PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a new RB kitty!

kt_luvs_kitties
05-23-2005, 02:08 PM
I came home from lunch to ask for prayers on a new kitty that has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. His name was Tigger, and he was boarding with us for 5 days, and today was his neuter day. He apparently was allergic to the anesthesia and came out of it, for about 2 minutes, before he stopped breathing. We tried for 45 minutes to revive him , with no luck. His parents are out of town, and I was hoping we could all say a special prayer for this kitten (6 months old) and for the family, because I know when we tell them, they are going to be devastated. He was so sweet, and I feel so bad. But with our prayers, maybe we can ease the pain in some way. Thank you all so much, and I miss you all. *HUGS* Katie and kitties

moosmom
05-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Katie,

I'm so sorry to hear about Tigger! RIP Tiggs. Godspeed to the RB!

My thoughts and prayers are with Tigger's family.

kimlovescats
05-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh how AWFUL!!!!:( Rest in peace, Tigger. Gosh, I feel so bad for everyone involved!:(

smokey the elder
05-23-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm so sorry that happened! RIP, poor Tiggs.

Kirsten
05-23-2005, 02:37 PM
How very sad! :(

Poor little boy! Neutering was meant to make his life easier, and now it led to his passing... I know this can happen, but it's just tragic! :(

R.I.P. little Tigger.

Kirsten

Soapets
05-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Oh, how sad!:( What are the chances of this happening? I would HATE to have that happen to Shadow, and/or Annie, when the time comes! HOW do you tell Tigger's people that this happened? Will they call in to check on him?

I will DEFINITELY make sure that I am home and available at all times on the day that it is done to Shadow, and then Annie. I couldn't handle news like that very well, I'm afraid.

I will keep little Tigger, his people, and all of YOU in my prayers. It must be terribly difficult for the Vet. and staff to have to go through this, too. I suppose it happens now and then, but it can't ever be easy, I wouldn't think........

catlover4ever
05-23-2005, 02:53 PM
How sad, RIP Sweet Tigger. :(

catmandu
05-23-2005, 05:24 PM
LITTLE TIGGER,WAS AT TONY ROMAS,TODAY,A LITTLE STARTLED,AS HE THOUGHT,THAT THE VETS,WAS ONE PLACE,WHERE NOTHING BAD,COULD HAPPEN,BUT,THERE HE WAS AN ETERNAL KITTEN,WITHA LOT,OF PET ANGELS,WITH RIBLINGS,TO EAT,AND A MILKSHAKE,TO DRINK.HE WAS SAD,AS HE,IS GOING,TO MISS HIS GUARDIANS,AND THE FACT,THAT HE MISSED,ALL THAT GROWING UP.BUT HE SAID,ATHT HE WAS GOING,TO BE,THE BEST LITTLE KITTEN ANGEL,THAT HE COULD BE,AND WILL SEE HIS GUARDIANS,ONE FINE DAY,AND FOR THEM,TO ADOPT ANOTHER STARRY KITTEN,IN HIS NAME.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos461.jpg

rosethecopycat
05-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Sorry for Tigger.

In your days here, you were loved, and that's more than a lot of pets ever have.

Godspeed to the bridge, Tigger.

kt_luvs_kitties
05-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Thank you all so much for these kind words. I know he wasnt my kitty, but it hurts just the same.

Soapets, I would HIGHLY suggest that you get pre-anestetic bloodwork taken before these procedures. It might have saved Tiggers life. I had all 3 of my kitties bloodwork done, and when it came back all ok, I went ahead with surgery. That chances of this happening is very low, but then again, their is always a risk with even the most tiny surgeries (like a neuter) so please keep this in mind.
After today I will always recommend getting it done prior to any surgery. (and in my whole time working at this vet and my other vet, I only saw 3 cats die from declaw/spay, 3 spay and this is my 2nd time having a cat die from a neuter. the first neuter kitty was also allergic to anesthesia as well. That can be determined from the bloodwork as well.

rg_girlca
05-23-2005, 11:07 PM
This is so sad. Poor little Tigger.

May you Rest in Peace little one.

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2005, 01:54 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( RIP sweet Tigger.:(