PDA

View Full Version : Rehoming Kahlua

Lacey
05-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Well, I've tried and tried, but it's time to accept that this isn't the right place for Kahlua. She got to spend most of Saturday out of the bedroom, and there were only a couple of squabbles, but she's got Mowgli so terrified that he stayed on the windowsill behind the couch all day.

And as much as I adore Kahlua, I can't handle having my Mowgli-bear loverboy so scared out of his wits. The poor little guy was so tense on Saturday that he'd growl at me when I'd go to pet him and try to comfort him. :( :( :(

So I'm putting out the feelers for a new home for my Kuku-girl. So far one of the guys I work with might be interested. He's at least said outright that he'd like to have a cat around, but he's just not sure how his dogs would handle it. At least that's a possibility. I've offered to let him try her out for a few days and see how things'll work out. He's going to think about it.

So fingers and paws crossed that a furr-ever home can be found for Kahlua.

catnapper
05-23-2005, 01:39 PM
All fingers and paws crossed here. Do not feel like a failure - you tried very hard and gave it plenty of time. You can't have one of your other cats so stressed that it ruins his quality of life.

catmandu
05-23-2005, 01:45 PM
THAT MAKES ME,WONDER ABOUT POUNCETTE,AS SHE HAS STARYTED,TAKING AFTER ROCCA,DIANE,AND PRCIOUS.WELL,ACTUALLY SHE GIVES ROCCA,A WIDE BERTH,AFTER THE CLAWS CAME OUT.OR SHOULD I SAY OOOOUUUUCCCCHHH! BUT I DONT LIKE HER BULYING,THE LITTLE ONES,AND GROWWWLING,AT THE OTHER CATS,WHEN THEY JSUT GO NEAR HER.WHAT A DILEMMA,AS SHE WILL BE TOUGH,TO REHOME!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos461.jpg

jenluckenbach
05-23-2005, 02:00 PM
I saw this coming, and nodded when I saw the thread title. It seems that she CAN be with other cats, but they must be a bit braver than poor Mowgli. She seems a lot like my foster Pumpkin in that respect.

She is a good girl and you gave her a great start at learning how to be a much loved house cat.

You did all you could and should not be ashamed but rather PROUD of your accomplishment. She will find a wonderful home, I am certain.

kimlovescats
05-23-2005, 02:29 PM
You really have tried hard ... sometimes the personalities just don't match. I'm sure Kahlua will find a wonderful home, where she can rule the roost. I'll be happy to hear that Mowgli has calmed down again as well!;)

kuhio98
05-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Awwww, well you tried and tried. Too bad Kahlua didn't cooperate more. I hope she finds a great home so you can all be happier. Poor Mowgli. :(

rg_girlca
05-23-2005, 11:05 PM
You more than tried your best and placing Kahlua in another home is the right decision.

Poor Mowgli cannot go on being so scared in his own home.

Prayers on the way that you are able to find a new home for her very soon.

NoahsMommy
05-24-2005, 01:08 AM
((Hugs))

I'm sorry its not working out, but some things are just meant to be a certain way.

I'm confident Kahlua has learned a lot and recieved a ton of love from you. She'll find her furrever home...she'll have you to thank for that, hon.

Take care,
Kelly :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out but your other cats need to be able to live in a stressfree environment. I can relate to what you're going through because I recently had to rehome my Cirrus.:( At least you're not waiting for 2 years like I did. Sometimes personalities just clash and theres nothing you can do about it.
I hope that Kahlua will be able to find a new loving forever home. Good luck.:)

sirrahbed
05-24-2005, 06:58 AM
I'm sorry Lacey but I know you have tried everything!! I really am glad that Mowgli will be able to live happily and not be afraid. Kahlua is a sweet girl but just needs a different set of siblings:rolleyes:

Did the guy from work say anything else about taking Kahlua? I bet Kahlua would do really well with dogs:D But whatever, I know there is a great home for her out there!

Lacey
05-24-2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the support!

Part of me knows that rehoming Kahlua is the right thing to do and part of me wants to hold onto her forever.

I haven't had a chance to talk to Wes again since he told me he'd think about trying her out for a couple of days. Oh the joys of working at complete opposite ends of the building. But I'll give him some time to think it over and then check with him about it.

I'm betting Kahlua will do fine with dogs. Goodness knows she's fearless enough. And she's sweet enough that I bet after a few minutes around her, Wes'll go, "I want this cat!" :D

I just have to convince him to give her a shot.

catcrazylady
05-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Lacey I'm so sorry for you. We all know how hard you tried. If this home doesn't work out the last thing I can think of to try is medication to calm Kahlua and maybe Mowgli too.
You gave it your best shot but we all understand that Mowgli can't go on living in fear and hiding all the time in his own home.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Lacey
05-24-2005, 10:00 AM
And the funny thing about Mowgli is that if Kahlua's behind a closed door, and he can't really see her, he'll settle in front of the door as if to say, "Haha! I'm out here and you're not!"

For instance, I put Kahlua in the bathroom so Mowgli could snooze with me. Kahlua meowed her head off and Mowgli settled in front of the bathroom door. When I went and cracked open the door just a tiny bit, though, Mowgli took off like a rocket. As soon as the door was closed and Kahlua meowing again, Mowgli was back in front of it. (Zelda, meanwhile, was more interested in Kahlua's food bowl.)

Of course, thanks to Kahlua, I probably now have the only cat in the world terrified of a feather wand. :rolleyes: