PDA

View Full Version : People are so cruel :(

wolfsoul
05-23-2005, 07:33 PM
When my cat, Sara, passed away last year, I made her a beautiful tombstone and put it over her grave. I spent alot of time sanding down the stone and figuring out how to use the computerized carving machine and painting...Sara is buried near the creek on my grandpa's land.

Well, last Easter I went to visit her grave and noticed the tombstone was missing. It struck me hard and I didn't want to say anything to my grandpa about it because I knew I'd cry. So later I just asked my mom to see if she could talk to him about it because I didn't want to. She said that he may have just put it away somewhere because there was still alot of snow up there and maybe he didn't want it getting wrecked.

Well she finally asked him today, and he said he knows nothing about it. He said that around Easter time there were these brat kids up there causing trouble. He thinks they stole her TOMBSTONE! :( Of call the things to steal, why pick something so personal? He says not to rush out and make another stone quite yet...We are going to wait until the water goes down and see if maybe they just threw it in the creek.

This just makes me so sad. :( People can be so cruel. If those kids did this, I hope someone steals something really valuable and meaningful to them so they can see how it feels like. :mad: This just makes me cry because a tombstone..it just represents something. That tombstone was closure for me. Sara's death happened so fast and I wasn't even there and I felt so bad. Putting that tombstone there was like my final goodbye, and they just took that away from me.

Thanks for listening; I really needed to vent.

Palomino21
05-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I can understand how you feel. That would make me extremely angry too. If I were in the same situation I would put up a little sign asking for it to be returned. Someone should know something. Or if I was really desperate I would call the news and let them know that someone stole it. Someone is bound to return it. Many other petlovers would feel for you. That's me though. Kids can be mean, but then again, they do not understand things the way adults do. The parents should have been paying attention to their kids.

momcat
05-23-2005, 08:36 PM
What a horrible thing to do! It might not be a bad idea to run it in the local newspaper. Someone has to know something about this. Hoping this all works out well for you. I can understand how devastated you must be.....

wolfsoul
05-23-2005, 08:43 PM
I don't think anyone would know anything. :( The land is my grandpa's campsite. There weren't many people staying there that weekend, except for my family, and the kids were staying there with their parents from out of town. I wish I would have said something back then because then something could have been done right away. I feel pretty bad about keeping quiet. Thanks guys.

catmandu
05-24-2005, 02:51 PM
SOME,OF THESE YOUNG PEOPLE ARE EMOTONAL VACUUMS,NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING,TO THEM,EXCEPT,FOR PASSING,ON THE PAIN,THAT THEY HAVE HAD,TO ENDURE,FROM SOME PRETTY TRASHY PEOPLE.I HOPE,THAT YOU GET THAT HEADSTONE BACK.NAD ITS A SHAME,THAT THEY CANT KEEP,THIER HANDS,OFF THINGS,THAT DONT BELONG,TO THEM.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1165.jpg

rosethecopycat
05-24-2005, 02:59 PM
You had your "goodbye" when you placed the stone. Don't let them take that away from you.
Even if the stone never turns up, you will keep it in your mind, with her.

All things on this earth are fleeting. Stones, even mountains...

RIP Sara.

She is waiting for you at the RB now.