PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Gina's Ark requested.

Karen
05-24-2005, 06:52 PM
I've been emailing back and forth with Gina. She is in the hospital again, and could use your prayers for herself and her animals. She gets very poor reception where she is, so she isn't able to log on to Pet Talk, but she can access and send email.

She is hospitalized because the poor girl was shot! There's a problem on her campus, and this is just one incident in a pattern. There is a detective working on her case. Gina was hit in the right hip. The bullet hit her bone but chipped it out at a 55-degree angle. She can't walk using her right leg very well, but is getting better.

here's today's update.. doctor just came in and check on my scar, told me I was very lucky it didn't went through the important vein or I would have been paraylzed on right sid. it was right by the hipbone. now I'm starting to have infection inside and out of navel (from emergency surgery) and it hurts like h*ll.

They think they'll have to open the wound again to help drain/clear the infection, and she's worried about that.

and about her critters:

my friend who took over feeding my animals this morning, took my injuried animals to vet. crayola (pre-colitis), peppers (bad case of stomalitis), whispers (gingivitis) and zephyra (a bad hip ligament tore & limping terribly). thank god he knew my coast vet or I'd have a HIGH bill to do when get home!! I'm deadly worried now..for the rest of the others .. :( I cried nonstop all day and doctors think I'm soooo depressed and need 'help'.. :mad: :( :(

Crayola had been with her at the hospital, but went home yesterday, as it was too cold for him there. (Having been in hospitals, I believe it - it's so often freezing in there!)

I updated her on Pet Talk, she misses everyone and is keeping Sammy, Willie and everyone in her prayers as well. Gina's lonely and sad, and could use our support and well wishes.

jennifert9
05-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Oh Gina, you poor thing! If it's not one thing, it's another...:( Thank God you are OK though! It could have been so much worse and I am glad that you going to be OK. Hang in there sweetheart! Well wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery!

dukedogsmom
05-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Could you pm me with her email address? I'd like to send her one. I don't know how much more she can take.

CagneyDog
05-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Could you pm me with her email address? I'd like to send her one. I don't know how much more she can take.

Could I have her address as well?

Poor Gina :( My prayers are with her,

NoahsMommy
05-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Gina is very particular about her address...she's having some issues with unsafe people.

I'll ask her if I can give you all her email address, OK?

Hugs,
Kelly

Logan
05-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh Karen, how much more can this woman take? She was shot??? OMG!

Gina and her animals are in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan

Karen
05-24-2005, 08:09 PM
I sent Val (Dukedogsmom) Gina's address before I read your note, Kelly. I won't send it to anyone else until you get the okay.

luvofallhorses
05-24-2005, 08:13 PM
That poor girl :( :( Gina know that we are praying for you. ((((((((hugs))))))))))

GoldenRetrLuver
05-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Geez, when it rains it sure does pour. :(
I don't even know what to say.. poor Gina. I can't even imagine.

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts. :(

chocolatepuppy
05-24-2005, 08:41 PM
I will be praying for you Gina and for your furkids. I'm so sorry you are having so many bad things happen to you. :(

RICHARD
05-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Feel better Gina.

That really sucks.

:(

DID they catch the ah that shot here?

Karen
05-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Not yet, they're working on it.

finn's mom
05-24-2005, 10:00 PM
I'll be thinking of her and all her poor little animal kids. :(

popcornbird
05-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Oh my gosh! :( Poor, poor Gina!!! :(

I'm keeping her in my prayers. Can't believe how much the poor girl has been going through lately. :( Get well soon, Gina!!!

{{{hugs}}}

jazzcat
05-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Poor Gina, she just can't catch a break right now.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Corinna
05-24-2005, 11:05 PM
I agree Jazz, man what else can happen to this girl. Does anyone know the hospital so we could send cards there? I know shes a very cautious person , makes even more sense now. Maybe some PTer close could have them and deliver to her .

jesse_3
05-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Send Gina my sympathies and let her know that she and her furbabes are in my prayers!
*Get well soon Gina!*

Oggyflute
05-25-2005, 01:08 AM
Gina I'm so sad and a little shocked at this unfortunate incident. Know that everyone on here is pulling for you, and I hope you get back to health real soon mate.

Barbara
05-25-2005, 02:47 AM
I am shocked and very sad that on top of it all you have to go through this, Gina. But life goes in circles! There WILL be better times:)

Keep your ears up;)

sirrahbed
05-25-2005, 06:12 AM
Oh my gosh - how sad and unfair to have so much - one thing after another:( Please pass along my hugs and support. Poor sweet girl!

BitsyNaceyDog
05-25-2005, 06:40 AM
Oh Gina, I'm so sorry. I am praying for you and your babies to all get well as quickly as possible.

catcrazylady
05-25-2005, 06:57 AM
Gina more prayers coming your way! I think you have had more than your share of bad times. Feel better soon Gina!!!

Jods
05-25-2005, 07:13 AM
I'm so sorry Gina. I hope and pray you and your pets will get well soon.:(

ramanth
05-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Poor Gina! :( *HUGS* I wish her and her pets well.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Poor Gina, this just is getting to much for you!! As if you didn't have enough trouble already :( . I hope they get the "b*****d that did this to you!!!
Get well!

KYS
05-25-2005, 09:09 AM
You think that you would be safe on campus.
Not anymore, by listening to the news.
Sending many HUGS and PRAYERS your way for
a quick recover.

(((HUGS)))

Albea
05-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Is there something in the stars that has brought so much pain to so many Pet Talkers lately?
Gina, my thoughts and prayers are going to you and your pets. I hope this is the last of your bad experiences and that life will become kinder to you really soon.

Logan
05-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Karen, please keep us posted as you hear more from Gina. I'm quite worried about her, but I'm glad she is keeping in touch with you.

Logan

robinh
05-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Poor girl - she's just had so much to deal with lately. :(

Would love to send her a card. If you hear from her Karen, please tell her I am thinking of her.

anna_66
05-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Goodness this all just seems so unreal:(
Prayers coming your way.

Karen
05-25-2005, 06:04 PM
I got an email from her, and passed along everyone's well wishes. She's uncomfortable, and impatient to go home, but holding up.

NoahsMommy
05-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Gina told me that I can extend her email address to anyone on PT that wants it. Please send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

Thank you.

momcat
05-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh Gina, I can't tell you how terrible I felt when I read the post about what happened. I don't know what to say other than you are very much in my thoughts and the prayers from Trenton will keep coming for your recovery and all your little purrballsKeep your chin up, take things very easy, and count on the love, positive thoughts, support and prayers from everyone who cares about you. Groucho sends you tons of get well kitty kisses and snuggles! I'm on your side. Let us know if there's anything we can do?

smokey the elder
05-26-2005, 01:37 PM
You poor kid! YOu should move someplace safe, like New York.

Karen
05-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Gina and I have been emailing back and forth, she's still in the hospital as she's fighting an infection in the wound and bad reactions to antibiotics, but is extremely grateful that she can still walk. She's impatient to go home, of course, but wouldn't anyone be?

And she sent a separate email just to ask me to say

THANK YOU!! to Cathy Bogart!!!

I asked my friend to bring me the camera cathy (wolfchan/Cathy Bogart) used (but couldn't upload because of moving) when she fed my animals, and looking through digital pictures, she took more than 50 happy pictures! :eek: could you please thank a big heap her in my update thread. impossible for me to get a hold of her - bad reception, thanks!

She misses everyone, and all the pictures, and sends her greetings to everyone, and thanks for the prayers, as she's struggling and appreciates everyone's support.

LoudLou
05-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Prayers and pawsitive thoughts on the way.

LOUD Louie sends you and your furkids lots of get well kisses and wigglebutts...
The Beans send you and your furkids lots of get well headbumpies.

momcat
05-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi, Gina! How are you feeling today? I hope you're feeling better but there's no question that you really miss your little purr balls! Sending you many prayers from me and many get well kitty kisses from Groucho. Thinking of you.....

carole
05-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Dear Gina I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you, this is so shocking, you poor girl you have been through a really tough time lately, and I hope we can all bring you a little comfort here, by knowing how much we care for you, I hope you can make a speedy recovery and be home soon, and that your pain and suffering is eased. HUGS sweet Gina.

chocolatepuppy
05-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Will continue to keep you in my prayers Gina. :)

Jadapit
05-27-2005, 08:19 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Get better soon.

K9soul
05-27-2005, 08:24 PM
This is unbelievable :(. Gina is in my thoughts and prayers. I just feel in a state of shock at so much tragedy and it's getting very difficult for me to come up with words that seem meaningful.

Gina, please hang in there. You are one incredibly strong spirited woman and I know you'll get through all of this. You're in my prayers. Gentle {{hugs}} to you.

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 01:16 AM
Thank You! :) (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80364)

Miss Meow
05-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Gina, I can't believe what I just read, you poor thing! I'm so glad you're out of hospital and back with your furkids - they are the best healers in the world. {{{hugs}}} to you.