conditions she made her pets live in.

DNA of her euthanized pets? How incredibly odd.