PDA

View Full Version : Cat Trees from eBay - recommendations?

Jayna78
05-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi all -

Just wondering if there are any particular suppliers on eBay that you have bought cat trees/cat furniture from in the past that you would recommend. We need to get a couple more cat trees for our house, since there is so much room now to have them spread out, and we don't want to pay the big bucks at PetSmart/PetCo for them, and we don't have time to make them on our own - too busy. I heard on here before that eBay was a good place to go for cheaper (but good) prices on cat furniture, and I've never done very much bidding on there. What are the shipping charges like?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :) I need some more furniture for my babies! :)

catcrazylady
05-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Jayna I have never bought any cat furniture from Ebay so I can't help you there. I got mine from this site www.4yourcat.com and I love it! What I like about them is you can get starter kits and then later buy additional pieces to add on. At least that was my intention but I ended up going crazy with the tax return and buying a big one to start with!;) :D I got mine when they had a free shipping special so I don't know how much that would be. I also called and spoke to them and they were really nice and helpfull.

Lord knows there are plenty of cat trees and furniture to chose from in many places so good luck and happy shopping!:D

Jayna78
05-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks for that link. I'll have to check it out. On eBay, it looks like the shipping & handling charges kill any good deals one might think they are getting. :) I tried bidding on a couple of them, and I kept getting outbid every time. I don't know much about bidding, though, and I certainly don't want to escalate the prices on these things to be crazy high, so I stop and let whoever else it is go nuts with it.

catlover4ever
05-24-2005, 12:28 PM
I bought 3 different cat condo's from 3 different manufacturer's on E-bay and had really good experiences.

I bought this one from Armarkat for my cats. It is built really well. It was shipped in 7 boxes but only took about 20 minutes to put together. I think this was one that I won a bid on. If I remember correctly I only paid around $150 for the condo but the shipping was quite a bit.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p7c10fee5f0a28866df5403a7abc3513f/f9e19ae5.jpg

Before bidding check out the shipping...that's where it gets expensive. If you get lucky and find that there are only a few people bidding on several of the same items you can really get a steal for a good size one.

We are moving into a new, larger house and I am going to start bidding soon on some more good sized condo's. They last a long time and can at times be less expensive as the pet stores or catalog's.

This is one of the other ones I have.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid100/p91f082f25e3a0dc8c68b004b445f72de/f9e54da9.jpg

Good luck.

catmandu
05-24-2005, 01:59 PM
THERE IS NICE LEOPARD PRINT ONE,AT PETCETERA,BUT I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING,FROM EBAY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture029.jpg

kimlovescats
05-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey... I checked out CCL's link ... they are offering FREE SHIPPING now too!;)

catcrazylady
05-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Hey... I checked out CCL's link ... they are offering FREE SHIPPING now too!;)

How cool! Another thing I like about this place is you can order replacement parts and not have to buy the whole tree again. For example one of the scratching posts on ours has been used up and instead of having to live with it I can just reorder that size post. Of course we have to take the tree apart to change it but it beats spending a ton of money buying a new one. Our cats love the hammocks too!

Now if hubby would learn how to build them I wouldn't have to spend hardly anything!:rolleyes:

Jayna78
05-27-2005, 12:00 PM
After trying 3 times yesterday and 2 times on Wednesday night, I finally won an eBay auction! I just hope it's easy enough to assemble when we get it.

It was a 6-item auction from armarkat (www.armarkat.com) and it is a 77 inch tall cat tree - it's really cool. My winning bid was $28, and shipping is $47.78, so I got this giant tree for far less than the retail price - I'd definitely try this again for more cat trees, which I'm sure at some point we'll get more of, since we have a lot of rooms to put them in now. The only drawback is that it is a silver/grey which doesn't exactly go with our new carpet upstairs in our house, but it will be ok in our basement (where we still have the berber carpet from the previous homeowners), where we needed a good cat tree anyway (the exising 5 foot one we had looks nice in our great room upstairs where we don't have furniture yet - it matches the carpet nicely). Here's the link if you want to see my awesome purchase:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4383104254&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6