PDA

View Full Version : Phoebe is at the Rainbow Bridge

Logan
02-01-2002, 07:23 AM
Sort of a sad morning here, but bittersweet. Little Phoebe didn't make it through the night. I knew it had to be time, as I was petting her last night, she was so thin. :(

Helen is sad, of course, but she is brave, and Roger certainly helps her to smile :) .

Thanks for all of your sweet thoughts and prayers. Every little pet counts. If God knows how many hairs we have on our head, he certainly watches out for even the smallest of creatures. :)

Logan

Randi
02-01-2002, 07:39 AM
I'm so sad to hear that little Phoebe has gone. :( I know that you have done ALL you can to comfort her and I hope it helps you and Helen just a little bit! Try to think that Phoebe is not suffering anymore.

I'm glad you have your other pets at this sad time.

Keep your chin up!

Logan
02-01-2002, 08:26 AM
Thanks, Randi and Chuck. And Chuck, you are SO right about her going on her own. What a relief, even if I wish I had just stayed up and held her last night. :( When Rusty died (Phoebe replaced Rusty), I did hold him wrapped in a towel. But he went so much more quickly.

Oh, I must snap out of this gloomy mood. Our Phoebe is much better off.

Logan

Former User
02-01-2002, 08:27 AM
Oh no...:( So sorry to hear that Logan. But hey, she's playing now at the Rainbow Bridge with all of our RB babies, and is keeping you an eye.

Take care ok? Hope Helen is okay!

Niina

Pam
02-01-2002, 08:29 AM
Logan as I said in an e-mail I am so sorry to hear about this. Chuck is so right when he says it was a blessing she went on her own. I like to picture her now with Evelyn, munching on something delicious at the Rainbow Bridge! Love to you and Helen

Phred
02-01-2002, 09:34 AM
Dear Logan and Helen ~

So sorry for your loss of Phoebe.
Take comfort in knowing she's in a Better Place - free from any pain and suffering.
Try to remember all the Good Times :) you shared with her.

tatsxxx11
02-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Dear Logan. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of dear Phoebe. Although gratefully her suffering is now over, I know how much she will be missed by you and Helen; and me as well. Bless you little Phoebe girl. I know you are in a brighter, happier place now. Our thoughts are with you and Helen today. Please give Helen a hug for me. All my love, Sandra

zippy-kat
02-01-2002, 10:43 AM
Logan & Helen, my deepest sympathies. They never live long enough, do they? Remember the fond memories & that she is now out of pain.

Hugs to each of you!

C.C.'s Mom
02-01-2002, 11:40 AM
Dear Logan & Helen. I'm so sorry to hear that she's gone. But she'll be happy at the Rainbow Bridge, playing with all the other hammies that are there. I'm happy that she's out of pain now and left this world on her own. That's how it should be.
Brigitte

jennifert
02-01-2002, 12:37 PM
Logan, my deepest sympathies for you and Helen. I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she had an absolutely wonderful life with the two of you.

With love and prayers,

Jennifer

slleipnir
02-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Aww. Logan and Helen, I'm sorry for the loss of the little hammie :[ I definitly can relate to it. Glad shes not in any pain now

LoudLou
02-01-2002, 01:24 PM
:( :( :( We are deeply saddend by your loss. But may you take comfort in tha fact that Pheobe is at Rainbow Bridge playing and that she was able to make her own decision when it was time to go..... Again very saddend by your loss. Please take comfort knowing we are all here for you too, in this difficult time. :( - Kate

shais_mom
02-01-2002, 11:45 PM
Logan, you and Helen have my sympathy. Keep your chin up.
You are in my thoughts ans prayers.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-01-2002, 11:52 PM
Logan and Helen, I am soo sorry to hear about your dear sweet Phoebe.:( Now all her pain, and suffering is over. She'll be with all of our other RB babies, at the R a i n b o w Br id ge. I will keep you, Helen, and all of your other sweet furbabies in my thoughts and paryers, at this sad time.

All our love,
Sarah and Sadie May:)

michelene
02-02-2002, 07:34 AM
Logan and Helen, I am so sorry for your loss. Even when we know the end is coming for one of our babies, we are still very sad when it happens because they were so dear. I wish you comfort in your grief and the knowledge that Phoebe is at peace.

AdoreMyDogs
02-03-2002, 03:23 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Logan and Helen :( That is never easy and I feel terrible for you both. As sorry and saddened that I am at her passing, I am relieved that she decided to go on her own, instead of giving you the difficult responsibility of ending her suffering. She was a sweet little hammie, and she was incredibly adorable, with that sweet little face sticking out of Helen's pocket. How could anyone not love a creature so innocent and precious as little Phoebe?

Anyway, I am sure my past hammies and all the other RB creatures are making Phoebe feel at home at RB.

Bless you, Logan and bless you, Helen. You two are in my thoughts and prayers :(

I am glad you have Roger to ease your aching hearts. Cockatiels have superb senses of humor. Sounds just like what the aching heart doctor ordered :)

Heather Wallace
02-13-2002, 03:31 PM
Logan soory to hear about your little hamster, when i was a bit younger I used to have a few hamsters, at seperate times.

One was very specail, little New York, he had such a great character. He died after about one year and I missed him so much. I loved him!

Heather Wallace
02-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Here is NY

Logan
02-13-2002, 07:40 PM
Heather, he was adorable!!! I just must get a scanner so I can share photographs of some of our previous pets with all of you.

Thanks for thinking about Phoebe too. We miss her, but one of my "cyber friends" (and I have many), who does a lot of writing, has added a new story to her Rainbow Bridge Story and this time, she included Phoebe. Wasn't that sweet? She did it for Helen, knowing how sad Helen was a couple of weeks ago.