PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy strikes Trayi52 (Willie)!!!!

kimlovescats
05-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Just received a phone call from Willie. Her house burned to the ground this past Thursday!:( Thankfully, her family and all her pets made it out ok. It was a grease fire in the kitchen.

Willie's daughter has a trailor next to her home that was vacant, so Willie and her family are staying there for now. She said that hubby, she and her grandson (Dakota) are fighting over the one bathroom, she has limited space, and they have no A/C for now. They hope to get the AC going this afternoon!

A few friends / community have brought over some clothes for her and hubby, and some bed linens. Dakota hasn't gotten any clothes yet though .... he wears a boys size 12 slim. Anyone wanting to donate to help this precious family, please contact me!

Willie says the most important thing they need right now is prayers, as this family has endured one tragic thing after another here lately!

Please PT friends, let's help where we can!

Sincerely,
Kim

luvofallhorses
05-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Oh no! :( Poor Willie :( ((((((hugs)))))) I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

finn's mom
05-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Oh, my gosh, that's horrible. Is she going to need help with anything? I'm so glad they all made it out all right!

CagneyDog
05-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Oh no :( Thats horrible. She will be in my prayers :(

LKPike
05-24-2005, 10:34 AM
:eek: :eek: my fiance and I are both ~~~terrified~~~~ of fire. theres a large fire extinguisher (S?) in the kitchen, in the bedroom, and 2 small ones in 2 of our vehicles.

I'm so sorry they had to go through that :(:(:( Fire absolutely disgusts me.

catcrazylady
05-24-2005, 10:35 AM
I posted this in CG too but I figure there will be a lot of people wanting to help so please let us know what we can do Kim.

post in CG
OMG! Oh poor poor Willy and her family. This just breaks my heart right in two.
Kim, I know she just asked for prayers but is there anything else we can do? I can't help with little boy clothes and I sure don't have much money but I am willing to do something, ANYTHING, to help. Would a financial donation be better or should we get things needed for a home? Clothes, bed linens, towels, stuff like that. Please tell us what you think would be best. I HAVE to do something for one of the sweetest PT'ers we know.
Are they going to be able to rebuild or do you know?

Thank you for letting us know Kim.

kuhio98
05-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. They are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

If Willie is okay with it, could you PM me their mailing address?
Prayers are definitely healing, but I think a couple of Walmart gift certificates would help outfit the family. That way they can buy what they need.

Lisa

finn's mom
05-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by kuhio98
If Willie is okay with it, could you PM me their mailing address?
Prayers are definitely healing, but I think a couple of Walmart gift certificates would help outfit the family. That way they can buy what they need.

Yeah, something like that is what I was thinking about, too. I don't have much, but, I could do something. I know even getting a $10 Target gift certificate can be really helpful!

catnapper
05-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Oh goodness. Willie, you and your family are definately in my prayers. What a tragedy. ANYTHING I can do to help, please let me know. I will go through my son's clothing and see what might fit Dakota.

kimlovescats
05-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Oh goodness. Willie, you and your family are definately in my prayers. What a tragedy. ANYTHING I can do to help, please let me know. I will go through my son's clothing and see what might fit Dakota.

Don't know when / how Willie will be able to get online to see these messages ... but I think maybe she can at her daughter's house!

I think the Wal-Mart, Target, etc.... Gift Cards are an EXCELLENT idea! That way they are simple to mail, just in an envelope .. and she can get basically anything they need from clothes to food at those places!!!;)

Kim

catlover4ever
05-24-2005, 10:54 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Willie and her family. I can not begin to imagine what they are going through right now. I'm in for helping out and sent you a PM Kim.

catcrazylady
05-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Walmart gift certificates are a BRILLIANT idea!!!
Kim I will PM you for Willie's address.

Willie, if you can see this I hope you know how much we all think of you and are so thankful that no one was hurt.
God Bless you!!!

QueenScoopalot
05-24-2005, 11:03 AM
What an awful year this has been for dear Willie and her family. :( I'm so glad to hear everyone got out safely, and that nobody was injured. Fires are so terrible to hear about. I pray that Willie and her family can get their home rebuilt soon, and that no more tragedies strike them ever. :( I think Wal-Mart etc. gift cards are a great idea. I hope there's a Wal-Mart close by to them...can you find out what store is most convenient Kim? :confused:

Barbara
05-24-2005, 11:04 AM
How horrible! But how much luck in all that tragedy that all of you are safe!:) We cannot be enough grateful for that!

ramanth
05-24-2005, 11:12 AM
How aweful!! :( :( I'm so happy she, her family, and pets are okay.

Such a sickening feeling. I'm strapped for cash at the moment, but can help out in the next two weeks.

Many thoughts and prayers for them.

Karen
05-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Oh, no! She will definitely be in our prayers. Let us know what we can send, and PM me her daughter's mailing address or wherever we could send things?

Goodness, thank heavens everyone got out safely!

Kirsten
05-24-2005, 11:16 AM
How terrible! That is indeed a real nightmare coming true!

Thank God no one of her family/pets have been injured!

The family is in my thoughts...

Kirsten

kittycats_delight
05-24-2005, 11:24 AM
I am sorry for all the bad things that have happened to Willie recently and this one is just horrible. I am very happy everyone got out ok without injury. That is a blessing. It;s really time for dear Willie's luck to change for the better. I hope she can get her home rebuilt quickly. I know I am fairly new here but I would like to help. Unfortunately there is no walmart near to me at all and we don't have Target stores either. But maybe I could get my mom to get me a walmart giftcard and send to me and in turn I can send it on to Willie. I will email her today and see if she can get one and send with my package tomorrow. When I get it I will pm you Kim for the address.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} for Willie and family. Furrkids too.

mina'smomma
05-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Don't know when / how Willie will be able to get online to see these messages ... but I think maybe she can at her daughter's house!

I think the Wal-Mart, Target, etc.... Gift Cards are an EXCELLENT idea! That way they are simple to mail, just in an envelope .. and she can get basically anything they need from clothes to food at those places!!!;)

Kim

Can you pm the address??? I've got some cards for the dears. Also a couple of things for the grandson.

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2005, 11:34 AM
How tragic. I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Willie and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Kim, I'd also like to help so if you'd pm me her address I'd appreciate it.

emily_the_spoiled
05-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Kim, can you please PM me Willie's address, I would like to send her a gift card.

Once we find out what store is best for her we can cards that work best for her.

Cheryl

dukedogsmom
05-24-2005, 12:12 PM
I am so sad to hear this. I am glad they all are alright. This is just so horrible. Willie, we're all here for you. I just don't know what else to say other than I'm so very sorry.

shais_mom
05-24-2005, 12:27 PM
that is terrible.
I hate fires...
she will be in my thoughts and prayers.

sirrahbed
05-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Oh NO! :( Will someone please PM me an address and let me know whose it is - I would like to help as I can. Perhaps her daughter or the trailor? Thanks!!

Gift certificates sound like the best thing to me. I feel terrible for sweet Willie!!

Albea
05-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Kim, could you please PM me Willie's address.
I have a WalMart not too far from here I would like to send a gift card.
It seems that so many PTalkers are having such terrible times right now
:(

lbaker
05-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Kim it's so kind (but not at all surprising) of you to offer to be a go-between in this matter. Please someone let me know a mailing address to send packages and/or cards/certificates. All Willie has ever done is post loving, caring, thoughtful posts of joy and hope for everyone else, now it's her turn to get some loving in return and I want to help.
Laurie

NoahsMommy
05-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh no!!! Poor Willie and family!! :(

While I can't help financially right now, I can pray for them.

Please let her know she's in my thoughts and prayers.

kimlovescats
05-24-2005, 12:57 PM
I spoke with Willie just a few minutes ago ... she said that the Wal-Mart or Target gift cards would be great. She popped in at her daughter's and saw this thread. She said to tell everyone that she REALLY needs PRAYERS, and that everyone here is "THE GREATEST"!!!

WE LOVE YOU WILLIE!!!!

Hugs and Prayers,
Kim;)

catmandu
05-24-2005, 01:00 PM
THE ONLY GOOD THING,IS THAT ALL,THE PETS,AND WILLIES FAMILY GOT OUT.WILL THIER INSURANCE,HELP,HER,UNTIL THIER HOME,IS SET UP.IS THERE A WESTERN UNION,WHERE WE COULD SEND A CONTRIBUTION.THAT MUST BE TRAUMATIC,TO HAVE YOOR SHELTER,BURN,TO THE GROUND,AND MY PRAYERS,ARE WITH THEM.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2005, 01:17 PM
This just breaks my heart. Plenty of prayers on the way For the entire family. :(

kimlovescats
05-24-2005, 01:55 PM
*bump*

crsvstang
05-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh, no! I'm so sorry this happened to them! Specially after being through a fire ourselves back in December. I wish there was something I could do. But right now all I can do is offer prayers!

I might be able talk to some family see if they can gather up some clothes. I'm sure we can do little something.

I will get back to you when I find something out.

Corinna
05-24-2005, 02:00 PM
I will be praying for them and sending a check so they can get anything else that Walmart or Target may not have.
Willie if you need any thing particular call me or e-mail me [email protected] I'll pm you my phone # Please anything you need even if its to talk.

popcornbird
05-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Oh my goodness!! :( How tragic. :( Thank GOD they're all okay!!! I'll be sure to keep Willie in my thoughts and prayers.

finn's mom
05-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Ok, I'm trying to do something nice, and, would like some help remembering Willie's pets and their names. This is what I could remember off the top of my head.

Mario - male monkey
Stubby - male black cat
Grover - female tortoishell cat
Charlie - male cockatiel
Buffy - female fawn chihuahah

Please let me know if she does have all of the same pets I've listed above and her other pets. It also says she has a horse. Any info would be appreciated, I'm just trying to make something to send with a card. :) Thanks, guys.

- Kari

kimlovescats
05-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Willie also told me that Stubby passed away a couple of weeks ago as well.:(

finn's mom
05-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Kim, if Willie is around, please tell her how sorry I am for all that she has lost. :( It's times like this when answers seem to be scarce.

rg_girlca
05-24-2005, 03:33 PM
OMG this is just devasting news. How much more can one person endure. I am so heartbroken over this.

Willie, I don't know if God is testing you for some reason, but I pray that he has something bigger and better in store for you.

((((((HUGS)))))) dear friend and know that we will all get you through this.

I am so, so sorry to hear on the loss of your beloved Stubby.

Rest in Peace sweetie.

carole
05-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Oh Willie my dear friend you have had so much to endure lately, my heart goes out to you, know that you are deep in my thoughts, and that I am extremely sad to hear of this latest tragedy, I am so happy you all got out and are safe and well.

Loosing your home will be devastating all the same, I am so sorry Willie, I am sending you all our love and hugs, not much comfort right now, but just want you to know how much we all care.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Oh No. I am so sorry for poor Willie. These last few months have certainly been very trying for her. Prayers are being said here. I'd also like to help out by sending her a gift card or something to help out.

Kim- thanks for being so wonderful and taking care for everything here. Willie is so blessed to have a friend in you.

countrycowgirl
05-24-2005, 03:52 PM
OMG!! I am so sorry to hear this willie!!!:( I have tons of prayers coming your way!!! I will talk to my mom but I think that I can get a gift card .... I am so sorry willie you are such a sweet person and I hope that everything works out okay

Cinder & Smoke
05-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by catmandu

Is there a Western Union,
where we could send a Contribution?

CatMan ~

"Western Union" is a :eek: VERY EXPENSIVE way to send money!!
They charge a very high "service fee"!!

Better ways to send money are:

* Write her a personal check and snail-mail it
* Go to the US Post Office and purchase a Postal Money Order;
. . then snail-mail it ~ way cheaper than Western Union; and most
. . stores and service vendors accept them just like "cash".

/s/ Phred

Fox-Gal
05-24-2005, 04:22 PM
OMG, I don't know what to say, I'm sorry, just doesn't seem enough at a time like this, but right now that's all I can say.

Willie, I am so so sorry, hugs and prayers are with you ever second of the day.

I can not even imagine what she must be feeling right now, sure put things in a different perspective for me and my little sorrows

If there ever was a time for PT to get together, this is it. I'm in on the Wal-mart card or else if you know her paypal account, let me know. I remember her telling me once she had one. Seem a faster way to get money to her, so she can get what she needs, sooner. Also Please pm me her address, if you can, I have something special, I'd really like to send her.

Kfamr
05-24-2005, 04:26 PM
So much grief going on in this sweet ladies life and she doesn't even deserve it. Please Kim, if you speak to Willie again let her know that i'm thinking of her. I'd really like to contribute somehow and i'll try to see if I can.

slick
05-24-2005, 04:35 PM
:( :( I have no words to say....this is just so sad and my heart goes out to you Willie. Thank God you are all safe.

I've just called my local Wal-Mart and the gift cards I buy here can't be used in the States. :( We don't have Target stores here either. Is there another store or perhaps I should just send a cheque. :confused:

Karen
05-24-2005, 04:37 PM
I have a nephew who is 14 and skinny as a rail. He blew past 12 Slim sometime in the not-too-distant past, and my brother (not Lady's Human, my other brother, owned by a husky/lab mix and a couple cats) is going to see if there are clothes hanging around that would fit or even be a bit big for Willie's grandson.

finn's mom
05-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by slick
:( :( I have no words to say....this is just so sad and my heart goes out to you Willie. Thank God you are all safe.

I've just called my local Wal-Mart and the gift cards I buy here can't be used in the States. :( We don't have Target stores here either. Is there another store or perhaps I should just send a cheque. :confused:

You can always just send a personal check made out to Willie. I can't believe we're even all talking about this tragedy, it just seems so surreal. I can't even imagine what Willie and her family are feeling. :(

jenluckenbach
05-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Oh my Dear Lord. :(:( Hugs and Prayers to Willie. (Kim I PM'd you).

kuhio98
05-24-2005, 04:54 PM
You can order WALMART gift certificates online at:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=130663&path=0%3A2637%3A96894%3A130663

They are available in many denominations. Check it out.

Lisa

Fox-Gal
05-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
You can always just send a personal check made out to Willie. I can't believe we're even all talking about this tragedy, it just seems so surreal. I can't even imagine what Willie and her family are feeling. :(

Can I make a suggestion, I think a money order might just be better, this way she doesn't have to wait for it to clear. Some checks can take up to 10 days to clear and I would think, she might want things as soon as she can. Just a thought to keep in mind.

Thats kind of why I was thinking, the paypal account, I could have money to her as soon as today. Sense she can get on-line at her daughters, she can just transfer it to her account from there.

K9soul
05-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I just don't know what to say. With so many tragedies going on, my words begin to feel empty and repetitive to me. I am so incredibly sorry, but very thankful that no one was hurt. Willie will be in my prayers. I wish there were more adequate words to say :(

chocolatepuppy
05-24-2005, 05:30 PM
How awful! :( Thank goodness everyone is safe. Willie, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

slick
05-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I think a money order might just be better
Yes you are right FG. I can go to the bank and purchase a US money order. I have obtained Willie's address so will try to get it mailed off to her this week.

Willie, as always you remain in my thoughts and prayers.

momcat
05-24-2005, 08:59 PM
The prayers are coming and will continue. Where do I send a check?

kimlovescats
05-24-2005, 09:21 PM
momcat, and anyone else wanting her address ... PM me and I will give it to you!

THANKS so much! Next time I speak with Willie, I will ask about the Paypal thing!;)

Kim

Corinna
05-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Kim do you know if the house was insured or are they in for a harder battle getting a new place built?

lbaker
05-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Is there a preference between a Target, a Walmart or (D-in-Law suggested) a grocery gift card? Which place is more convenient? I'm putting a box of misc. stuff together as we speak (a few books, some silly stuff, a few "generic" T-shirts etc) and will send it off by the weekend. Are the rest of the furkids OK for the time being? :(

Pam
05-25-2005, 06:51 AM
What a horrible thing to happen to such a sweet person!! Sometimes life seems so unfair, doesn't it. I would like to send something to help as well so if someone could PM me an address I would appreciate it. My SIL's house burned to the ground many years ago (furnace blew up) and her dog was inside the house. :( Thankfully no one (hurman or furry) was injured. We can thank God for that. Willie if you are reading this now, please know that you will be in many people's prayers, mine included.

cubby31682
05-25-2005, 06:52 AM
OMG I hope everyone is okay. I know everyone got out okay. I really hope they can replace their house and all of their belongings soon.

My prayers are with her.
Katie

lbaker
05-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Pam, I'm sending you the address right now.
L

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-25-2005, 08:17 AM
OMG, what a nightmare.... :eek: !!!
Things like this are so overwhelming; htey will leave an immense scar on Willie and her family.... ! My parents were in the "big flood" in Europe in 1953: their house, including a butchery, was completely ruined. My parents still have nightmares over this...

Lots of hugs and prayers to Willie & family!!

KYS
05-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Thankgoodness that they are ok.
Very scary situation.
Sending many Hugs and prayers.

Randi
05-25-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm so very sorry about this. It's horrible!! :( Thank goodness Willie and all the pets were rescued. I hope the house can be rebuilt and the insurance will pay for a temporary accommodation.

Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts during this difficult time.

PJ's Mom
05-25-2005, 09:29 AM
How horrible. :(

Many good wishes headed to Willie and her family.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Next time I speak with Willie, I will ask about the Paypal thing!;)

I have Paypal set up from when we raised money for Randi, so if anyone wants to send money via Paypal they can use that. I was planning on sending Willie something anyway, so I could just add whatever amount I receive through Paypal to what I'm sending - and identify any donors by name of course. The only thing to remember is that Paypal gets their share of anything you send through it, so to get the full amount to Willie a gift card or money order would be better.

So if anyone wants to use Paypal, they can go to my site datslife.net (http://www.datslife.net) and click on the Paypal button. That will take you to Paypal and just follow the directions from there.

Kim, I didn't check with you on this first because I wanted to get the link out ASAP so people can start using it if they want, but if you'd rather that I didn't do this, just let me know and I'll delete this post.

Oh, and just for future reference, with Paypal the money isn't there "instantly." You have to tell them how you want it transferred to you and then it takes 3 - 4 days for them to transfer it to your account. Actually sounds to me like buying the Wal-mart gift card online would be the quickest way to get it to her.

gini
05-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Life is just so darn unfair. How could something like this happen to one of the dearest and nicest members of Pet Talk?

As someone else said, mere words just don't seem adequate.

Willie, you have my prayers for yourself and your whole family.

Kim, I will be p/ming you to get Willie's address.

lbaker
05-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Gini, I just sent it to you.........

gini
05-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Laurie, thanks for the address. Kuhio thanks for the link to Walmart.

Since Willie is going to have to start at the bottom again........I sent her a Walmart card because she can get so many different household items there along with clothing.

slick
05-25-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm going to the bank on my lunch today to get a US money order and will get it mailed off tomorrow.

My heart aches....what on earth can we do to comfort her?:( :(

anna_66
05-25-2005, 03:52 PM
How terrible that this has happened:( Willie, I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and am so sorry.
I'll be sending LOTS of prayers your way sweetie.
Love Anna

wolfsoul
05-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Poor Willie. :( So much tragedy.

Bless all of you who are helping her out. :)

lbaker
05-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Willie is one of the most caring, loving, non-judgemental person I've met here... we could do no less for our family.

Cincy'sMom
05-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Many thoughts and prayers going our to Willie and family. What a tragedy!! I'm so glad everyone is alright.

rg_girlca
05-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Willie, please take comfort in knowing that so many people all around the world love you and are praying for you and your family.

((((((HUGS))))))

Edwina's Secretary
05-25-2005, 07:54 PM
So sorry Willie! Could I get the address as well from anyone who has it?

jazzcat
05-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
So sorry Willie! Could I get the address as well from anyone who has it?
I just sent you a PM with the address.

trayi52
05-25-2005, 09:53 PM
I am replying to all of you that have been so kind in sending my mom and family prayers and thoughtful words of encouragement. I am Angie, Willie's oldest daughter. Mom wanted me to reply and say thanks so much to each of you. I would also like to thank you all for the sweet things you have posted about my mother!! Right now they are staying in a mobile home that my husband and I have next door. I have been telling mom about all the kind things you all have said. Maybe soon she came come here and spend enough time to post on pet talk herself. She also says that pet talk prayers are the best!

Again, Thank you!

slick
05-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh Angie, thanks so much for posting this. Please, please go to your Mom and give her a big {{{hug}}} from Slick and tell her that she and all of her family is in my daily prayers.

I'm so glad that everyone is safe...but I'm wondering about Mario. Is he OK and where is he staying??

Karen
05-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Good to hear from you, Angie, tell your Mom we love her and hope things get better every day.

trayi52
05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Mario is ok. Lindsey and I went to Mom and Dad's place today and spent a little time with him. He was doing fine. I will give mom a hug for you all. Thanks for the kindness!

slick
05-25-2005, 10:25 PM
That's good to hear Angie. Do you think next time you see him you could give him a big {{{hug}}} from all the Thursday crowd?? He is still our bar mascot. Your Mom can explain.

This must be difficult for you guys too so sending more {{{hugs}}}. I'm putting an envelope in tomorrow's mail but it's coming from Canada so I hope it will get there without too much delay.

dukedogsmom
05-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Glad to hear from you, Angie. I'm mailing my card tomorrow from Florida. Please tell Willie we are all thinking about her and hope she can come back here soon.

Kfamr
05-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Thoughts are still coming your way..

kimlovescats
05-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I am replying to all of you that have been so kind in sending my mom and family prayers and thoughtful words of encouragement. I am Angie, Willie's oldest daughter. Mom wanted me to reply and say thanks so much to each of you. I would also like to thank you all for the sweet things you have posted about my mother!! Right now they are staying in a mobile home that my husband and I have next door. I have been telling mom about all the kind things you all have said. Maybe soon she came come here and spend enough time to post on pet talk herself. She also says that pet talk prayers are the best!

Again, Thank you!

Hi Angie .... I am so glad that you posted here! Bless your heart!
Please tell your mom to be checking her mailbox really closely over the next few weeks. She should be getting lots of cards and gift shopping cards in her mailbox from our PT people!!! We all love Willie so much, and are hurting so badly for you all right now! Please give her hugs, and if she needs anything, tell her to call me!

Kim;)

Oggyflute
05-26-2005, 01:02 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you always.

QueenScoopalot
05-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Thanks so much for popping in Angie, and relaying our messages to one of PetTalk's favorite people. :) I'm also sending ((HUGS)) and prayers that your mom and Jimmy can get back into their own place as soon as possible. Hope the mailbox holds up to the worldwide flood of mail coming your way Willie. ;) Please keep checking in when you can, and be sure and deliver lots of hugs please. :)

sirrahbed
05-26-2005, 06:46 AM
I appreciate the update daughter Angie!!

I keep thinking of sweet Willie and all she has been going through and now this! Yesterday, last night and this morning I just keep thinking of her.

Willie - if you pop on, please know that thoughts and prayers are coming from all over PT and here in Ohio. I wish there was more we could do.....

Pam
05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Thank you for the update. My little Walmart gift card was put in the mail this morning. I wish I could do more but prayers are free and help in ways that material things can't. Mine are still going up.

cloverfdx
05-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Lots of prayers on the way for one of the sweetest PTers. Willie i am so sorry, all you and your family have been through the past months have been heart breaking, i wish i was there to give you a huge {{HUG}}.

You will be in my thoughts.

:(

dukedogsmom
05-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Just a heads up from me. I mailed mine today. Since it did have a money order, you'll have to sign for it. I hope we all can help cheer you up.

lbaker
05-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Mailed a FedEx box today for 3 business day delivery. Should get there Tuesday!

momcat
05-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi, Angie! Thanks so much for updating us on your Mom's situation. At times like this it's hard to say what's in your heart, you want to give comfort and support but sometimes the words just won't come. My positive thoughts and prayers continue for your Mom and your whole family. Please keep us updated?

ChrisH
05-27-2005, 06:24 AM
What a terrible thing to happen, my heart goes out to you. I so wish I could offer more than just words. :(

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

{{hugs}}
Chris

trayi52
05-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Mom wanted me to thank those who have sent cards, gift cards, and prayers her way! She hopes to be online soon. She has a computer on the way. She also wants you all to know how much she is missing you and pet talk. Thanks so much for your kindness during all this! By the way, all her furry babies are doing well. -Angie

wolfie
05-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Oh, that is so awful! :( I am so sorry, and I am glad that everyone is safe.

momcat
05-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Lots of positive thoughts and prayers continue.....

rg_girlca
05-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Angie, let your Mom know how much we miss her and can't wait to have her back here on PT where she belongs. With all her friends.:D

Prayers and positive thoughts still on the way for you Willie and your family.

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 02:02 AM
hi willie and angie!

I don't know wille very well but I can see she's one of our sweet hearts! and so sorry about this tradegy!! unbelivable... my heart's completely with you...it happened to me last september too, so saddening but very relieved to hear everyone got out! we can't lose one of our dears :) :)

hope things are looking better for you? and that things aren't very difficult than you thought. please let us hear from YOU, willie very, soon with good news! I pray!

DO take care, my friend -- hugs,

me :)

Tonya
05-30-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about that. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Can someone PM me her address? Thanks. (((hugs))) Tonya

trayi52
05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
I am at my daughters right now, and I want to personally thank all of you for your kind words and all those wonderful PT prayers. I know they work, as they are working right now.

Hopefully my computer will arrive in a few days and I will be able to be on Pet Talk more often. I do miss all of you so much.

I really appreciate the cards and the gift cards, they have really been such a help to me, both mentally and physically.

Hugs to you all,
Willie:)

gini
05-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Willie, I am glad to hear from you. I have thought about you so much this past week...........and do send prayers that out of all of this tragedy there is a happy and new beginning for you.

dukedogsmom
05-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Willie, it's great to hear from you! Glad you could check in for a few minutes. Hugs to you and all your critters.

jenluckenbach
05-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Willie, I am SO glad to hear from YOU! I (we all) have been so worried. You have been in my thoughts constantly.

QueenScoopalot
05-30-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm so happy to hear from you too Willie. We've been so worried about you, and sure hope you can get a new place built, though it's so sad that memories, and treasures were lost. But most importantly you and your family and pets all got out safely. :) Missing you, and hoping that 'puter gets set up soon so you can pop in more, and let us know how you are. (((HUGS))) Jan

slick
05-30-2005, 07:40 PM
How wonderful to hear from you Willie. Please know that you and your family continue to be in my daily prayers.

kimlovescats
05-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I am at my daughters right now, and I want to personally thank all of you for your kind words and all those wonderful PT prayers. I know they work, as they are working right now.

Hopefully my computer will arrive in a few days and I will be able to be on Pet Talk more often. I do miss all of you so much.

I really appreciate the cards and the gift cards, they have really been such a help to me, both mentally and physically.

Hugs to you all,

Hi Willie! So glad to hear you are already receiving some mail from our wonderful PTers!!! This weekend was crazy around here, will try to call you in the next day or so! You know how to reach me if there is anything I can do ... OK???

Love ya,
Kim

finn's mom
05-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Ah, Willie, it's so nice to hear the prayers are working for you and that you're receiving mail from Pet Talk! I will be sending a card this week! I hope you get it soon thereafter! Keep your chin up!

Miss Meow
05-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Willie, I'm so sorry to hear about this tragedy. What a dreadful shock for you and your family.

We are sending all our positive thoughts and hope you and your family are OK. {{{hugs}}}

rg_girlca
05-30-2005, 10:26 PM
It's so good to hear from you Willie and that your spirits have been lifted by all the prayers and love that has been and still is being shown for you.

((((((HUGS)))))) Willie.:)

anna_66
05-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Willie I'm glad to see you post and am happy that the prayers are helping. Hope to see you back here soon.

More love and prayers headed your way.
Anna

trayi52
06-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Just wanted to let you know that Grover is finally getting used to the trailer, she is finally coming out in the daytime, and looking out the window at the birds. Buffy and Gaucho are adapting very well.

Mario is still at the old house place and would not be happy here because he would have to be in a cage, we go see him everyday, and take him a treat that he is very happy with. I am sure that he misses us. At least his house did not burn, so he still has the familiarity of his own home.

I want to thank all my wonderful, loving Pet Talk Friends for all the comforting prayers, cards, and gifts I have received. I don't know what I would do without All of you wonderful loving people.
You are just the greatest friends that anybody could ask for. I thank the lord for all of you.

Hugs to all of you,

krazyaboutkatz
06-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Willie, it's great to hear from you and I'm glad that everyone is doing well. Please take care.:)

dukedogsmom
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Glad to hear from you, Willie! I'm also very glad that we're cheering you up.

slick
06-02-2005, 02:04 PM
So glad to hear from you Willie. Please know that you and your family continue to be in my daily thoughts and prayers.

{{{hugs}}}
slick

jenluckenbach
06-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Still in my thoughts, Willie.

QueenScoopalot
06-02-2005, 04:08 PM
You're always in my thoughts too Willie. I'm so glad PTers came through to help you out during such a traumatic time. Sure hope the new place gets built fast, and Mario has his family back near him again. HUGS!!! :)

dukedogsmom
06-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Willie, you must be on my mind a lot. I dreamed I got to meet Mario. He was living in the basement and we were showing him an umbrella. It was a paper one with beautiful butterflies all over it. Wonder what in the world the significance of the butterfies? Anyway, thought you'd get a kick out of it.