PDA

View Full Version : Guess who I met today? Harlee!!!

K9karen
05-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Pam called me this morning to say she and Robyn and Harlee would be in my neck of the woods and would I mind some visitors! Duh!
so I just HAVE to brag..nah, nah, nah! I'm the 1st Pter to meet sweet, adorable Harlee! What an honor!
She is the most adorable little girl! Her pictures don't do her justice! She's even more adorable in person pouncing around with her huge puppy feet with their white nails and pinky pink pads! And her nose? Well! The black HAD to have been kissed off because all I wanted to do is kiss it ALL off! At the end of her tail she has a wisp of fur, like she's put it in a vacuum cleaner. And her birthmark on her cutest belly looks like the map of Sicily! When Pam and Robyn pointed that out, we all laughed and laughed!! Of course being an easy mark, I let her nibble on my fingers and clothes with her yummy little razor sharp teethies! I was her human chew toy and I loved every minute of it! (Sorry Robyn)
Pam and Robyn got to meet Klo! John brought her out on her leash and at first she growled and poor Harlee who jumped back 10 feet! But seconds later, when the camera came out, Klo just shook from all the excitement and then warmed up and she and Harlee started to play! Harlee's huge little paw made some swips at Klo in fun and then Klo also put her head down and butt up and suddenly leapt like a bunny (Hoppy?) 2 times and we all roared! Wish they could have stayed longer, but we're all going to get together soon.
I'll be posting some pictures as soon as I get them! What a super day! I love you guys!

Corinna
05-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Ok so where are the pictures? If your going to brag put you money where your mouth is :) :D So fun to be the first to meet people and furkids. Glad you had a good time . I haven't seen you on much have been wondering about you. Glad to see you.

lizbud
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Karen,

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.:D You are right,
pictures are great but seeing Harlee & Klo being puppies
together in person would be priceless.:) I'm sorta jealous.:D

finn's mom
05-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to see pictures!

Karen
05-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Wow, what a big honor! I am, of course, completely jealous, but at least it was a Karen, if not this Karen, who got to meet her and get nibbled by her! :) And how fun that she can Klo played and everything! :)

Waiting patiently for pictures ...

anna_66
05-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
I'm sorta jealous.:D
I'm extremely jealous!;)

How wonderful that you were able to meet Harlee (and not to mention Pam & Robyn!) up close and personal! I hope you gave her lots of hugs and kisses for all of us!

I can't wait to see the pictures of her and Logan, I bet they had a blast playing together!!

Bigyummydog
05-24-2005, 07:09 PM
uhh! got any proof?....wet face?....baby teeth marks?....hum....:rolleyes: .......just not fair...but I'm happy for you.....:D but we still need proof.....pics will do...:p

NoahsMommy
05-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Aww!! You sure are lucky!! Harlee is gorgeous and looks soooo sweet!

Can't wait to see pictures. :)

Jadapit
05-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh, how I envy you. I cant wait to see pictures!:D

luvofallhorses
05-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I am so jealous! ;) I cannot wait for pictures! :D

shais_mom
05-24-2005, 11:57 PM
YOU BET!!
now where are those pics!! ;)

K9karen
05-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Ok guys, a bit more patience...Pam just emailed them to me and I won't be able to post them here until later tomorrow- sorry-something came up in the morning! I've met Pam and Robyn a few times before so we're good ole buddies.
Thanks for thinking about me, BTW,,I really appreciate it. Been busy setting mom up temporarily in a nursing home until I recover from my newest spine surgery (June 7). Life's been hectic and frantic, so seeing Pam and Robyn and Harlee was like sunshine on a dreary day!

Pam
05-25-2005, 05:38 AM
Karen is right! We had such a good time!!! The day started out rainy and gloomy but that didn't put a damper on our visit. Klo is even more beautiful in person. Her pictures do not do her justice. She is a real sweetie and I can see why Karen could not leave that shelter the day she spotted her. She and Harlee warmed up to each other pretty quickly and at one point Klo did the cutest little bouncy thing. It looked like some kind of new dance step. :D I was wishing that Bella and Ripley could have been there to join in the fun. Robyn and I had met Karen and John before so by now they feel like old friends. I hope she will be able to bring Klo over to see them sometime. For now the next step is Karen's upcoming surgery. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and easy recovery. And now, without further ado, *The Introduction.* Sorry it is a little blurry. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN6968.jpg

When we left Karen's we headed to my brother's home and Harlee got to meet Millie, his little westie. They had lots of fun getting to know each other too. :) (Pics to follow later today) and she wound up here for a little playtime with Bella and Ripley. She had met them both separately over the past two weeks but last night she met both of my sillies at once. I think Ripley thought she was Dale at first, although puzzled by her size.

Hope you enjoy the pictures Karen posts. I am not the best photographer. :)

jenluckenbach
05-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Oh what fun!!! Your descriptions were priceless. :D:D

Christiansmommy
05-25-2005, 06:47 AM
Yes, I was included in all of this fun!! and the best part...I got to meet Klo!!! And as Karen said..."nah nah nah nah nah" :) LOL!! It was great to see John and Karen again too...and even though you meet people on-line that start out as complete strangers, the common bond we all have b/c of our pets, just brings us together and we feel like we have known these people all of our lives...so easy to talk to and be around...certainly great friends!! Logan is a VERY lucky pup to have been rescued by Karen and John...just let me tell you!! :) We chatted like old friends!!

Let me tell you about this Logan girl, she has these beautiful brown eyes...the kind you can just stare at and they are filled with so much love, so innocent and loving...what a pretty face she has!! She was hesitant of Harlee at first, but a pouncing puppy on her turf...she has to protect her home ya know! ;) They warmed up to each other over the short visit and by the time we had to leave, they didn't want to part. I would love to get them together again sometime this summer...I know Harlee would LOVE it! Harlee just loved Karen, how could you not?! She smothered her with puppy kisses at first meeting and then little puppy nibbles throughout the rest of the visit :)

So, Mom...Karen...we are awaiting these pics....please ;)

Robyn

Logan
05-25-2005, 08:45 AM
I'm picturing every fun minute and I am SO jealous!!!! :o Pam, when I saw your email with the picture of you and KLo in it, I about died! What a wonderful picture!!!!

We'll all be anxiously awaiting more!!!!! :)

Logan

Dixieland Dancer
05-25-2005, 09:57 AM
I am jealous too! I would of loved to see all the pups and kiss them on their sweet hairy lips! :D I'm glad everyone had a great time and I'm glad you could all share the adventure with those of us that couldn't be there in person. Thanks!

Rachel
05-25-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm here with my lip all stuck out that I couldn't participate in that great meeting, although the excitement of meeting Karen, Pam, Robyn and then KLo and Harlee too would have had me in a tizzy.
Your right, Karen, about kissing the black off of that Harlee nose and neglecting the *no bite* rule. I'd have done the same.

I'm knowing that Pam didn't disappoint me and got pictures of everybody Right, Pam?

dukedogsmom
05-26-2005, 07:17 AM
She is so cute! I'm jealous because I would like to meet you and Klo. I'm sure Duke would be happy about that, too.