PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my friend

carole
05-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Please give a warm welcome to my best online friend Thewave, I have known him for over three years now.

He has the most adorable dog Star, I have posted pics and stories about her before and at long last have convinced him to join us here.

He is going through a tough time with Star, as she has mouth cancer and is undergoing treatment right now,he could do with lots of support and I know that everyone here will welcome him with open arms.

jennifert9
05-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Thewave! I'm sorry to hear about Star's troubles... this is definitely the place to be for a sympathetic ear and some solid advice.
My name is Jennifer and I just have one extra large, mixed breed dog named Duncan. I have been a member here since 2001 but missed a few years due to life's interference:)
We all love Carole and I'm sure we will all love you as well!
Can't wait to see pictures of the infamous Star!!!

carole
05-24-2005, 07:17 PM
This is the beautiful graceful much adored and loved Star.

CagneyDog
05-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Welcome to Pet talk!

Star is beautiful :)

dukedogsmom
05-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Welcome! Star is so cute! Glad he decided to join.

thewave
05-24-2005, 07:48 PM
I want to thank carole my dear online friend whom i have known the past 3 yrs for introducing me to this website ,she knows about star and her condition . I really never gave much thought about my dog ever having a terminal illnees ... its just something one doesn`t think about . However 2 months ago to this day i found out she had a tumor in her mouth that was osteosarcoma a cancer that is very aggressive have started the chemo and keeping faith that this will give my star some more quality time :)

davidpizzica
05-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Welcome yo Pet Talk, Thewave! I'm david p and I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm a cat butler to Nikki, a tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a tortoiseshell kitty. Like you I'm a an internet friend with Carole (she's my sister in New zealand!) an we have been friends for a couple of years now. I pray that Star's mouth cancer can be cured and that she returns to normal. Star is adorable!

finn's mom
05-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Welcome! I'm glad your Star is going to have some good time left. :)

davidpizzica
05-24-2005, 10:20 PM
By the way, Thewave, it's good to welcome another guy to PT! There are so few of us!

Oggyflute
05-25-2005, 01:31 AM
G'day thewave, and welcome to PT. I'm Trev, and would like to echo Davids thoughts on the lack of gents on here.:D It's a top place mate, you'll really enjoy it. Star is a real cutie.:)

davidpizzica
05-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Trev, we DEFINITELY have to introduce Thewave to the doghouse!

KYS
05-25-2005, 09:03 AM
A warm welcome to Pet Talk.

Sending many good thoughts/wishes to Star.

Albea
05-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Welcome to this board, Thewave!
We are almost neighbors, I live in the Northeast corner of CT.
I hope the treatment works well for your lovely Star. Best wishes for her recovery.

Killearn Kitties
05-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Welcome, Thewave! :D Star looks a lovely dog and I hope the treatment works for her.

slick
05-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Oh goody, another man on board! :) ;)
Welcome to Pet Talk and be prepared to become very addicted.

My heart goes out to you and that precious pup and I'm praying that the treatment works.

thewave
05-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Just want to thank everyone for the wonderful greetings,thoughts and prayers for my star ....thank you all :)

luvofallhorses
05-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Welcome! :)

captain
05-26-2005, 08:45 PM
I am so glad Carole got you onto the PT board.

Welcome, and {{{hugs}}} and kisses to the gorgeous Star.

jesse_3
05-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk thewave! I'm repeating everyone else, but you WILL become addicted to this! By the way, what breed is Star? She is such a cutie!:D
I'll be keeping Star in my prayers and Jesse will keep her paws crossed!

Karen
05-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Welcome to you and to the lovely Star. Not only is she beautiful, and posing nicely, she's a Red Sox fan, so she's okay by me! :)

P.S. His profile says Star's a Doberman mix.

carole
05-27-2005, 04:01 AM
See Matey I told you they were a good bunch here, hope you continue to pop by and get to know everyone, cheers my dear friend.:)

ChrisH
05-27-2005, 06:03 AM
A warm welcome to both you and your beautiful Star. :)

Prayers and positive thoughts going out for the treatment to work well for your sweet girl.

Chris

furrykidsmother
05-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Welcome Thewave. You have a beautiful girl there. She will be in our thoughts and prayers that all goes well for her and that the treatment is successful and that you will be able to spend many, many more years together. This is the place to be. You will get lots of advice, support, prayers whatever you need!