PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please....

furrykidsmother
05-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks to the advice of QueenScoopalot & Moosmom we brought Gidget back to the vet this morning and it turns out that according to the tests that they did, they believe that she does have Pyometra. They have a lot of operations going on today, but they are going to try and do the procedure to remove the uterus that is infected. If they can't do it today it will have to wait until tomorrow or she goes to the emergency vet that didn't treat her well in the beginning. Please pray that they are able to do the operation today and that she comes through it OK. She has been through a lot and I just want this to be done for her so she can begin her recovery.

catcrazylady
05-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Poor baby!:( Prayers and more prayers on the way that everything goes ok. I went through this with Pervy when she gave birth to kittens and she got so very sick. It was touch and go for awhile with her but she did just fine. I just know that the same thing will happen for Gidget.
Update us as soon as you can.
{{{HUGS}}} for you and for precious Gidget.

catlover4ever
05-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Poor baby. Prayers for the both of you are on the way. Please keep us posted. (((hugs)))

Barbara
05-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I immediately had to think about Pervy and I hope that Gidget makes it through surgery with flying colours.

QueenScoopalot
05-24-2005, 11:24 AM
My multiple handicapped little Thumbelina had pyometra some years back, but luckily I knew the symptoms, and she was rushed into the vets on a Sunday and spayed. It was a miracle she made it through (not from the pyo) but she has megaesophagus, a severe heart murmer, and radial hypoplasia all packaged into a very tiny body. The tube they put down her throat really messed her up for a few weeks, but in time all was well again. The best part was the vet charged me $00.00! :D He's got a soft spot for special needs kitties. :) I'm glad you got Gidget in to be looked at. I hope they have her on antibiotics and fluids while she's in, to keep the infection down. And open pyo is much better than closed (infection is able to drain with open). ;) Keep us posted. ;) Hope all goes well with her surgery. Jan

Kirsten
05-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Poor poor baby! :( Hopefully everything will work out and she'll feel better soon!

Best wishes for her surgery,

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care and keep us updated.

catmandu
05-24-2005, 02:11 PM
PRAYERS,ON THIER WAY,FOR GIDGET,FROM ALL THE FOUND CATS,STARRY CATS,REHOMED STARRYS,AND ANGELS,THAT THIS POOR LITTLE CAT,WILL GET THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME,IN HER LIFE,AND BE SAFE,AND WELL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture029.jpg

furrykidsmother
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
They were unable to do the surgery on her today. So, I will pick her up tonight on my way home and keep her home overnight. They said they could keep her there, but no one will be there through the night and I don't want her to be afraid. She is coming home with a catheter, why I don't know, my husband talked to them since I wasn't getting any callbacks he took charge. Hard part is going to be getting her back there tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled between 9 and 11 a.m. By the time today's visit and tomorrows visit is totalled it is going to cost about $1,000.00. She's one of my babies and we have to do whatever we can for her, so if that is what it costs then that is what it costs, but seems awfully high to me.

Anyway, thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers and hugs, but please don't quit yet, please continue your good thoughts and prayers for my baby.

QueenScoopalot
05-24-2005, 03:15 PM
The catheter is probably in her leg to keep her system flushed out. The price quoted is obscene! :eek: :eek: :eek: All it is is a spay! Granted she has an infected uterus, but still it shouldn't cost over $1000.00!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Are they planning on gold plating it, and putting it on a plaque for that much money?I think they should...YIKES!

Soapets
05-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Keeping her, and you, in our prayers. Let us know how she does........

furrykidsmother
05-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Thank you everyone for thoughts and prayers! I will know more tomorrow afternoon. Bill does seem very high, but I guess we do what we have to do. Today was $301.00 and they required a deposit of $300.00 towards tomorrows procedure. Almost $600.00 for the surgery, but may be less since all they list in the computer is for a large dog and not a small cat. Of course there will be medications and another day of monitoring etc., what can I do, she's our kid and we have to take care of her, but it is really something what they charge. She is scheduled for surgery between 9:00 and 11:00, I just hope it goes well and she recovers quickly. Prayers still requested if that is OK. Thanks and love and hugs to all! She has been a real trooper through this whole thing, even sporting her Forest Green bandage to cover the catheter. I told her it was very becoming on her, but she doesn't seem to care for it.

moosmom
05-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Gidget will be in my prayers tonight. $1,000 DOES seem awfully high. Jan is right, it's only a spay. I'd ask to see an itemized bill before I plunk anymore money down.

Good luck and keep us posted.

luvofallhorses
05-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Prayers on the way ((((((hugs)))))) what exactly is Polymetra ? :o

momcat
05-24-2005, 08:47 PM
..... are on the way for little Gidget. We're on your side, sweet kitty!
Love, Momcat and Groucho

rg_girlca
05-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for your precious Gidget.

I would also question that bill. It sounds like they might be taking advantage of someone who will do anything for their baby.

furrykidsmother
05-25-2005, 07:35 AM
Pyometra is an infection of the uterus which can't be controlled with medication. It requires a type of "advanced" spaying.

They gave us an itemized estimate and what they quoted is unbelievable. My husband has the estimate, but it was something like $694.00 for the surgery, $79.00 for the catheter, $27.00 for observation, the x-rays were over $100.00, bloodwork around $90.00, $38.00 for the urinalysis and a couple other things I can't recall. They are the same hospital that charged us $500.00+ for Gidgets emergency c-section 5 years ago.

Anyway, I hope the actual is less than the estimate, but most importantly I hope and pray all goes well. They told me to call around 2:00 and see how she is doing.

Thank you again everyone!

smokey the elder
05-25-2005, 07:40 AM
Poor Gidget; I hope she comes through this.

The prices for everything but the surgery seem consistent with going rates; I think the surgery is high. BUT: I've noticed surgical costs have gone up dramatically over the last 6 years or so.

catnapper
05-25-2005, 08:05 AM
Poor sweetie. I hope she will be ok. Lots of prayers for her.

furrykidsmother
05-25-2005, 12:58 PM
The doctor who did her surgery just called to tell me that she got through it just fine and is waking up nicely and I will be able to bring her home tonight. She had a very severe infection from the Pyometra and both ovaries were Cycstic. He is sending her home with 2 antibiotics just to be on the safe side and told me to watch her and call if there are any problems. Both my husband and I have to work tomorrow, I hate to leave her alone!! He said she would probably be fine, but I worry so. I think I will see if I can take a 1/2 day off to keep an eye on her.

Anyway, I can't wait to see her and once again I thank everyone for their prayers and for the advice that led me to get her the help she so desperately needed. I am so grateful that I turned here to get help and I am grateful that the Pyometra was open and not closed, it would have been a lot worse. Hopefully, she will make a speedy recovery.

kimlovescats
05-25-2005, 02:53 PM
So glad to hear that the surgery went so well. Hope she continues to improve and return to a happy, healthy state!

Hugs,
Kim;)

Barbara
05-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Good news!!!!!

{{{Hugs}}} for you and kisses for Gidget:)

QueenScoopalot
05-25-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm so happy to hear Gidget's recovering well, and it was caught before it became fatal. :( I'm rather surprised none of your vets even suggested having her spayed long ago to avoid her even getting pyo. I wouldn't worry about going to work and leaving her alone, as long as she takes her meds. They took out all the infection with her uterus and ovaries. ;) She'll be feeling 100% in a few days I'm sure. :)

momcat
05-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Hi, Furrykidsmom! I'm so happy to hear that the vet called with good news about your little Gidget.Even though she'll be a whole lot more comfortable at home in her familiar surroundings with her favorite toys and people to help her recover, I do understand your reluctance to leave her alone just yet.Would you give her some "get well' lovebug from me?

The prayers continue for your sweet kitty.....